I'm Soooo Glad I Did It !

I had my lifestyle lift in dallas on feb 19th 09...

I had my lifestyle lift in dallas on feb 19th 09.  YES, I went back to work on day 5.  But, I'm one tough cookie and if I had benefits at work I would have taken at least a couple of more days off. :)

I know some people have had bad resuts, for that, I am truly sorry!  But, I actually had a bad surgical procedure (smart lipo to the jaw line) over a year ago and it wrecked my profile.  I felt like I had to smile all the time or sit a certain way so people would not notice how bad my face had become.  My facial structure was melted away too much and therefore the small amount of sagging I went in to fix was made 4 times worse as the skin had no structure under it anymore and within 4 months really started to sag and got worse over time.  So, I know how bad results can make you feel.

I am simply thrilled with my LSL results.  But, I put in over 150 hours of research into the procedure and finding the right and recommended doctor.  You must research!

John A Standefer

He listened to what I wanted and we discussed how the previous bad results could be changed. He did not promise me the moon. In fact, he was very conservative. He (so far) is my hero!

Wow glad I found this blog, I was looking into this lifestyle lift for my wife, of 40 years. She is alittle self concious about her wrinkles and some sagging areas on her face. After reading these blogs on bad procedures, I would never subject her to this treatment. I love her just as much now with her wrinkles and facial aging as I did the day I met her, even more. When I look at her she is still beautiful to me, and I am the luckiest man on earth. Good luck to all of you that are planning the procedure, and have had it done. I admire your courage. But I would really think hard before subjecting yourself to this. It is nice to be beautiful, but you should remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and true beauty comes from within. Love yourself for who you are, thats true beauty.
Who was your Doctor in Dallas?
It has been a year for my LSL and I am sort of satisfied with the results. My puppet mouth has returned somewhat although the skin on my lower face is still more firm than it was initially. I had a double chin that was caused by the separated tendons in my neck.No matter how much weight I lost I always had a double chin and no jaw line. Now I do not have the double chin, as I had liposuction with the procedure, and had the tendons sutured(or so I was told). At any rate, my neck has loosened up somewhat. but no where near to what it had been pre-surgery. I looked like a swollen freak the day after surgery and could not leave the house. But today, no one can tell that I had anything done, which was one of my goals, and my profile is alot better looking than it was. I have also just finished paying for the procedure so I am pretty happy about that as well. I am honestly not sure that a traditional facelift would have had a better outcome. I do not know anyone who has had one, or seen before an after pictures of one. I would like to see those pictures before I decide if this procedure is a waste of money.
I'm looking for a recommendation for a surgeon in the Atlanta location. Can anyone suggest one for this procedure?
A "next day" picture of any facelift procedure is simply not representative of what a true postoperative result will look like. I am glad this patient had a quick recovery, but results and longevity of results are what are important. I would be pleased to see the results at 1 year and let the public judge. If the amount of dissection is minimal (as these postoperative day 1 pictures seem to indicate), the result simply won't hold up over time.
People reading this--I'm glad this woman is happy, but what's NOT GOOD about her facelift is that the incision runs IN FRONT of her ears and earlobes rather than INSIDE the earlobe, like my incision does. I had a facelift combined with laser resurfacing to both the eye area and chin area. Total cost was $12,000. I believe that about $6500 of that amount was for the facelift alone. It was worth it.
You had a facelift. Now, what can you expect as far as how long the effect of it will last? How old are you and how much damage did you have to your skin prior to the surgery? I had the Lifestyle lift and I do not have any complaints. I had it almost 9 months ago. I have no scars and the tightening along my jaw is still good. When did you have your facelift? has it been a while and how much pain were you in afterward? Thanks for any answers you will give me.
I'm trying to decide between LSL or regular facelift please let me know everything you can. Tell me more about incision inside the ear? I need lower chin & jowl and upper eye lids done. I have vacation in Nov/Dec. Thanks for your help.
Hi Sunnglo4, Provider information is located at the top of the review. You must be signed into your RealSelf account to view. Cheers, --Sharon
I am in Dallas. Could you tell me the name of the doctor that did your procedure?
Myself and a friend had this procedure in the Dallas location, both were back to pre-surgery sagging, me at one month, hers at 3 months, different doctors too. Don't waste your money at LSL, you will need to have another surgery with a private practice doctor to get the results promised at LSL. Feel free to contact for more information.
I am happy for you and glad that you have a good doctor. It looks like your jaw line is visually much better. And your ears are very different than mine or I should say the way mine were done. I wish I had found a doctor like yours. On my research, it was misleading because my doctor was represented as working for LSL (not freelancing) therefore, when I looked for anything (pending or open/closed cases) nothing showed up. Once I looked up the county where he has his office, I found additional info but it was too late. Plus if I had found realself.com first it would have made a real difference in my decision. Keep us informed and best to you. Chrystal Eckes.
I am SOOO happy for you and wish I had your doctor - I see from the picture you still have earlobes - I don't. Again, very glad it worked for you.