Laser Skin Resurfacing to Remove Freckles - my Face Looks Worse Than It Did Before the Surgery

I had laser skin resurfacing and my face looks...

I had laser skin resurfacing and my face looks worse than it did before the surgery. I had always wanted to remove freckles. Instead, I got hypopigmentation and clear scarring from the laser.

What can I do to fix hyperpigmentation/scarring from Laser Skin Resurfacing?

skin lightening cream, IPL photofacial laser and Matrix RF sublative rejuvenation if you can find a provider in your area with they're newest high density e2 tips.
please do memory and tell us what type of laser you use!,, and if your skin is improving with another creme!
If you don't mind me asking, what type of laser was used and how many treatments did you have? Your information helps all of us!
I'm not sure what type of laser it was but I only had one treatment done. I was too afraid to do any more based on the results. My skin was purple for a week.
I had the same experience and my skin looks similar to yours
Staying out of the sun helps. I haven't had a chemical peel yet. They wanted to charge me $5,000! I have had some luck with whitening creams, but it only lasts until I go out in the sun again.
Yes! I would recommend a chemical peel first. The treatment was great a first but then rapidly made me look older as fresh skin is more exposed.
Where did you get this done. Was it Chernoff and Associates. I was thinking about getting it done and that is where I am going. Please let me know.
Use topical agents to treat this only! Do not do IPL or whatever else they try to sell you. They all damage the skin......in time! They cause fat and collagen loss eventually! We are guinea pigs to these devices no mater what they tell you!
Hello, and sorry you had a bad experience. Hypopigmentation is a permanent loss of color, but surrounding color can be blended much better than it is. I recommend 1. Avoid sun exposure/tanning beds and always use a sunblock with SPF 30 2. A bleaching cream with Tretinoin (Vitamin A) and Hydroquinone can help even out skin color 3. Chemical peels such as TCA- administered by a physician- can help blend and even out the color. 4. Cosmetic tattooing is an option but will not likely be necessary. Good luck!
This is a difficult problem but you may be improved with proper treatment. I would use some skin care to help bleach the darker sections as well as an excimer laser to treat the hypopigmentation. You may also need some broad band light (IPL) treatment on the darker sections. Needless to say, you need to see an experienced laser doc for this.
Thank you so much for your comments back Dr. Pozner. I sincerely appreciate the advice. I wish you were closer and I would come to see you. I find many doctors who are willing to take money but how do I find out for sure who specializes in the IPL treatment?