Day 5 Post op...woweeeeee! So happy.

I have always been fit but flabby in the belly and...

I have always been fit but flabby in the belly and after three pregnancies with 9+ pound babies and three c sections my flab is now floppy. I call it "the Drip." I am 39, 5'6" 185 and exercise 3-4 times a week. My calorie intake could be tapered but for the most part, I have landed at this weight for several years after each pregnancy.

I very curious to know how the TT , muscle repair and lipo will compare to c section recovery which really wasn't bad. The worst part for me was the anesthesia recovery with nausea and itching.

I've have three kiddos, 7, 5, 2 and my husband is a teacher so we have decided the best time to have the TT done is during the summer when he can help with the kids full time. My parents are amazing and would help too but I'm too hesitant to tell them about elective surgery. They couldn't ever possibly comprehend why anyone would do something like this to their body. I need their physical support but emotionally I don't think they would be helpful and may possibly ask me in the midst of recovery why I would ever have done this to myself.

I'm nervous about the surgery and being under for 5.5 hours. That's a LONG time. It all seems too far away at this point but just trying to get my ducks in a row as to what is realistic with pain, helping with the kids, etc.

My PS is doing a drainless tummy tuck and as I...

My PS is doing a drainless tummy tuck and as I understand it, this takes extra time due to the stitching that is different than a traditional TT with drains. They said the TT is 3.5 hours and the lipo about 1.5-2 hours. I suppose once you're under, 3 hrs vs 5 doesn't make a huge difference.

I had several consultations set up with plastic...

I had several consultations set up with plastic surgeons in Indianapolis but after meeting my PS and finding out he is the only one in the State to do the drainless tummy tuck, I scheduled the surgery with him without seeing any other plastic surgeons. I felt GREAT about that but am having thoughts about whether or not I should consult with others. I am having my surgery done an hour away and I have three young kids at home and little time to travel back to the metro area for any other consults and I felt so great about his office, the procedure, the time he took with me, etc that it seemed like the best decision. I would welcome your thoughts on whether or not I should have any other consults.

Preparing for my past c sections mentally was...

Preparing for my past c sections mentally was easier than trying to prepare and anticipate for elective surgery. You get so much support and sympathy after birth but I think that there is little support after cosmetic surgery, or so I anticipate. I am keeping my surgery private from most and having it done during the summer when I don't see as many friends. I have read that depressions after surgery is common and I have a tendency toward that any way ( my PS is aware of this.) I'm curious if those out there have experienced the recovery alone and how that went? Ebb and flow?

Less than a month until surgery. Feeling very...

Less than a month until surgery. Feeling very anxious about the recovery, results, did I do enough to prepare my body, should I lose more weight, is it all going to be worth it, etc. Since I'm having it done at the beginning of summer it will be interesting trying to participate in outdoor summer activities with the family post surgery. I will also be itching to get back to working out once I have the surgery.

How is it possible that the surgery is only three...

How is it possible that the surgery is only three weeks away? Crazy! I go for my pre-op appointment on Monday and I am hoping to get a lot of questions answered at that meeting. I have everything notated on my phone to ask but would love to hear additional questions to ask from those that have already gone through this.

Had my preop appointment on Monday and they were...

Had my preop appointment on Monday and they were so detailed that all my questions were answered. 26 page document for me to take home. One that struck me as very different from most stories on here is that they don't recommend you wear compression garments. I'm having a drainless procedure and this must be the difference.

My dr is also having me I inject blood thinners into my thigh for 7 days after the TT to prevent clots. Did anyone else do this?

One other thing is that he will make the incision anywhere I want it. Yikes. That's a big decision. Should I go as low as possible? My c section scar is about 4 inches above the girl parts and he said he recommends 3 inches. I could use some advise in this area. I like to wear things low rise so I'm thinking the lower the better

Also as luck may have it, I was shopping at Aldi today and thy randomly had raised toilet seats with handles clearances to $15. Woo hoo!!!

My supply list for post TT surgery. Items that WILL make your life easier.

I have added some great things to my supplies list that I haven't seen on here that were used after my c-sections and I thought they would be perfect for after my TT.

-Memory Foam bed wedge
-Raised toilet seat
-Face wipes
-Baby wipes
-Chux Pads for bed
-Tefla pads (these are non stick pads that are 8"X3" and absorb fluids. They were AMAZING after the c-section. SO soft and absorbent. I had never heard of them prior to the last c-section. I ordered them on Amazon)
-Pereneal instant cold packs (they hospital sent home about 30 of these after each birth and they were amazing for general use but I really liked them because they also have an absorbent component to the outside of them as opposed to a regular ice pack. I ordered them on Amazon.)
-Moist heat heating pad
-Acetaminophen
-Camelback water container. I bought this for after my c-section and I loved the long hose with straw component so that when I was lying down I could still drink without spilling.
-Maidenform compression tank tops. These are a Stage 2 type garment because I will be having a drainless tummy tuck and don't need a Stage 1.
-Dry Shampoo (I get pretty oily hair so I can use this daily. I purchased the Dove brand and really love it.)
-Stool Softener
-Fiber pills
-Milk of Magnesia
-High fiber crackers and cereal
-Frozen fruit
-Pill container for am/pm and dry erase marker to notate times on mirror
-pack of cheap mens white tank tops to wear during recovery
-pack of gigantic cotton granny panties for post surgery.
-sanitary pads

I will add other things before I go but this is what I already have stocked. What am I missing????

New before pics

5 days post op...wow, wow, wow!!!!

Ladies if you're still on the fence as I was prior to the surgery, it's time to jump over to the flat side. I'm 5 days post op and terribly swollen but I am SO happy with my flat tummy and cute little belly button. There is no comparing the post op pain to my c sections...the TT isn't even in the same league as it was so painful the first few days. I don't want to hide that fact but you have to consider the fact that you can make it through hour by hour in those dirt few days. Days 4 and 5 have been very manageable with the pain the most intense when you change positions. I getting great sleep at night and my destination of choice is the corner of our sectional since its really easy to feel all tucked in by cushions and pillows. I also bought a bed wedge from Amazon and that has been a life saver. I paid around $50 and it's by far the best investment in recovery because it helps with changing positions.
My TT was drainless and in that regard has made PO healing easier to not have to hassle with the drains. Believe it or not but the incision is the least painful. Ranking in order if most painful to least: 1. Muscle repair hurts like a mother father. You can't cough without feeling like your internal organs will come out through your nostrils. 2. The Lipo insertion points are OUCH. That was unexpected. They are tender and on my back so I have to ice them a lot. 3. Least painful is the incision. It has tugging and pulling but that pain is totally manageable.

All in all I would definitely do this again if you can handle a few days of extreme pain and have lots of help. My swelling is at it's worst and I am in live with the results. Can't wait to put on real clothes but don't underestimate the awesomeness of the maxi dress. I live in mine. No undies necessary!

11 days PO. So thrilled I could cry!!!

Feeling pretty back to normal except for energy levels in the afternoons. I have run into many acquaintances in the last week that make a comment and know something is different but can't figure it out. I love having this secret. Everyone knows that I'm really active and committed to a healthy lifestyle so when someone has blatantly asked if I've lost weight I jut say that I've been making gradual changes. It has been the highlight of PO to see womens reactions that have no idea I had surgery. I even went to the public pool with my kiddos yesterday and was actually getting stares from people. Yay!!!! This was 10 days PO with massive swelling. So so happy. My hubby says that he doesn't know how to say it for fear of hurting my feelings that I may think he didn't think I looked good before but his eyes jut stare and me with such a new lust. I love it!!!! I'm 20 again in my abs!!!

11 days PO

4 weeks post op. back to normal

dr. william sando

I chose Dr. Sando in Carmel because I really liked the professionalism of his staff and also the time he took with me in the exam room. It was a beautiful facility even down to the fact that you exit out of a different door than you enter for those that have an in-office procedure done and want to remain anonymous. I also like that he is drainless. I had such a great gut feeling after the meeting that I cancelled my other appointments and he was the only surgeon that I saw.