Invisalign Review, my Pros and Cons (W/video) - Bristol, CT

Watch my video where I give pros and cons to...

Watch my video where I give pros and cons to Invisalign. Also I answer questions you may have about Invisalign.

These are all my personal experiences with Invisalign and just my opinion. If you would like to contact me for other information please feel free.

My video:

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

I recommended my doctor because she was very knowledgeable on Invisalign and was also very friendly and kept me updated on what was constantly happening with my treatment.

thanks for the info
Be advised, the Invisalign people won't tell you about the SHARP EDGES that, for some people, scar their tongue. A lot depends on the skill of the person making the actual invisalign molds too. Just note if your tongue is big, or if you don't like sharp knife-like edges in your mouth, you may not be happy with Invisalign. I'm on my tenth tray and it still makes me bleed.
you should def tell your ortho, they can shave the sides for you where they are sharp.
Do you know if it is difficult to switch to invisiline once the metal braces treatment has already begun?
I have no idea, but i did hear from one writer that he wanted to possibly switch from Invisalign to traditional metal braces and he had to pay for the full treatment for the invisalign (even though he may not continue) and also pay for the metal braces, id keep that in mind. You can always check with your ortho. good luck
oh... ok. i'm staring my treatment soon so i'll hope for good. thanks for your help!
hi your video is very helpfull and your teeth looks so great! i wanted to ask you, after how long have you seen changes?
Thanks so much : ) I dont really remember how long it was but i do remember the changes are very gradual so it took a little while before it was noticeable, but it gets there.
I was wondering about liquids and if you had to take the trays out for a colored or carbonated drink. If the drink is clear can you leave in the aligner even if the drink might be carbonated? Also, did your Dr. mention if the treatment cost changed with the number of trays. My Dr. told me regardless of trays that the treatment would be the same cost. If I have the trays on for two years it costs as much as if I only had them for a year. (I am veneering after invisalign and just need structural changes) Wouldn't a cost reduction be expected with a reduction in the number of trays?
Well i am a water drinker 99% of the time so i always kept my aligners in but when i drank something other than water i still always kept them on, just be careful of sugar getting stuck on your teeth under the aligners to prevent cavities/decay. As far as cost with the amount of aligners im not sure. I would think that the shorter amount of time you wear them it would be less expensive? That would only make sense, because if they didn't change the price then how do they justify charging some people $3,500 and some people $7,000 the amount of aligners correlates with the severity of the problem with your teeth. So if you only need it for a year then the price should be cheaper than someone who needs it for 2 years. Hope this helped.
Did they say how long you would have to wear the retainer for? If they move within one day it sounds like the retainer may need to be indefinitely?
I was told id always have to wear the night aligner.
The reason I asked the above is because ive called more than one orthodontist who refuses to use Invisalign. The reason they give time and time again is that the *way* in which Invisalign moves teeth is not permenant. Its more like tugging and pulling rather than actually moving and adjusting. When you stop the tugging and pulling, they just go back to how they were. These reports I keep hearing from people that their teeth move back almost instantly just adds more evidence to what the Orthos keep telling me. Im going to need to do more research on this before I opt for Invisalign. Ideally Id like to find someone who used it and is a year or two down the road after. Did their teeth stay straight?
Well yeah my teeth move a little (i can tell but nobody would be able to tell) if i go the whole day without the aligner on. But by the next morning they are moved back to their spot but i know someone who had regular braces and her teeth have moved a little to.
Yeah I was going to ask the same thing. If you're noticing your teeth changing back literally almost overnight, that sounds scary to me. I had regular braces as a kid for 18 months, and have never heard of teeth just reverting back, even in a week, or a month. Maybe after a year or two. In fact I never wore a retainer and it took several years for them to just barely judge out of place. Now I need invisalign.. But I keep hearing about people with Invisalign saying AFTEr treatment, if they didnt keep wearing the retainer, it would immediately "go back". I wonder if Invisalign really isn't that permenant after all?
Well i notice a slight movement but nothing considerable, even with regualr braces you are supposed to wear a retainer for a while to prevent your teeth from moving. No matter what method you use to correct or move your teeth you need some sort of temporary after treatment device that will hold them in place because your gums are like elastic and your teeth will always start to move back to their original position, now im not saying over night im gonna wake up and my teeth will look the way they did before i started treatment, but eventually your teeth will move a little if the correct protocol is not followed.
When do you stop wearing the retainer?
In the beginning i was told id always have to wear the night retainer, but when i was done my ortho told me eventually i could do it every other night and then kinda wear it less and less. I wear mine every night and will continue to do so cuz i have a grinding problem and the aligners protect me teeth from the grinding cuz they cause my teeth to glide right over each other, plus i dont want my teeth to move at all after what i paid to get where i am now : )
Last question :) Did you have attachments? I just found out I am going to have attachments on my front two teeth top and bottom (and not to be overdramatic) but considered quitting Invisalign. I am pretty much horrified when looking at the attachments when I search them on Google. I went in and talked to my ortho and he basically said I would NEED them to rotate my front two uppers, so I see the neccessity, but am still super depressed about it. Any advice?
I had a total of 9 attachments on the top and bottom but fortunately all mine were on the side teeth. But im not gonna lie id be pretty upset if i had needed them on the front teeth. My friend just got invisalign about a month ago and she has the buttons on her front 6 teeth and she was unhappy at first but now is used to them so im guessing you'd get used to them to, yeah you can see the buttons and stuff but its still much better looking than metal braces in my opinion.
One more question for you :) Some people say that they wear their aligners 22 hours a day religiously, others say between 20 and 22 hours is fine, and still a few say they were pretty sketchy about how they wore theirs (Teeth still moved). I am worried because I wear my aligners all night every night, but probably have my aligners out 3 hours on average on any given day and 4 every once in a while days.. How long did you keep yours in daily? Thanks for the info!
I would say i kept my aligners in most of the day, somewhere around 22 hours, some days more some days less but most of the time they were always in. But even now being done with treatment after i have not worn them at all during the day, by the time i put my night ones in i can see my teeth have moved a little but by the next morning they are back to normal.

Hey greekgod522! Thank you for your video. I have two questions. 1.) I have crowded lower teeth, my two front teeth tilt inward a bit (like a rabbit :)), and I have a 75% overbite. My orthodontist says that Invisalign gives you a 80%-92% correction of the teeth vs. the 100% of that Damon 3 system. Is that true? Because I want the best results, without the 'metal-mouth'. 2.) Am I a good candidate for Invisalign, or will I have problems like some other realself.com users have had with Invisalign? Thanks for your help!

Well I only know information on invisalign that applied to me, but what i can tell you is this.. -The invisalign SHOULD help with your 2 front teeth, as well as crowding but they will have to shave your teeth a little, so the teeth can move (dont worry they dont remove so much tooth enamel where it looks obvious) The invisalign should help with the overbite, it helped with mine. Although im not how severe mine was compared to yours. -As far as i know you'll get pretty good results with the invisalign, but im not exactly sure what the Damon 3 system is? -As long as your teeth are not beyond repair you should be a candidate for invisalign, but schedule a consultation most doctors offer a free one : ) Please understand im not a DMD so the answers im giving are just my opinion and comparing them to my personal exp. Hope this helped you.
Awesome video! I just got my first set of aligners, and I am always annoyed by the feeling of something in my mouth... basically, I am constantly aware of them. Does this go away over time? Thanks so much for your help!