TT and Lipo - Carol Stream, IL

Ok, so I'm nine days out and I'm scared....

Ok, so I'm nine days out and I'm scared. Yep, downright shaking in my boots, stomach sick kind of scared! Somewhere in there is some excitement as well but the fear is winning at the moment. I KNOW that once all is said and done I will be THRILLED with the results but I must say I'm not a huge fan of pain and the wondering/worrying about how bad it will be is what gets me. These boards have been great however, if for nothing more than knowing you all survived! :) Truthfully it has been so informative of what to expect and how to prepare. Thank all of you for sharing your stories!

A little bit about me. I'm 42, wife and mother of two. At my top weight, I was 215 pounds and a smoker. I'm happy to say that I'm 164 now and have maintained that weight for a couple of years. Oh yeah, and no smoking either! While this is not the "ideal" weight on my 5'5" frame, I'm happy with where I'm at. I work out twice a week with a trainer and usually twice on my own. Unfortunately no amount of working out is doing anything to help my "flap" so that is my motivation behind having the TT.

I can't even imagine what my tummy will look like after the surgery. Is there anyone out there approximately my size that has photos to share? I'm going to put my before photos up soon.

Any pep talks would be greatly appreciated! And prayers too! Thank you!

Glad to hear you are doing well. Im excited to see my results but not looking forward to nausea, vomiting, and pain. Post some pics when you get a chance. How much time are you taking off work?
I'm only scheduled to be off from work 10 days. I'll be back at work on the 24th. Since I have a desk job I'm hoping it isn't too bad.
I have two compression garments, one is a four panel that I woke up with after surgery. The other is a three panel that my surgeon gave me after my first post op visit. I would definitely check with your surgeon on which garment to buy. Having two is great so you can switch it out for washing. I have to do that as my drainage tube is leaking a little. Completely normal, but a pain in the butt!
Oh, it's great to know. I'll keep this in mind for the next surgery. Btw, what does it mean 3 or 4 panel garments? Thx

I'm so glad that I decided to have this...

I'm so glad that I decided to have this surgery! Even just a few days post op and I can already see an unbelievable change. The pain was very easy to manage with meds and besides being very tired I feel great!

Glad to hear you are doing well!   Stay positive, rest and take your meds.  Keep us up to date.
The compression garment reminds me of a really big ace bandage divided into sections or panels horizontally. Does that make sense? The 4 panel is longer, it extends from just below my breasts to slightly below my hips. The 3 panel starts a lower on my stomach and gives me more mobility. Make sense?
Thanks for taking the time to explain this to me. I hope that you're doing well!

Saw the doctor on 1/19 with hopes that the drain...

Saw the doctor on 1/19 with hopes that the drain would come out today! No such luck. My body is still producing too much fluid so it stays in for a least three more days. Sigh. It doesn't hurt, the leaking is annoying however. My belly button stitches are out and steri stip off of my incision. Wow, the incision isn't as bad as I thought! Yes it is long but I feared with my skin type it would end up wide like some of the others I have. Nope! Yeah!! The numbness at the lipo areas is getting better although no where near gone. I'm back to work on Monday. Not looking forward to that only because I so enjoyed being home! :)
I uploaded photos Friday night and hope that they'll be posted soon. The changes are AMAZING!

Don't get down! Remember this is a 6 week or more process. You are doing fabulous! and there is a bright light (and a tight tummy) at the end of the tunnel.
Ok, so I know it was crazy to think I'd be able to wear my jeans yet BUT I did try since Fridays are casual day at work and nope, didn't fit. Even though I knew, was prepared for that outcome it was depressing. I think I'm moving through a "blue" phase. My drain is still in (day 16) but at least the output level is going down. Maybe Monday it will be out.
Your posts have been a great encouragement to me. How was your fist day back?
Warrenville Plastic Surgeon