Just Had Lingual (similar to Incognito) Braces Put on a Week Ago - Illinois, IL

So far so good. I have the Lingual on top and...

So far so good. I have the Lingual on top and traditional metal on bottom. Im 23, and getting braces was embarrassing but fixing my smile was the most important thing iI wanted for myself. I started making a vlog of my journey with my braces for anyone interested in braces, or lingual, or anyone who is an adult looking for support. I am very happy with the braces i choose bc they are hardly notcible. I just still need to get use to them and learning how to articulate better with them.

Its been three months, and I have updated with a...

Its been three months, and I have updated with a few videos on my Youtube channel. I didnt get the incognito, but have the Lingual which are very similar. I am amazed with how much my teeth improved and shifted. Im very happy with my experience so far. Another update will be up very soon!

Almost 7 months with Lingual braces

Its been a fast 7 months already with my braces and WOOHWEE did a lot change. My bottom teeth are starting to look really nice and straight and my top teeth look great as well. I only have one fang left waiting to get attached to the wire. Springs were added on each side, on the top, of my moth to help close the gaps and shift my teeth back a bit. I have an over bite so Im wondering when those elastics will be coming... I have a new vlog update on my Youtube channel. Don't forget to check it out!! :)

Lingual Braces - latest update

I have an appointment mid Feb so a new video will be up after that. Here is my latest vlog I posted on my channel. My overbite has came in SO MUCH! I think my teeth look a little straighter now then they do in that video because its been about 2 months. Keep up with your elastics and the process will just keep moving on smoothly. The elastics (tiny rubberbands) are for you overbite for those who have it. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask her or on my vlog channel, I respond pretty quick to either. I sometimes post pictures on my instagram smiling, not for the purpose of my braces progress, but you can see how they changed a bit over time throughout my profile. Thanks for taking the time to check my profiles out. I really appropriate it :)
Dr. Yan Razdolsky

googled and research

How much did your braces cost?
I recently read another review here on RealSelf where a man did lingual braces and said he was disappointed because the backs of his teeth are perfectly straight now, but because his teeth weren't all the same thickness, the fronts were not perfectly lined up.  I was wondering whether your orthodontist has addressed this issue with you at all, and if so, what the solution is.

Thanks!
i am 19...and was planning to have braces...as i have major teeth problems..crooked teeth....WOOHOOO!! :P anyways as i am a bit old i did not want anyone to know that i am going to have braces so lingual braces are my only option. But the dentist said that there will be cuts on your tongue and you will have problems while talking. So just wanted to know about your initial experience. I have a massive phobia of dentists(don't know why) so the thought of having them put things in my mouth is way scary so that's why i need advice.
Are lingual braces the same as invisible braces? I don't know the difference. I was thinking of getting invisible braces at my orthodontist in Calgary, but I'm not sure if I want to. invisible braces calgary
Invisalign and lingual are different. Invisalign are plastic trays sort of like the ones you get when you whiten your teeth. You will get maybe 10 or 12 in your set and change them every so many weeks/months. Lingual are like regular braces but are on the inside of your mouth. You will need the orthodontist to change the wire every other month roughly. Both you "cant" see but invisalign is only for small changes in the mouth and can not do all cases. Lingual can be put on type of issue. Invisalign you also have to remove to eat and brush your teeth. Both are great if you dont want anyone to know you have braces. I got lingual in May and love them.
I am so sorry I drag horribly with these responds, but I am very happy with my braces. My age does not bother me anymore especially learning how common braces are becoming among adults too. I even forget I have braces sometimes :D
You are not alone, I think most people are shy and a little nervous when getting braces. Being 17 and having the option of getting braces is great. I wish I could have gotten them as a teen, but better late then never! The lingual ones are nice cause no one notices you have them really, and you can see the process of your teeth straightening out without metal blocking them. But they are annoying when it comes to eating because you really have to clean your teeth and braces afterwards. Food gets stuck in these types of braces a lot more because they are on the inside of your mouth where all your food chewing is. You definitely have to be extra careful with these braces too because crunchy food and stuff can easily break them. Lingual braces are pretty expensive compared to the traditional. I think any type you choose will be fine. You'll probably look adorable with the traditional braces and time flys by so fast. Your teeth move and straighten out really quick. Which ever you decide, Itll work out and be worth it. Your only 17, I think its a huge advantage. Braces are more common at your age then mine. Good Luck!!!!!
Okay. Thank you so much! I got a little less nervous now. I think I'll just go with what the dentist would recommend since you said either type will work. Thanks for the encouragement, really appreciate it!
My pleasure!! I wish you the best. I think it will be one of the best choices you can make for yourself. Everyone deserves a beautiful confident smile! And Its finally our turn :) Keep me posted on which braces you get and how you like them!
How did your mouth feel afterwards? My daughter wants to get htem but I'm concerned she'll be in a lot of pain afterwards
My teeth were sore, but its bearable. I think with any type of braces youll experience soreness bc your teeth are being pulled and moved. Tylenol helps me when I need it, but its nothing I cant handle or any average person.
Ok thanks! I had heard that the lingual braces were worse because they tore up the inside of your mouth, it this true? Or is it just painful in the teeth like regular braces?
Thank you for your post! I'm getting mine on in may and trying to learn as much before hand as I can. I'm 23 as well and have known I've needed braces since 12 but never wanted them to show. They are going to cost a lot but I'm glad to see other people enjoying their results and saying the pain is not crazy. Keep giving updates! My 2 year journey starts soon!!

Thanks for the video, I had my incognito fitted (top and bottom) 2.4.2013 (4.5 weeks ago), day 1 was fine, day 2 was mega lithpy (lol) sore and my tounge was all sore, I had a sticky out wire by an extraction site so once that was taken care of on day 2 I was good to go! The tounge soreness subsided after around 3 days, my lisp only occurs when I say the word 'lisp' and my teeth have already moved! Day 2 was achey and upon inspection I realized my front two teeth had straightened a little, today is the second time I'm feeling the achey and someone commented my teeth looked straighter. So far so good, looking forward to my first adjustment in 2 weeks! Would highly recommend these braces to anyone unhappy with their smile! Pros: hidden, barely notice them, changes are noticeable. Cons: expensive (worth it), tounge sore for few days, lispy for a week then on and off subtle, difficult to floss. Ps I'm 30y/o X

The first week was tough and maybe a day after each appointment but I think the discomfort and pain is much similar to the traditional. Its just some more time getting used to them and adjusting because they are on the inside of your teeth where you chew and realize how much your tongue hits your teeth while you talk!! I notice some words I lisp at, nothing to noticeable tho. Im so happy we have similar braces and it is so nice to see someone as excited as I am with getting straight teeth and seeing it happen too! Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I do Vlogs on youtube too. I def would recommend lingual braces to anyone aswell :))
Hi Laura, I'm about to turn 30 too! So quite keen for the most discreet type of brace. I only need the upper and could probably get away with it being on front 4 or 6 teeth. It's just one tooth really that starts to angle into another slightly. You only really notice it in certain angles/lights, but it upsets me, so I have to fix it :). Wondering if you can have linguals with an overbite? Also wondering roughly what's the cost?

Thank you so much for posting a video with your review!

I loved when you showed us what the lingual braces actually looked like using the mirror.

Now that you have had a few more days to get used to the braces, how are you doing with them?