23 Years Old, 5'4" 120lbs, 32G/H to C/D

Hi everyone! I'm 22, 5'4", and about 120 llbs....

Hi everyone! I'm 22, 5'4", and about 120 llbs. I've had some "final straw" moments this summer that have ended in tears and am now considering a BR more than ever. The number one thing keeping me from doing it is the possibility of nipple sensation loss. The second thing is I have seen a lot of BR surgeries where the breasts end up having "boxy" shapes. Could you guys give me any insight on your thoughts or experiences with either of these things? And yes..I realize my right breast is much larger than my left :(

Finally had a consultation

Had a consultation this past Friday..Dr. was very much of a straight shooter you could say. I was trying to tell her that I wanted to be a full C small D and she kind of flipped saying that insurance wouldn't cover it if I wasn't going to get that much taken off..blahty blah. That could be because the way she measured me, she told me I was a 34DD/34E (uhh..I'd love to have shown her what that size bra looked like on me..aka spilling out everywhere) She estimated 400-500 off from my left and 500-600 from my right to send to insurance. What I liked about her was I'm not going to have to do anything for insurance..I don't have to provide record from my primary care doc or anything like that, she submits everything and will let me know in 4-6 weeks if it is approved/declined. Now I'm just worried that she would want to make them too small because she kept saying that your boobs are dynamic and they will grow..I don't want to bank on that! Because what if they don't? I'm not planning on gaining a lot of weight anytime soon (who ever is?) soo now I'm just feeling torn if I should have her as my surgeon. I think I'm going to call on Monday and ask to see more pictures of people who had a reduction around my size as well as speak to a patient around my size that has had one. Thank you for all the support everyone! All you ladies are awesome. And for the creeps who keep privately messaging me saying don't do it..please go away. While I'm flattered (they do look good naked) they look ginormously not good in clothes..and I am in clothes the majority of my life..so please find a hobby.. other than trolling plastic surgery websites and creeping on women there :)

Dec 22-it's happening! Nervous about recovery..

Well..it's official! It's happening dec 22 and I couldn't be more excited. Insurance approved and I am good to go. My goal is to be a full C. I am still really nervous about recovery. My boyfriend and some other couples are thinking about going to the Pacers game on New Year's Eve and I just don't know what to tell him because I would be on day 9 of recovery. I obviously wouldn't party hardy or drink with the meds I'll be on..but was just wondering where you guys were at for recovery after 9 days? I know they don't want you to drive for 2-3 wks..and I really don't wanna go if I'm going to be miserable the whole time and can't move my arms haha I told him that he can get the tickets (they're nosebleeds so not expensive) and then just wait and see how I feel..I have a feeling it's a long shot :( Oh well..I can miss New Year's Eve if it means new, awesome boobs for life, right? haha :)
love you all!

2 weeks!

Ahh! can't believe it's only 2 weeks away. So excited..but still very nervous about recovery. Here are some pics I'm bringing of around where I want to be..what do you guys think?

5 days left!

eek! so excited. Here are some of the pics I could find of me that show my boobs a little bit. I couldn't find very many pics because I'm self-conscious about them and usually wear tshirts/sweatshirts. Not to mention I can't find clothes that can't fit that I like. THank you all for the support! And for those of you that aren't supportive..don't private message me. It's happening and it's going to take a little more than comments from randos to change my mind about something I've been thinking about doing for 5+ years.

I'm 2 weeks out..and engaged!

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in awhile..been busy with this new engagement and all ;) I'm going to post pretty long because I know when I was trying to decide to have the surgery or not I wanted to know everything about it. But I'll tell you guys what I can remember about my surgery:

The night before my surgery I had what could be considered a breakdown haha I just had a lot of anxiety about the surgery and my boobs not looking good and it all came out in the form of tears the night before. Luckily my mom is very good with me when I have these moments and she helped talked me through my concerns. I woke up the next morning feeling at ease and relaxed because I think I had gotten all my worries out the night before. Also, I am a Christian girl and I think praying for peace really helped. Turned out my dad knew the anesthesiologist from high school and for some reason that made me feel like he had more of an interest in me and would take better care of me. Next thing I knew, surgery was over and I woke up to staring at my boyfriend and parents. I was pretty doped up and apparently fairly entertaining haha. I just remember being very sleepy. Oh! I forgot to say, I told the nurse beforehand that I get nauseated super easily and asked for a patch (just like the ones you wear to prevent seasickness)..I highly recommend that to everyone. I stayed overnight and actually had a nurse where I was his only patient which was nice. I would tell him when my pain got too bad and I wanted more drugs and he was very good about trying to keep my pain to a minimum. He also always gave me an anti-nausea with every pain med I got, so I didn't feel nauseous at all which made me happy because I was super nervous about that. I was hungry and ate some mac and cheese and applesauce. The only part that sucked about staying overnight was I had to pee all the time because of the fluids they were giving me and that was annoying. Went home the next morning and with valium and hydrocodone..because of that I don't remember the next almost 3 days. These drugs helped relieve my pain but basically made me sleep ALL the time. However, overall, the pain wasn't bad at all. Just felt like someone punched me super hard in the boobs. The greatest pain was on the sides of my boobs-at times felt like they were on fire and the skin was ripping. I had my first day out of the house on day 6 which I needed for my sanity. I went shopping for another bra to wear because the surgery one was super see through and I needed one with my padding so my nips wouldn't show when I started to interact with people in the real world haha We went to Kohl's..I had to stop and sit down every 10 mins or so due to shortness of breath. I saw a black and gold dress in the juniors section. My mom asked if I wanted to try it on and I did and it fit..and I started crying. I started crying because I just have never been able to pull a juniors medium dress off the rack and have it fit. I felt wonderful about the way my body looked in clothes for the first time in a very long time.

I did not end up going to the pacers game on New Years Eve because my grandma ended up getting married to her boyfriend of 18 years that night (which is why I needed a dress).

I have been having "zingers", still don't know if I have any sensation or not. At first look, I thought they might be too small but am getting happier with them everyday. I will post pics later-feel like I've been typing forever!

How long after your BR did your size remain "stable"?

My surgeon told me I could expect to have scabbing and bruising gone by 6 weeks. I am on edge to buy new bras! I just don't want to invest in buying any if my boobs are going to keep changing dramatically in size..When did all of yours seem to finally be done swelling and kind of settle down to a size?