Absolutelly Excellent. Been Wanting a Chin Reduction For Years - Indianapolis, IN

I had been wanting to get a chin reduction for...

I had been wanting to get a chin reduction for years and of course when you are thinking about messing with your face there is a lot of apprehension and fear but I decided life is too short not to change something about yourself that you dont like.

The reason I wanted to get something done is because I didn't like my chin, I have a good smile but when I smile my chin was just way too long. I was in denial for decades about me being "ok" with it but the truth was I hated it and wanted to look better.

I went to see a couple of local Doctors and they gave me the information I needed but I just didn't feel 100% confident and when researching on line and I kept finding Dr Eppley who seemed very knowledgeable but not local.

I decided that if I was going to do something this big it would be worth it to fly out and meeting someone that seemed to have a lot of answers.

I scheduled my procedure 10 days later and decided to get Lipo on my chest as well. Its been 7 days since my procedure and I'm still swollen and i'm getting used to looking different, it will take some time to see the final results but I can say that the work he did is fantastic and I'm very happy I did it.

The whole experience from beginning to the end was fantastic and exceeded my expectations and would not think twice about returning.

I will post before and after pics once the swelling goes down.

I forgot to say that I also had Chin implants on...

I forgot to say that I also had Chin implants on the side (Jowl implants) put in too.

6 1/2 Months.

About 18 mo

Its been 18 mo and I still see improvement, I gained some weight but you get the idea.

I'm VERY happy and still the only regret is not doing it 10-20yrs ago.
Indianapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fantastic Surgeon I am grateful that I found him. So I flew out for a consultation which seemed crazy to me at the time but I decided it was part of the adventure and after talking to Dr Eppley I knew that if I was going to do it it had to be with him. He is very knowledgeable and we talked about different options but beyond knowledge he had clarity and confidence, you can tell he really knows what he's talking about from experience not just from learning and I was 100% confident that with Dr Eppley no matter what everything would be ok..

Hi, love your results. I have booked my jaw surgery with Dr Barry Eppley too...so excited. He really does seem to know his stuff, how are you getting along now?
Hi Malinda, I posted some new pics for you. Remember that I did the reduction and also the jowl implants and I went wide. No regrets. I have never given reviews on anything much less post pictures but this was life changing for me because It always bugged me and to finally have it improved has made me very happy. Good luck, don't even think about it just do it if it is something that has bothered you and that will make you look and feel better. Listen to Dr Eppleys guidance and be patient with the results. : ) Post pics and let me know when you do, would love to see them.
The results are truly great! Happy for you. I've got genioplasty reduction with a lower jaw shave booked with Dr Eppley in October. I have a similar problem to you pre op. my chin is vertically long and it extends out when I smile ( so annoying). I went to see 3 maxiofacial specialists here in London and they all told me they would not touch the soft tissue just reduced the bone. I was like, "But then I will be left with the same problem.... The extending chin duh". ThenI met Dr Eppley through your post actually, and he told me about removing and tightening the tissue behind the chin crease and reattaching the mentalis muscle which also contributes to my almost famous extending chin. So in theory it does all sound great, the fact that he acknowledges my problem and has a good solution is a relief for me. But issues I have heard of with chin reductions going wrong are the muscle is shortened in the chin too much and the lower lip droops permenatly or the soft tissue is not tightened properly and the person has bunching up under the chin..,gross. I just hope I don't suffer with any of these things. I like you will be flying there. But I'm coming from London. My boyfriend will be travelling with me... Couldn't go alone whoever does is brave. How was your recovery, were you swollen like crazy? I'm taking meal replacement shakes with me because I'm not so keen on dropping a load of pounds so fast. I will post pics and put a review up soon after which will be early November. Thank you
hello :) after your chin reduction Did you ever have dimples on your chin or problems with your lower lip?
Hi haligria, Thanks for the update. I assume Dr. E made the cut in front of and below your lower teeth, but didn't that really traumatize your lower lip? Was it all streched out and if so, for how long? You still look great. What a blessing it was to have that surgery. Congrats.
Lower lip wasn't stretched out. The only regret I have I not having it done 20 years ago!
halegria, Thanks for the updated photo. I paid am still thinking about doing this, but I am concerned about the swelling and especially about dervie damage to the muscles holding the lip in place. I assume he pulled your lower lip down and cut in front of and below your lower teeth. Was your lower lip really stretched out after that? How long did that take to resolve the numbness and shape if that was the case? Thanks. You look great. Very, very nice smile.
Hi, thank you for the compliment. You will definitely be very swollen for first two days so just know that and accept that it's part of the procedure. Then it will improve a tiny amount every day. Surprisingly, just like Doc said, Other people won't even notice , i think its because it just looks like you gained weight- but you will definitely notice it yourself. The bottom lip numbness lasted about 4 days but there was never any pain which also surprised me and at no time did my lip have any nerve issue.

Hi, can you personally email me at ***********.com. I am in Canada and like to know it I should come out to there to do my procedure, the doctor did a great job...thx Jessie

Hi, I flew out of state to see Dr Eppley because I knew he was an expert and it was the right choice.
Dude that chin before looked like Jay Leno's haha But now I'm super jealous of your chin and jawline, you are a very lucky man!
halegria4, you look great! Excellent harmony to your masculine features in the "after" photos. Thanks for the pics.
can chin surgery can performed at aged 14?
Hi Halgria, Your results are amazing! You must be really happy. How long after the procedure did you feel like you could go back to work?
Thank you Katherine! Yes I am beyond happy. I could go back to work 24-48 hrs as long as you don't mind the swelling being noticeable. But I just told people I had a root canal.
Your doctor will like all those stars!
I think your new chin looks great! So I'm wondering why you only gave your PS one star in all categories?
Hi thank you! I don't know how that happened I Gave him 5 stars and highly recommend him, it does show that I have him 5 stars at the top but shows 1 star on the individual items so I will contact them to change it. Thanks
Very nice photos Halegria. You look, fantastic. Questions: How was your pain level and for how many days? Numbness? Did he make a cut under your chin or inside your mouth? Did he burr down your chin bone or did he cut out a section and shorten your chin frontally?
Thank you Becky, I went through the mouth. He cut bone section and shortened it vertically. Amazingly and hard to believe but the pain was like nothing, just a little discomfort. Alot of numbness but it went away little by little. The difference in swelling between day 1 and now was substantial so don't freak out and don't make any quick decision as to if it was too much or too little etc because every couple of days mine improved. The reduction was 5mm. Also felt very tight and couldn't smile without looking really weird but that went away at about week 4. What has been really funny to me is that NO ONE has noticed which Dr Eppley said was likely.
halegria, your result is really nice. How much was it shortened by, do you know?
Thanks , yes it was shortened 5mm and the side implants were 6mm.
Oh ok I saw it - 5mm. How could I have missed that...!
Is there a way for me to give you my email without posting it on here? I would like to find out more about the details of the surgery and such. I am planning on contacting the doc this week. Just trying to figure out the logistics and anticipate if I will feel up to working at home while recuperating. I am interested in finding out about the pain. also. Was yours intraoral or do you have a scar under your chin?.