Just Got Invisalign-6/22

I just got my invisalign yesterday. I have mild...

I just got my invisalign yesterday. I have mild spacing issues on my upper teeth and mild crowding on my lower teeth. I felt like I had a little kid smile. The cost difference between invisalign and traditional braces was $500 so I went for invisalign. I am glad someone on here mentioned the buttons because I did not know about those and was able to ask at my consultation so that I would be prepared. I only got the aligner on the bottom with two buttons yesterday because I have one more tray on the bottom teeth than the top teeth. I will have a total of 9 trays on bottom and 8 trays on top. I was presently surprised that it won't take that long as I was told traditional braces would take 9 months so I cut the time in half. So far I have had some pressure and slight pain the first 24 hours. Now it is much better. I do have some difficulty removing the aligner with the buttons. I am not sure how to clean them as the booklet says toothbrush and water and my dental hygentist said not to use a brush it will scratch. Have read conflicting advice online. No one even noticed at my work or any of my patients. So far I am pleased. We will see how it goes. I know I am getting more buttons with top aligner so I am worried about removal. I have read about a couple of tools online anyone used them?

I absolutely love my dentist. He is great. I go to lake Nona dental group. My husband who hates the dentist likes him too. They are always on time very friendly. For the orthodontic you get a discount if pay in full or can make payments with no interest!! They are great and I would highly recommend them.

Thank you for sharing this! :)

Ok I haven't been on to review because I am not super happy with how my teeth look. I am on my last tray. My bottom teeth are straight for the most part but not completely and they lean to the left. The gap I wanted fixed in my top teeth has not changed. I have a bigger gap in my front teeth. I don't know what will happen when I go for my final appointment on Wednesday. I haven't been in over 6 weeks but the dentist said that was fine. I know it is not his fault that my gap isn't different since he just takes the impressions. I am a little disappointed in Invisalign quality control as one of my trays the dentist tried to snap in wasn't mine. It had third molars and I don't have those. So they just snapped the next tray in and it fit. Don't really know how that can happen??? Have liked the fact that I can snap them in and out for when eating. Have had a little pain the first 24 hours after inserting new tray. I have 6 attachments on top so very tough to insert for first time and have to use chewies to get it on. Soooo not so happy about everything and will see what happens on wednesday.

I went to the Dentist Wednesday which was to be...

I went to the Dentist Wednesday which was to be the appointment to check my progress since I was on the last tray. The dentist pointed out what I felt wasn't quite the way I wanted it before I did. I was relieved to know I wasn't just being picky. He took new impressions and said that with Invisalign most cases need at least one revision. I do remember him mentioning this at the initial consult, I think I had just put it out of my mind thinking I wouldn't need it. So I will have a few more trays, which I am okay with. He was apologetic because we had hoped to be finished with trays before my vacation and now we won't be. The new trays should be in in 4 to 6 weeks and then we will go again.

jmmarkie, Thanks for the update! So glad to hear you will be getting the refinement trays & working towards getting your teeth to where you want them. That is awesome your dentist was in agreement with you on that.

Sorry to hear you will have to wear them on vacation, hopefully you are so use to them by now they won't hold you back from much.

Thank you for sharing!

My dentist is great and the office staff is wonderful at payment options and getting appointments. I felt the hygentist could have explained care and etc a little better but I love my dentist.