Definitely had the bad side-effects- Superficial result..

Like a majority of the people out there, I did it...

Like a majority of the people out there, I did it in an attempt to rid some abdominal fat that came on quickly due to steroid injections for disc herniation (which also caused me to not be able to exercise like I usually do).

I've read a ton of reviews where the procedure itself is supposidly painless. I have a high pain tolerance and I will tell you that the largest device (I'm pretty small, so this may have been overkill for me) was quite painful when the suction first started. Like everyone else, 10 minutes into it and it was fine- Just a tight feeling. I wouldn't say removing the device was as painful as the 'massage' afterwards. That was pretty painful as well.

The problem I'm having (I'm 4 days post-procedure) is that I am EXTREMELY, bloated. No bruising, no redness, but EXTREME bloating. To the point where my pants just don't fit right now. Of course the area is numb and I'm having some random pinching, but I can handle that. The bloating is awful. I've been applying ice, drinking TONS of water (I do anyway) to no avail. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it an indication of fat cell damage? Most importantly, how long until this goes down and what can I do to speed it up??

Update: I'm now 7 days post-procedure and I am...

Update: I'm now 7 days post-procedure and I am still VERY, VERY swollen.. The pins and needles are super intense and my entire abdomen stings (with a strange itch) like severe sunburn being irritated even further with rough sandpaper. It's to the point where I am going to have to call the doctor's office and get something for this. It's pretty much unbearable. I've tried pain relievers, ice, topical creams.. Nothing is helping.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I'm going insane. I sure hope these nasty side effects are a good sign, but I suspect they are just the result of nerve damage and my body attempting to repair it.

I'm now 8 days post-procedure. Went to the...

I'm now 8 days post-procedure. Went to the doctor this morning as I haven't slept in 3 nights. The bee-sting pain is so pronounced that even after taking Advil PM I wake up with shooting, intermittent pain on various spots of my abdomen. The doctor said I am still very inflammed- even to the touch my stomach is 'hot'. She said this is the normal inflammatory response and she suspects my results may be more than the average 'favorable' fat loss. She prescribed 3 days of oral steroids for the pain and Vicodin (which I HATE). But I do have decreased pain as of this afternoon.

Do you think there's any truth to the overwhelming inflammatory response I'm having? It makes sense to me, but maybe she's just telling me what I want to hear?

So, just to update everyone, since there are some...

So, just to update everyone, since there are some also some new posts here with people going through the painful experience I did.. I'm 14 days post and am finally starting to feel normal. I'm still pretty swollen, but the stinging pain is gone. It just feels like major sunburn now. The lidocaine cream I was prescribed helped the most, I think. Or, maybe it was just that things were settling down for me finally. Now, we wait..

I am officially one month post-procedure.....

I am officially one month post-procedure.. Numbness is completely gone, swelling is very minimal, although still somewhat there. Obviously, it being one month post-procedure I am not expecting anything yet in terms of results. So, at this point, I continue waiting..

3.5 month update: I *guess* there's a bit of a...

3.5 month update: I *guess* there's a bit of a difference with my abdomen, but it's VERY suttle. And, quite honestly, I don't know if I can absolutely attribute it to the procedure or more my diet change and the fact that I'm taking Proactol.

At this point, I don't think I'd do it again. My understanding is that the larger device does have the ability to cause bad side-effects... For me, it's just not worth going through that again for something that's really not noticeable. Not to mention the cost..

The doctors don't mention any side effects during the consult but when I came in for the procedure they had me initial several pages of "possible" side effects which they assured me were not common. Seems to me this should have been discussed prior to the day of the procedure giving me the option to explore it further. 2 weeks past procedure and still have tenderness and pain. It seems the doctors are once again showing that the $$$$ come before anything else.
Hi! I had cool sculpting done a week ago on my sides and stomach in Austin TX. I am 5'10" 150 lb female. The treatment is not so awful, but I have been in pain since. No down time- yeah right! I have been in so much pain. Stabbing pains in my muscles. It hurts to move. The only thing that helps me with the pain is wrapping it up tightly with ace bandages. Pretty upset that I was lied to about the pain. I have a high pain tolerance. Just really hoping to see results after all of this bs.
Thank you so much..... I just did my upper and middle abdomen and on day 4. I was told the worst part is the suction at the very first of the procedure. I didn't have any issues with the procedure, but now on day four omfg it feels like 1000 hot needles pricking my stomach I can't sleep it's sore, swollen, I'm red,mI'm bruised and I'm very itchy. I asked is there any downtime or pain afterwards and they said very little. SO NOT TRUE!! How does your stomach feel now? Did get go back to normal? Do you still having any side effects?
After speaking more in-depth with my doctor (board certified demonologist/plastic surgeon) she said that this procedure is better on upper arms and on the back. She says she has not seen the results she likes on the abdominal region and is not shying away from recommending this procedure for abdominal. I took her recommendation and opted out of the procedure. We are discussing other options now.

I hoped this helped and good luck with your decision. I know it is a tough one. Why can’t fat be the new skinny LOL
Hi Ladies, I am actally going to it next Friday, but after seeing all the comments, I am a little bit scared, specially with the size of a pea that appears in your stmache, it has been a while since everyone post. can anyone tell me how is the result turned out to everyone please?
mamav, i would email the coolsculpting company directly, give them a detailed explanation of what happened to you and see if they respond. i hear they get back to customers quickly. good luck!
the results of the cat scan showed nothing so i went back to the clinic where i had the proceedure done and they didn't know what it was either - they did an ultra sound and they said it looked like fat pockets but they were not sure - they had to check with the director and got back to me a few days later - apparently, this has happened to about 16 other people in the U.S and they do not know exactly why - i still have the lumps but they are going down and they are no longer painful, however, they feel very hard and when i pull my skin they look scary - i am happy that the bloating has gone away and i am hoping these lumps go away soon -- all in all, i am happy i had the procedure but it would have been so much easier if i had had all the facts up front and now, unfortunatelly, i have quite a few medical bills to pay for because of not knowing
It sounds like you are experiencing hyperplasia which can only be taken care of with liposuction to remove the enlarged fat cells.
Im glad your ok. How are you with your results? Hi, I had the procedure done 3 weeks ago and im experiencing lumps. Can you give us a update on the lumps as well . Should I be worried? Thanks so much for your help
mamav,
what was the results of your cat-scan? if you don't mind me asking. hope everything was ok!
ok, ladies, i got the procedure one week ago and 3 days later started feeling a stinging in my abdomen. well, the stinging grew more and more intense and by day 5, i was in extreme pain that advil was not touching. the only relief i've been able to get is by using ice. i think it is nerve damage and will heal on its own. STILL.....not happy about that! i am also very swollen. i just wish i was told of this bad side effect. but then again, if everyone was told, less people would opt to have this procedure. i will check back in a few days to let you know if i am still having the stinging. of course, i am hoping to have good results in 2-3 months!
I had the procedure done in july of 2011 and i had pain for two weeks and i am happy with the results, however, suddenly my abdomen is going thru the same pain now and quite a bit of bloating, and when i press down on the sore spots, there are bumps about the size of a pea or a little larger - i am going for a cat-scan on tuesday and am concerned -------has anyone else experienced this ?
I just had it done 3 weeks ago and had the same reaction, large lumps of small peas and small hard peas all across my stomach and hips. There is actual new visual bruising in the very sensitive areas. They said there is nothing that can be done but wait. I am very concerned as it seems to be getting worse. In fact, now I have a slight fever. I plan on contacting the company.
Well I am sorry I spent that much money, I did go down some inches and from dieting as well, but it is way to expensive for suttle results.

Also I think it is more for thinner people than someone who is overweight At 1800, it should be more like half. I have found other procedures that are immediate way to see an result someday that is what I want to do

Cece
hey BMS how's everything so far?
Thanks for asking..

Well, nothing has changed since my last update and I really don't expect anything at this point anymore. Again, I think the changes were suttle, but definitely not worth spending anymore money to have it done again. If I wasn't watching my diet, I'd say maybe that's why there's not much difference, but I have been and I suspect what I did lose is from that, not from the procedure itself.
Hi

I had some bad times too so sore, it lasted about 3 weeks then it eased up I think the procedure was meant for someone closer to their ideal weight that
needed that little extra help, but I am overweight
and it helped a bit, but not the way I hoped. I really dont think it was worth the money I paid $1800

I wouldnot do it again if I had the choice, but I hope for those who have done it works much better for them

Cece
Well good for you if I lose an inch I am ahead of the game I will begin working out soon still have some numbness and a bit sore too.

I think that if you have a doc that decides not to do it I think your should get another opinion and that goes for all procedures

Cece
There has been many pics I saw of people with big tummies and they had good results with the procedure and diet exercise...then sometimes you just need something else to help. Lets be honest most women have kids and no matter what you think a little nip and tuck is needed dont think all the celebrities just fall into shape

You have to be realistic your age mine 59 I just want to look as nice as I can in my clothes with out my pooch....my hubby is happy with me the weigh I am not too much overweight but I will drop 20 lbs and do anything safe to make ME feel better if your are older we all cant look 24 all the time

I did this for me.....just be safe and being a little chubby it will help I saw the pics of other patients as all you see is there stomachs

CECE
Thx but I would never put any chemicals into my body I have Leukemia

CECE
give yourself time there is a long wait time and dif affects per each person......but sometimes a small tuck is it but most important to be at your perfect weight

Cece
Wow!! THank you for all the input. I really appreciate it!! So I do Work out 4 days a week and watch what I eat it seems that I lose weight everywhere else but my tummy. I never had this problem before. The only thing I can think of is when pregnant with my daughter my stomach was so big it looked like I was having twins. Maybe a tummy tuck or lipo would be the right way to go. I thank all of you for your help :o)
Also, be careful of some of the other fat loss options out there. One that is called dissolve lipo (or couture) is actually putting fluid into your body and no scientific studies have come out on its results. I had an assistant who did true lipo for her hips and it was very painful and long to heal...she was not satisfied with the final results. There is one called tickle lipo that sounds interesting with less downtime but they all have their side affects and varying success stories.
Oh PLEASE
Think about it....
YOU ARE 50
Dr.B's Cool-sculpting WORKS
If you have had children... as yourself, you should have spent your money on a tummy tuck!!!
My results,,,, at 50,,,,,
Perfection
Ask my 26 year old "mate" of the moment. Top model here in SoBe, LA & Europe. Sex in the City Hot Samatha guy!!
My stomach has always been flat, tho. 5'6" 133...size 29 skinny jean.
It is in my family.
: )
VERY PLEASED WITH DR.BITTAR & staff
CeCe
Get a tuck!
Never work out
I ABSOLITELY agree with Milw9966 ... it is only good for people who are in very good shape and can not get their muffin top/tummy bump via excerise or diet. If you want more results than that, you might be very disappointed.