Totally Do This !!!! - Independence, OH

I am 61 years old as of Oct. 31, 2012, and had a...

I am 61 years old as of Oct. 31, 2012, and had a Lifestyle Lift on Oct. 6, 2012 in Independence, Ohio. I had a simple goal: to eliminate the loose skin on my neck after loosing 35 pounds and after undergoing a serious round of radiation therapy following breast cancer surgery (which really did a number on my neck and chest skin). (I'm 5' 3" and currently weigh around 105 lbs.).

I am just 3 weeks post surgery (26 Oct. 2012). I feel fine, look so fabulous (if I may say so !!!) and am so glad I did this. My "significant other" (my man, the love of my life, or, my "boyfriend"--a most wonderful Canadian gentleman) has been absolutely supportive and loves the way I look. In fact, I spent several days in Toronto, recovering, with my love, less than three weeks after my surgery.

The care from Lifeslyle Lift has been fabulous, and I absolutely am pleased with the results. I took the bandages off 72 hours after surgery and went to work on day six after the procedure. I still have a little bruising, tightness and slight numbness, but nothing unexpected.

I am a professor at a major, internationally-renowned research university and work with the public and students all the time and am not at all embarrassed with the way I currently look (I'm not wearing make-up to cover the slight bruising that still lingers). We whiten and straighten our teeth, curl (or straighten) and color our hair, etc., so why not enhance our skin, and facial and neck contour? This is the best thing I ever did for myself and I only wish I had done it sooner.

The recovery time was minimal and I felt totally well prepared for what to expect and how to cope. I am fortunate to have resilient facial skin and now my neck looks as though it matches my face. I don't necessarily look younger; that wasn't my goal. But, my face and neck now MATCH !!!

After the surgery, I had the assistance of a wonderful lady, recommended to me by the Lifestyle Lift folks, who took me to my procedure and back home. She made certain that I was OK to leave on my own after the procedure (I am stubbornly self reliant). I changed my facial and neck ice packs every 30 minutes until I removed the bandages 72 hours later. I went through the ice-pack routine religiously, even if it meant setting my alarm every 30 minutes ('round the clock) to do so. And, I was alone (by choice), absolutely alone during this initial recovery period. It can be done alone and I highly recommend it. I learned a lot about myself and it proved to be a most spiritual experience.

After 5 full days of wolfing down all the recommended meds, and eating lots of pineapple, I returned to work and taught my classes, less than a week later.

I can't express, strongly enough, how much this experience has meant to me. Do it, for yourself. You deserve it !!!

My favorite hair dresser had his procedure done at the same clinic.

How are you doing more than six months later? We'd love to see your favorite follow up photo! :)

Thank you for sharing your story, Ita. I especially appreciate your insight into choosing to do the recovery alone -- so many people do like to have help, but it's comforting to know that you can do it alone, as long as you have a positive outlook toward it.