No more Waiting - Iowa, IA

I'm 45 years old 5' and 190#. I am a 42G and have...

I'm 45 years old 5' and 190#. I am a 42G and have had large boobies since I was 12 years old. I've never really considered BR until I started dating my now husband approximately 15 years ago. I went to see my PS and was approved 15 years ago but due to a change in my financial situation I wasn't able to go thru with the surgery.
Now fast forward to the present. I've decided that I'm tired of feeling like I am and went to see my PS a second time. I was approved in early Sept and now it's been a waiting game for me. It felt like when I scheduled the surgery it would fly by...well needless to say time has drug and drug. Now it feels like time is moving too fast.
I am getting excited though, can't wait to experience a "new" me.

Just had my surgery on Nov 14. I am so excited. ...

Just had my surgery on Nov 14. I am so excited. I just can't quit looking at them. The first time I got up to go to the restroom I looked down and couldn't believe it. I can't remember the last time I had a view like that.....maybe when I was 14. I don't feel as terrible as I figured I would. The pain I have isn't unbearable, when it starts to strengthen I take my pain meds to try to bring it back under control.
My PS is pretty laid back with his restrictions. He basically told me I can do whatever is comfortable for me, I just can't lift over 10 pounds for 7 weeks and I have to wear a sports bra for 3 months. My biggest problem right now is the itching. I"ve never had an itching problem before so I'm hoping that once I shower it'll go away. I do find myself getting wore out alot faster now....but i guess since I"m only 2 days out from surgery I can't really expect much yet. I so wish I could sleep on my back but I havn't ever been able to so I'm only catching little cat naps. I think I'll be so much better when I can actually sleep more than a couple hours at a time.
WIll post more later getting tired.

Day 11....I'm so sick of being in pain and...

Day 11....I'm so sick of being in pain and uncomfotable. Day 9 I was in so much discomfort that all I could do was sit in my chair and not do anything else. I finally had had it and actually sat without my bra on for a while. My pain is mostly around the bra band area and the nipples. I have 1 bra that is comfortable to wear. It's not a true sports bra but it doesn't have wires or clips, so as far as Im concerned it's a sports bra. LOL When I wear a true sports bra it compresses my nipples and make them VERY sore....has any one else had this problem and what did you do about it? I'm usually not a negative person but this is really bringing me down. I'm just taking one day at a time and learning the hard way not to do too much at once because I pay for it the next day. I am able to lift my arms no problem, the only thing I cant do is reach up high and outward from my body...it pulls too much on the incision. I should count my blessings in the fact that I have not had any complications and I am healing really well. No infection or anything like that. I can't wait for the tape to fall off so I can see what these boobies really look like. :-) Will post more as the days go on.
Dr Barnard

I felt the same way. It was around day 11 or 12 my bra arrived from makemeheal.com. it was a lifesaver. I ordered two and they are still my favorite bras to wear. Take things slow ask for help and take pain med if neded. I am 4 wks post op and finally feel about 85% back to myself. Hang in there. The best is yet to come...
Yeah u will be uncomfy for a while. Keep trying different bras until u get one u like. My nipples and under arms were worse for me. I didn't start feeling better until week 3 was a out over. Hope u feel better soon and happy healing!!!
YES that was all me...I sat several days with a very loose soft sprots bra on cause of the pain. I finally smartened up and wore soft tanks under my bras so they wouldnt dig into my incesions...then I got even smarter and wore my soft bras under the tighter bra...I also suggest changing the bras twice a day! I just will was them and my PJs cause the roll and get uncomfortable...also i iced a lot I am on day 25 and its my first day not icing....I did peas in zip lock bags on the nipples and frozen water bottles for the sides I had two sets ...even if u feel better relax that was my biggest mistake I feel that really put me behind...it gets better everyday I had a very hard recovery...and still recovering but it does get better read my blog you sound like me! rest and Ice also elevation under legs and in bed lots of pillows on ur sides... feel better
Welcome to the recovery side!! Keep us posted as u recover. Take it easy and don't overdo it. Happy healing!
I agree, waiting is hard to do. I'm not scheduled until after Thanksgiving. I can't wait for my surgery. I go in on Friday 11/9 for my pre-op appt.