Definitely had the bad side-effects- Superficial result..

Like a majority of the people out there, I did it...

Like a majority of the people out there, I did it in an attempt to rid some abdominal fat that came on quickly due to steroid injections for disc herniation (which also caused me to not be able to exercise like I usually do).

I've read a ton of reviews where the procedure itself is supposidly painless. I have a high pain tolerance and I will tell you that the largest device (I'm pretty small, so this may have been overkill for me) was quite painful when the suction first started. Like everyone else, 10 minutes into it and it was fine- Just a tight feeling. I wouldn't say removing the device was as painful as the 'massage' afterwards. That was pretty painful as well.

The problem I'm having (I'm 4 days post-procedure) is that I am EXTREMELY, bloated. No bruising, no redness, but EXTREME bloating. To the point where my pants just don't fit right now. Of course the area is numb and I'm having some random pinching, but I can handle that. The bloating is awful. I've been applying ice, drinking TONS of water (I do anyway) to no avail. Does anyone know why this is happening? Is it an indication of fat cell damage? Most importantly, how long until this goes down and what can I do to speed it up??

Update: I'm now 7 days post-procedure and I am...

Update: I'm now 7 days post-procedure and I am still VERY, VERY swollen.. The pins and needles are super intense and my entire abdomen stings (with a strange itch) like severe sunburn being irritated even further with rough sandpaper. It's to the point where I am going to have to call the doctor's office and get something for this. It's pretty much unbearable. I've tried pain relievers, ice, topical creams.. Nothing is helping.

Has anyone else had experience with this? I'm going insane. I sure hope these nasty side effects are a good sign, but I suspect they are just the result of nerve damage and my body attempting to repair it.

The bloating seems to be normal for some of us that have the ab area done. It does go away and after 2 months, I have lost 1 inch but also notice that I am rarely bloated in my stomach area no matter what I drink or eat.
OMG, after two MONTHS?? That's awful. Between that and my other 'new' side effects, I'm pretty discouraged so far.

Are you sure your loss of 1 inch isn't just from the bloating subsiding?

Wow, I wish I would have read more reviews before I went in. If I don't have great results from this, I'm going to be pretty upset. My doctor's office did not disclose ANY of this when I asked.
No...my 1 inch loss is a change. It was not just the bloating that stopped but where there was a layer of fat, that has seemed to disappear. Everyone is different so you will have to be patient and wait -- that is the worst part, waiting and watching. I had minimal pain but my doctors always say I have a high pain threshold. Please post your results after 2-3 months which is a realistic timeframe.

I'm now 8 days post-procedure. Went to the...

I'm now 8 days post-procedure. Went to the doctor this morning as I haven't slept in 3 nights. The bee-sting pain is so pronounced that even after taking Advil PM I wake up with shooting, intermittent pain on various spots of my abdomen. The doctor said I am still very inflammed- even to the touch my stomach is 'hot'. She said this is the normal inflammatory response and she suspects my results may be more than the average 'favorable' fat loss. She prescribed 3 days of oral steroids for the pain and Vicodin (which I HATE). But I do have decreased pain as of this afternoon.

Do you think there's any truth to the overwhelming inflammatory response I'm having? It makes sense to me, but maybe she's just telling me what I want to hear?
Thanks Molly for your post....I am two months out but was told that the real results show a 2.5 or 12 weeks. I am considering the love handles next but have heard that is much easier to deal with -- stomach area must have more nerves or sensitivity. Just like Molly, about two weeks for the worst symptoms to subside.
So good to hear this from you, too.. Two weeks is right around the corner for me. As I mentioned to Molly, today I feel quite a bit better. The doctor prescribed lidocaine cream on top of the steroids and Vicodin (I hate Vicodin).. It did nothing the first day, but has been helping now.

Good luck! I hope you get great results!! I've also heard the love handles are much less sensitive and I'll consider it as well- Going to wait and see what kind of results I get though before I commit.

Cheers!
I was bloated for about 2 weeks. I also had the larger applicator. ALL my side effects lingered for about two weeks, but then were gone quickly after that. It took me about 2.5 months to really notice my results, but now that I have I'm very happy! Hang in there- it gets better I promise!

So, just to update everyone, since there are some...

So, just to update everyone, since there are some also some new posts here with people going through the painful experience I did.. I'm 14 days post and am finally starting to feel normal. I'm still pretty swollen, but the stinging pain is gone. It just feels like major sunburn now. The lidocaine cream I was prescribed helped the most, I think. Or, maybe it was just that things were settling down for me finally. Now, we wait..

Thank You so much for writing this review! please keep us updated.
RR123.. Honestly, I don't think it's fair to make that assessment until I've gotten to the 2-3 month mark. I would tentatively say that, if I see good results, I probably would endure the discomfort / pain again. If I see little results, probably not. Hope that makes sense..

I say go for it. From what I understand, I'm an oddity. Of course. LOL.. It's worth a try and there are so many others that have had a good experience and are really happy with their results.
bms..... thanks... i probably will
i'm in good shape, despite the fact that i'm overweight. thank you so much for your reply. :)

I am officially one month post-procedure.....

I am officially one month post-procedure.. Numbness is completely gone, swelling is very minimal, although still somewhat there. Obviously, it being one month post-procedure I am not expecting anything yet in terms of results. So, at this point, I continue waiting..
Well good for you if I lose an inch I am ahead of the game I will begin working out soon still have some numbness and a bit sore too.

I think that if you have a doc that decides not to do it I think your should get another opinion and that goes for all procedures

Cece
There has been many pics I saw of people with big tummies and they had good results with the procedure and diet exercise...then sometimes you just need something else to help. Lets be honest most women have kids and no matter what you think a little nip and tuck is needed dont think all the celebrities just fall into shape

You have to be realistic your age mine 59 I just want to look as nice as I can in my clothes with out my pooch....my hubby is happy with me the weigh I am not too much overweight but I will drop 20 lbs and do anything safe to make ME feel better if your are older we all cant look 24 all the time

I did this for me.....just be safe and being a little chubby it will help I saw the pics of other patients as all you see is there stomachs

CECE
Thx but I would never put any chemicals into my body I have Leukemia

CECE

3.5 month update: I *guess* there's a bit of a...

3.5 month update: I *guess* there's a bit of a difference with my abdomen, but it's VERY suttle. And, quite honestly, I don't know if I can absolutely attribute it to the procedure or more my diet change and the fact that I'm taking Proactol.

At this point, I don't think I'd do it again. My understanding is that the larger device does have the ability to cause bad side-effects... For me, it's just not worth going through that again for something that's really not noticeable. Not to mention the cost..
The doctors don't mention any side effects during the consult but when I came in for the procedure they had me initial several pages of "possible" side effects which they assured me were not common. Seems to me this should have been discussed prior to the day of the procedure giving me the option to explore it further. 2 weeks past procedure and still have tenderness and pain. It seems the doctors are once again showing that the $$$$ come before anything else.
Hi! I had cool sculpting done a week ago on my sides and stomach in Austin TX. I am 5'10" 150 lb female. The treatment is not so awful, but I have been in pain since. No down time- yeah right! I have been in so much pain. Stabbing pains in my muscles. It hurts to move. The only thing that helps me with the pain is wrapping it up tightly with ace bandages. Pretty upset that I was lied to about the pain. I have a high pain tolerance. Just really hoping to see results after all of this bs.
Thank you so much..... I just did my upper and middle abdomen and on day 4. I was told the worst part is the suction at the very first of the procedure. I didn't have any issues with the procedure, but now on day four omfg it feels like 1000 hot needles pricking my stomach I can't sleep it's sore, swollen, I'm red,mI'm bruised and I'm very itchy. I asked is there any downtime or pain afterwards and they said very little. SO NOT TRUE!! How does your stomach feel now? Did get go back to normal? Do you still having any side effects?