Trading Tubes for Boobs - Indianapolis, IN

I am 22 years old, 5'10", 160 lbs, and have a very...

I am 22 years old, 5'10", 160 lbs, and have a very muscular pear-shaped build. I seriously love my body for being strong and beautiful, but I have always wished I had normal boobs.
Mine stopped growing in 7th grade at not-even-an-A cup, which is super-unusual for both my solid build and for my family genetics (my family is D's for everyone!) I always wished I had slightly larger breasts, but it wasn't important enough to me to seek out surgery to fix it.

That was before I found out that my breasts were mildly tuberous. I always knew they were kinda funky and ugly, but I thought maybe everyone's were. One day, I was researching different boob shapes (something I did frequently to make myself feel better when I felt bizarrely small-chested) and I found out what tuberous breasts were. I fit all the criteria (not to an extreme degree, I am a mild case) and started freaking out. It was then that I found out I had a "deformity."
I struggled for a while to decide if plastic surgery fit my values and lifestyle. I had to decide if it would be good for my health and my finances. Most importantly, I had to decide if I would be happier with deformed boobs or implanted boobs.
Personally, I would rather have beautiful small breasts than implanted ones, but that is not the chest I have. Choosing between deformed small breasts and implanted ones, I chose implanted breasts.
My conservative family reluctantly supports me. My dad is actually more supportive than my large-breasted mother and little sister. He says that if I have a deformity, fixing it is as logical as getting braces. My sister is an idealist who thinks we should all just be happy with our bodies, deformed or not. And I think my mom just finds the whole business (implanted vs. deformed) as unpleasant.
I had my consultation with the plastic surgeon eight days ago, and today I scheduled my surgery for next Friday-- nine days from now! I'm so excited!
This whole process has moved way faster than I could have imagined: when I had the consultation I was thinking years ahead or at least months! I KNOW that I want to have the surgery and am totally at peace with that decision. If I know I want it done, why not sooner rather than later? But it still scares me out of my mind. I don't think this is going to fast, do you?
As a side note, I am going to the best plastic surgeon in my area as recommended by my gynecologist. He has served on FDA panels for investigating implants and is one of only a handful of surgeons featured on the Mentor implant website. I trust him to do amazing work!
So, yeah! I'm ten days out and scared. How brutal is recovery? I've never had kids or been really overweight so my skin is not stretched out AT ALL.
But I can't wait to feel normal. And have boobs! Oh my gosh! I've been trying to tell myself for years that boobs aren't that great to make myself feel better. Now that I plan on having some, I'm finally letting myself notice how freaking cool boobs are. They're so jiggly and squishy and round and all you have to do is show some cleavage and guys get obsessed!

Love your review title! I'm so excited for you! I think you'll really enjoy feeling confident and sexy. :)  It's hard for others to understand your feelings when they are not in your shoes. Bare with them, they'll come around once they see how happy you are. Will your family help you during your recovery? Stay on top of your pain meds and be sure to take a laxative to offset the constipating side effects of the meds! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf. Looking forward to your updates!

I hope things go well for you!
            what size implant have you decided on? i think its great that you decided to get breast implants although your mom and sister dont support you? the recovery process for me was easy! i had no breast pain i only had a severe sore throat from the breathing tube being stuck down my throat! im tall like you! im 5'9 and we tall girls can def. carry a bigger number off cc! i have pics if you would lime to see them!
My surgeon recommended no more than 300 cc just because my skin is tight. How large did you go? I was wondering if cc's had a big impact on how bad recovery is.
             i have 800cc high profile now! but when i first got my breast done i had 350cc!