Doing my Research...I Want to Be Happy with Myself - Indianapolis, IN

I'm 43 and I have 5 children, 25,21,18,12,9. I'm...

I'm 43 and I have 5 children, 25,21,18,12,9. I'm not happy with my body and I'm soo ready to change it. I have the ugly hanging belly and my boobs are not perky..not horrible but just not perky. lol I'm just starting to research my options and the doctors in my area. I plan to have surgery in Feb or March next yr. I want to lose 40 lbs before doing so and I need to save money. I have never had any type of surgery and that does make me nervous but I'm very excited for the end results. My fiance' was not a fan of surgery and was pretty set against me doing anything other than eating healthy and exercising to make the changes that I wanted. I finally showed him before and after pictures of mommy makeovers...NOW HE GETS IT!!! YAY! :) Thank you all for sharing your stories, I'm learning alot from your experiences.

Forgot to mention that I did breast feed 4 of the...

Forgot to mention that I did breast feed 4 of the 5 children. I'm working on losing weight. Right now I weigh 208....I lost 17 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I want to be in the 160's before surgery. I feel even more motivated to lose the weight now knowing that I will get better results. I will post pics soon without clothes....... dreadful. LOL

I haven't been for any consults yet...I'm...

I haven't been for any consults yet...I'm interested in meeting with Dr. Aker.... Life has been kind of crazy lately but I'm still planning to do the mm. I've been reading stories on here...I want it soo badly!

Hi, Welcome and Congrats on your weight loss! 17 lbs in 3 weeks is amazing. You should be proud of yourself. And Yes, knowing what the end result will be after the TT is a huge motivator to lose weight. lol

I look forward to following your journey. Good Luck in finding a good PS you feel comfortable with. :)
I have to say you are doing good in researshing doctors, once you have the ones you want to consult with go on the internet and search for reviews under their name. Make sure he is a plastic surgeron...

Good luck and looking foward on seen some wonderful after pictures from you
Thank you! He is definitely one that I will be checking into.
I would look into Dr. Aker in Indy. He's amazing and I feel even more so after I have actually done the procedure with him. He does a lot of extra things that are for your safety, like overnight hospital stay, Lovenox to prevent deep vein thrombosis, massaging leg pump before, during and after surgery, etc. I only had a TT, but see great results for those that do the full makeover as well. Just put his name into search and one of the reviews is just a TT and the other is a full makeover. He's worth meeting at least. :)
My chest is 38d and I have a butt.. I think that helps with my weight being somewhat proportioned and me not looking my actual weight. Yesterday I was out shopping with my guy and walked past a full length mirror and my eyes went straight to my belly... Ughhhh.
Well thanks Mallory.... I'm only 5'4
Congrats on all your weight loss! How tall are you, because you really don't look 208! You definitely look smaller!

I'm so glad the photos helped and congratulations on losing that first 17 pounds. You might want to check out the weight loss community on RealSelf. Please keep keeping us posted as you get closer to your goal weight and newly sculptured body.

Thanks Angie! :)
You can do this! I agree that losing weight first is the way to go so you can "fix" all the right parts. I've lost 50 lbs and gone down 4-5 sizes and am ready for my makeover! Still interviewing a couple docs before I book. I see a lot of women using surgery as a weightless tool and I think that's backwards thinking that could end up being a problem. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Thank you for the encouragement! Congrats on your weight loss!!!! :) I think that losing 40 lbs will put me where I want to be. Im happy being curvacious and I dont want to lose that, so I think that the weight loss plus the surgery will be an amazing combo!! Im very excited to start going for consultations and checking out my options. I swear I dream about this...ha ha .I CAN'T WAIT!
No I haven't but I have made contact with a couple Dr's. I wish I could do this NOW! Lol I'm excited! Last night my fiance' and I actually looked at before and afters together... I want him to be involved also. Win win situation! Ha ha

I hear ya!! I found my dr @ 3 months ago. I was ready to go right after I found him! My hubby was on board from the beginning but wasn't as excited as me until I showed him pics of the work my PS did and othe PS's have done! When I showed him what my PS has done he got way more into it! Lol

How exciting! Have you gone to any consults? My hubby was kinda for but then totally for it after I showed him pics:-)

Good luck with your research! I can't wait to follow your experience. :)