Otoplasty Didnt Work for Me! - McHenry, IL

Was so excited to have the surgery done so i can...

was so excited to have the surgery done so i can have confidence when i wear my hair up and also not have to worry about my hair getting wet in front of others and have my ears sticking out, but that was not the case. 2 to 3 years later they started forming back to its original form and it has been so upsetting that i went through the surgery for nothing!

my question is, isnt otoplasty suppose to be a permanent surgery? and if so, isnt the doctor liable to fix them, even if it has been many years later? please help, im getting married soon and want them fixed once and for all! i am looking for a new doctor in the mchenry county or lake county area.

Hi! how much would it cost to get a second...

hi! how much would it cost to get a second otoplasty procedure done? hoping theres a price reduction for the second time. i am extremely unhappy the doctor who did my ears years ago.(ears went completely back to pre-surgery state) looking for someone in chicago land area. i am planning a destination wedding and would like to have them fixed once and for all! also, on my left ear there is a stitch sticking out and doc said it would dissolve and obviously it never did, it swells up like a pimple every couple weeks and is painful to the touch. please help me!!
-thanks-

dr. terasse

surgery didnt work! all that time and money spent for what? i feel like it was such a scam...i didnt do anything to them, they just went back by its self. do not use dr. terrasse in lake forest, il. he is now trying to charge me for a follow up visit to look at the ear surgery he performed, im so upset that this wasnt taken care of in the 1st place.

Just happened to come across your post so congrats on your wedding. I hope you have solved the ear problem. I had mine done years ago as an adult and never had a problem - in fact I've never HEARD of anyone having a problem with this procedure. I'm amazed that your doctor wanted to charge for looking at it again. A very expensive lesson learned I guess.

I'm really sorry to hear about your temporary results but thank you nonetheless for posting about your experience. You may also want to post a question on our Doctor Q&A Forum, where you can get professional opinions from some of the more than 1,000 doctors who visit RealSelf. Also, here's a list of Chicago otoplasty surgeons, for your reference. Hope this helps!

Please keep us posted on your progress and let us know what you decide to do revision-wise.