Looked Good for About 1 Year - Independence, OH

After 2 years my face began to sag and actually...

After 2 years my face began to sag and actually looks worse than it did before the procedure. I wish I never had it done. I would have rather paid a few more dollars and gotten a procedure that works. It seemed expensive, but they assured me that the results would be life changing. I am left with scars around my ears, bald spots in my hairline and now I have jowls and sags that are worse than they ever were before the procedure. It's as if they loosened my skin so that gravity could pull it down and make it sag even more.

A friend and then internet seach

went on the site to see what results people get. I was dismayed to (read between the lines) see this carrying on. Yet some people seemed to have started the situation. Not that anyone has asked me but here goes-I am a nurse -and there are certain truths to medicine. 1.) the staff can make all the difference. I have had patients beg me to sty with them because they didn't want the staff coming on! I can only criticize the nurses-shame on them for not being the nurse their patients needed. EVERYONE deserves a good nurse. 2.) Whether or not we want to admit it-adverse reactions can & do happen. I have seen patients die of Tylenol (isn't that supposed to be relatively safe) I had the most severe type of gastric by-pass. I knew going in this was a last ditch effort and I DID NOT WANT to gain in back. But that ismy responsibility not my surgeons. Other nurses who have gone to him have gained all plus their weight back. I have seen new mothers DIE within the first 24 hrs after the birth of their child because of an amniotic embolism. Do we even worry about childbirth? We send new moms home within 24hrs. And they have had a pretty radical health event (if you look at the pathophy of childirth.) As an ED nurse for over 10 yrs. and could go on ad nauseum - The main point is there are alot of expections along the experience continum. Somebody has to be at the ends of the bell curve. 3.) I can tell you another surgeon may be hard presses to take you on as a pt. What todo if he doesn't excede or even meet your expectation. I think alot of MD's might be hesitant. 4,) Folks please be nice-I had the gastric bypass lost 150 pounds, had lasik eye surgery to get rid of the glasses. And I am thinking LSL. But oddly enouugh I heard about a hospitqal here in Cleveland, OH that they will do your type of surgery IF you promise to donate your skin to one of the 2 burn units in our area.!! The surg would be low or no cost. Now that is something that appeals to me. 4.) May you all take care. Live well and remember nothing is worse than death. There are ALOT of people who are in worse shape than you. At least you are on the right side of the grass. I have worked the burn unit-now that is a scar and how do you comfort a 6 yr old with full thickness burns get thru dressing changes?

all good points! we all need to do homework and make smart choices! Thanks for the work you do to help other people!
if more people were offered lower cost or no cost surgeries where there skin is going to be used in the burn unit anyway more people would be" happy "on both ends.
Hi, looked good for about a year.I go to Independance for quite a few things Im trying to hold off from a L.S.L. until Im 60 yrs. of age. Would you mind sharing your age with us? Also do you have befor and after photos that can be shared at a different angle so we can actually see the real deal? Because if your trying to get your story out to us the bald spot picture was a good shot, the one of your face I think looks pretty good. Help us to see whats really going on.You should have been satified for 8,9 ,10 years. Thank you so much for sharing.
The following are comments made by "uasked for it ugotit" back on 10 Oct 2012. Which oddly are familiar to that of JacFlash! Just ignore him/her. We can not verify who or what he/she represents.
RunforestRun, thanks for re-posting all these old posts from "uasked for it ugotit" person. It is awful when someone has had a problem with a medical professional and does not know what to do or where to turn. It is twice as bad when someone comes online and makes posts that sounds like these. It really makes you question yourself all the more. We need to be supportive of one another and helpful when we can. We do not need to say hateful things to each other, it just is not necessary. AND THERE IS SOMETHING people can do. They can keep contacting the provider of the surgery, the credit card company and other members on realself. We might not know all the answers, but we can tell them what we did to get help and how we moved on. We just don't need to kick someone when they are already down. We need to extend a helping hand if we can, if we can't, we can just keep our fingers off the keyboard. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Hmmm....Oddly familiar to another person (JF) posting on this forum wouldn't you say!!!???!!! uasked for it ugotit 10 Oct 2012 Limo Lady is a perfect example of what happens when continuing to smoke makes it impossible to even have have the LSL doctors work on you. You say you have cut down dramatically but is sounds like you most likely are a chain smoker with irreversible damage and it is probably too late to matter. Your skin will retain that grayish, transparent smokers tone when even the blustery, cold winds make you stand out in the crowd as a heavy smoker. All others have color in their cheeks, ears and neck while you definately keep that gray tone to all parts of your skin. Even the world's best plastic surgeon cannot accomplish the 'uplift' of your jowls and neck, your heavy smoking makes that a physical impossibility. When you smoke you cause a pulling motion on your mouth, lips, jowls, cheeks, neck and especially the eye area and forehead. Even with a tan or heavy makeup the gray skin tone always shows through, including the purplish lips and eyes that can no longer sparkle due to oxygen deprivation. The cost of the cigarettes, combined with the accumulated effects of smoking will not allow for any type of repair to the already terrible results you have seen from the LSL. No type of 'uplift' will hold on your 2nd, 3rd and 4th attempts at rebuilding your face. Concentrate on paying off what you owe and it sounds as if even a desperate, money hungry LSL doctor is refusing to help you with your serious disfigurement, so that is saying a lot. They will do anything for money so by not agreeing to help you means your heavy smoking has placed you at the point of no return. Remember, others can see that you are a very heavy smoker and are desperately saving your money for nothing but a 'patch job', unfortunately the outlook is grim if even a Lifestayle Lift doctor refuses to let you have potentially devastating surgery. You did not mention whether you were on oxygen or not as this is going to prevent all future repair attempts. I know of a friend in her mid- 30's who was just told she needed a lung transplant while having 3 stiches removed from a kitchen accident, (the doctor noticed her curved fingernails and nasal breathing while trying to talk normally), while a 31 year old friend suffered a heart attack while pushing a shopping card (she has smoked since she was 12). Move on with things while you still can and please do not attempt any type of patch jobs. These doctors have enough worries without having to patch up a heavy smoker such as yourself. You did not confirm that you have emphysema but it sounds like you do, so most doctors (or dentists) most likely will not attempt a serious procedure such as plastic surgery.
uasked for it ugotit 10 Oct 2012 You are out of luck 'botched.' You will not see a dime, your credit will be ruined and they can even sue you for non-payment. You created a contract by having the LSL whether or not you signed any document. You owe the money, and the more you delay the more the interest will grow...you will end up paying thousands upon thousands in interest on top of the cost of the surgery. A class action lawsuit will definately bankrupt you, the cost of locating others to get involved will be next to impossible as people always talk big but will back off out of fear. You will need to retain lawyers, have large amounts of evidence and big money to even think of a class action lawsuit. You need to pay up as you already owe a huge amount of money to the finance company. The finance company is in the business of making huge profits off of people that make mistakes that ruin their lives. The more you delay the deeper of a hole you are digging for yourself. Get an extra job or two and work as much as possible for the next several years just to save yourself from financial ruin. You have already ruined your face and now you are destroying you finances. Just hope and pray that you don't contract a serious blood infection down the line on top of the many thousands of dollars that you owe. Pray that you will be able to pay off your huge debt as you can fool yourself but can not fool the finance company that will be following you around for years and years to come.
uasked for it ugotit 10 Oct 2012 You will not be able to file this in small claims court, it will not be allowed as a legitimate claim. You would have to file any action in a civil court and it would have to be filed as a medical malpractice case which would cost you thousands of dollars to initiate, When I first searched for information on the LSL all I saw were hundreds of negative comments and terrible results. When you are searching for something as serious as facial plastic surgery you must take many things into account, unfortunately it appears that most of you did not do the appropriate amount and type of research. It is not possible to do a mini-lift in an hour. You can pull a tooth in an hour but you have to be realistic about plastic surgery in an hour? Unfortunately many of you took the route of believing that it is possible to do a serious surgical procedure in one hour? Your are putting your lives and hard earned money into the hands of a group of unethical practicioners, you would spend more time shopping for a used car. Use your common sense. Always talk to a 3rd party about something like this. The allure of looking 10 to 15 years younger is so strong people tend to push all common sense aside and can seem to justify a serious procedure so easily. Sometimes it is hard to take responsobility for our own actions. Some of you need to take a 2nd look at the situation and blame the responsible party. Unfortunately in many cases it is ourselves. Do what you can to fix the problem, even it may take a few years. This time do the right thing and let these crooks be driven out of business. Do your homework and never, ever jump into a quick decision when it comes to plastic surgery.
Run Forest...you are ridiculous.
McKen, I do believe that RunforestRun is quoting previous posts from "uasked for it ugotit". Read her first post. And I do vaguely remember seeing this somewhere else. It must be under Limo Lady's bio. Read her first post at the very top. Of course we never know where the posts are going to wind up in relationship to one another. Hope you find mine right under yours. Best, Chrystal.  PS: Thanks!
Dear LittleB29, sorry for the mess on your page. This is about your review and us supporting you. I whole heartedly do and if you ever want to talk or just get something off your chest, I as well as many other members will be happy to chat. Just PM me using realself's message center and I will chat back. I wish you the best. I hope that you find a way to heal from your ordeal. I know how hard it is to struggle with the decision of what to do or where to turn for help. Best, Chrystal Eckes
You heard me! I wish we had met so we could compare experiences in person.
Just voicing my opinion.
That person has a bad attitude!
I have always called it as I see it. Always the rebel rouser but smart and I do not take you gals for anything but what you are. Complainers who should have explored your options better. First to sue and always have to post negativity because you are not just unhappy with your procedure but also with you selves.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

"Jac....." You are too funny. Clearly LSL has let you go from your little job because you were so poor at it:) Your posts ...and their immature tone, continue to show that despite your protests to the contrary, your incredible lack of education:) Thanks again for another smile! Cheers!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Plea for civility: JacFlash, (and others)you make some good points. However, calling Chrystal bitter and evil etc. has no place on this site. This is not a reality TV show. We are just trying to share information and experience.

Thank you, Katharine. You're spot on. RealSelf is a supportive community where people can share their experiences. There's no room for personal attacks (and they're against our Community Guidelines).

Thanks for standing up for the community,

--Sharon

Thanks to Sharon.....
I also had the lifestyle lift procedure done at the Independence, Ohio location about 18 months ago. I have never been happy with the results. The doctor offered to repeat the surgery but I can't imagine making the mistake a second time.
I had a similar experience...three weeks after the operaiton I looked fabulous..now..less than two years...the neck has started to sag,,,jowels have eappeared.....I loved the initial result but it obviously does not last very long.. how sad.