Tummy Tuck Nightmare - Indiana, IN

I had a TT and breast lift because after having...

I had a TT and breast lift because after having two kids I hated my stomach and saggy boobs. I'm 36 years old, never been a smoker and have no history of any medical diseases. I weighed 155 before my surgery. I was really nervous as I have never had surgery before. Now I'm feeling depressed as I have had skin issues as my PS described it. I think my girdle they put in after surgery was too tight. I am 4 weeks PO and really wish I would've accepted the way I looked before. I see my PO once a week, she is very kind and tells me to stay positive but the outcome for me right now doesn't look to promising. I am uploading pictures and I hope someone can give me good news.

Hello worriedmommy, just wondering if you are doing better and if your wound healed to your satisfaction. Hope you are doing well.
Sorry to read about this- hope you received the care you needed by now. My prayers are with you worriedmommy.
My PS has been taking real good care of me. I still have wound but it is a lot smaller now and I just stopped wound vac. I'm doing wet to dry dressing now. Hopefully in two weeks wound will be completely closed
Glad to hear your PS is taking good care of you .. Bummer it happened - but sounds like your on the road to recovery :) This too shall pass and it will be bad memory faded away and you will have that flat tummy we all want .
Sorry you went through this. How are you now?
Sorry to hear about this. Im two weeks post op and also developed neurosis in same area as you. I have the black like you, but its thin layer and I dont think I will have any holes....... well im hoping! I have been getting hyperbaric oxygen treatments which help blood flow, tissue grow and so much more. Look into it, I really think this is going to save my skin! Good luck!
I'm sorry you are going through the same thing. Wow I hope the oxygen treatments work. My skin actually looked like it was getting better and then boom I ended up with two holes. I now have a wound vac and I'm hoping this will heal sooner than later! I really hope you don't have to go through this process. Praying for you:)
So everything was going good then BAM, my wound got infected! So now I also have a wound vac and am finally making progress. How are you doing?
My wound is finally measuring at .1cm deep and 7cm long. I just stopped the wound vac and I'm now doing wet to dry dressing. I had wound vac for 9 weeks. It sucked having it on but it really helped wound heal faster bc it was really a deep long wound! My PS thinks it will completely be closed in two weeks. I'm sorry yours got infected, how big is your wound measuring?
It is 6 centimeters by 6.75 and 1 centimeter deep. It has shrunk half it's size in three weeks of wound vac and oxygen treatments, so I'm happy. Just trying to be patient. I see my original PS today to find out when he will be able to close it .
Thinking of you, so sorry this happened. Sounds like your PS is taking great care of you, please keep us posted.
I will up load week 5 picture tomorrow but it is pretty gross. Had visit with PS and removed debris. I'm left with a huge hole on my left side of wound and a smaller hole to the right:((( I am packing the wound until I get wound vac which hopefully will be tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. Ughhh I can't wait for this to be over!!
He did? that dead skin probably needed to come off im sure he's seen this situation many times before and is a calm as a cucumber like my surgeon but have patience and faith in your surgeon and this will be a distant memory very soon! xo
Omg I hope you are feeling good. This will get better and you will look amazing...our bodies heal its incredible the way skin can heal. What does your surgeon say?
Getting a wound vac tomorrow. I think I'm going to vomit everytime I have to pack wound. I can't believe how big and deep the hole is!!
Oh man.. Did your surgeon said it will be perfect once you heal?and about how long? Hang in there girl!
Oh no I will have to have a revision. I'm pretty sure it's going to leave a pretty big scar. I'm hoping wound will be closed by December.
Im so sorry & praying that things will get better soon.
Thank you! I just hope the scarring isn't too bad!!
I'm sorry you've had to go thru this. The exact thing happened to be..wrong size cg. I'm about po 3 months and my wound is finally closing. In about 6+ months, my ps will fix the scar in office for free. You should get the same. Hang in there. Once your body recovers from the surgery, your wound healing will really take off with healing. Make sure to eat protein at every meal and take vit c. Both those things make a big difference.
I'm so sorry you had to go through this too!! I am drinking two protein shakes a day and I take vitamin C along with a couple other vitamins. I've also been drinking 64oz of water along with eating more protein. I'm trying to help my body heal so we shall see. Did your wound heal? If so how big of scar were you left with?
My wound is still healing. My wound was about 4.5" long by about 1.5" wide. Now it is about 1" long by about .5" wide. Should be closed in the next two or three weeks. My scar will be exactly where my wound was. Yuck!
I'm eating jello every day it's collagen and taking Vitamin e, c , a, iron ,acidophilus ,berolium and arnika . Prays and hugs
Thank you, I've been taking lots of vitamin C and protein shakes. I may have to start eating jello!! I also take zinc, and a couple other supplements. So hopefully this will help the healing process.
Yes try it but in sure you surgeon knows best.. I'm going to keep checking in you . When I had a wound opening I stopped showering the dryer the better and it closed