Breastlift 'Letdown'

I had the anchor breastlift last Sept. and wear a...

I had the anchor breastlift last Sept. and wear a bra even to sleep in. I'm very disappointed. My breasts look like someones breasts who's just going in to get them done. They are sagging with the exception that they are sagging from a higher position on my chest.

I've had a 'tweek' surgery in Feb. to correct a fold in my skin in my cleavage, which is still there. The self-confidence I was hoping to gain with this proceedure is distroyed. I will have to go through the surgery all over again [except the nipple area] to raise the inside breast matter up to create nipple projection.

What can be done if I don't want the same surgeon at this practice to redo me? Is it acceptable to ask another phyician there to redo them and not be charged all over again? What's the norm for this?

Updated on Jan 7, 2010
I did not get the nipple projection that I had hoped for and will not do implants . I am naturally a c cup. I had 2 procedures following the lift to try to correct the projection problem but they still don't look as I'd hoped. I'm done with this .

how can I reduce the color of my scarring from my breastlift 16 mos. ago? Has anyone had any luck with any products. I just had the shots done yesterday to soften the scars. o those usually work well ?

I wanted to further explain why I removed a few comments above. To do that, I'll include below the message I sent to rnuch regarding violating community guidelines.

If you're confused or concerned, please send me a private message. If you'd like to post feedback about RealSelf, you can do that here.

I’m Angie, the breast lift community moderator at RealSelf. While I’m not an employee of RealSelf, I do moderate reviews and comments. Part of my role is to make sure that RealSelf users are getting the most from their participation on the site.

I love this role because it helps people ask good questions and make informed decisions before deciding whether a procedure is right for them or not.

I do my best to keep it fair for all community members, people like you as well as over 1,000 doctors (who volunteer their time answering questions).

What I consider fair is for RealSelf users to post experiences about treatment reviews (as you've done) and, in the designated field, indicate whether they do or don't recommend a doctor.

I consider it unfair for someone to post entries disparaging other reviews as plants or frauds. No one likes personal attacks --which aren't allowed on RealSelf—or having someone question their honesty regarding their postings.

In the breast lift community, I focus on getting people to open up and share their surgery experience, but I do not allow discussion of individual doctors. I therefore moderate out comments which could be construed as personal attacks (which by law doctors can’t even respond to.). As you probably are aware, there are loads of forums for venting grievances and rating a doctor. It's just not the goal of the breast lift community and RealSelf. That’s why we ask that people refer to their doctors only in the doctor recommendation field associated with their review.

In your postings I see a mix of fair and unfair. I like that you offer insights about what you experienced post-op. That said, I’d really appreciate it if you’d allow people to express their breast lift experiences without suggesting they’re lying. Also, you reference the doctor in the discussion areas, but this should be limited to the doctor field in your breast lift posting.

Thanks for your help on this. I hope you’ll continue to help the breast lift community thrive!

Best, Angie

Both of your posts highlight the extreme importance of "doing your homework" before selecting a surgeon. The assumption that we are all equally skilled is false, and surgeon skill/experience is easily the most important factor in a patient's satisfaction or dissatisfaction with a breast lift. I know this doesn't help either of you now, but for any future procedures, I would recommend you always ask to see photos of their work, and maybe even ask to talk to another one of their patients (who had the same procedure). With regard to how best to communicate your dissatisfaction to your surgeon, I thought it would be in the best interests of the entire community to help you understand a few things. Even without the threat of posting negative things about your surgeon online, I can assure you they want your satisfaction. Having said that, it may be that the results you have achieved represent the limit of what they as a surgeon are able to do for you (thus the importance of "doing your homework"). Further, most surgeons include in their informed consent documentation that there is not, nor can there be, any guarantee of the outcome of your surgery. This means that you understand going in that there is the possibility that despite your surgeon's best efforts, you may not get what you wanted out of your surgery. If you indeed signed informed consent for the surgery and the documents included this language, it is not reasonable to hold your surgeon to any outcome standard you may have (again highlighting the importance of choosing well in the first place). If you do end up dissatisfied, talk calmly with your surgeon... Explain why you are unhappy, and what would make you happy. Remember- he/she wants you to be happy too- the key is to communicate positively so that the two of you can figure out a solution for you. If you get too confrontational, communication may break down, and then you will get nowhere... possibly ending up having to pay another surgeon to make the desired changes... Be careful with what you write on the internet as well... There have been several large cases in the last year where a dissatisfied patient posted negative things about a surgeon who was able to prove that the patient understood the risk of being unhappy before surgery-(making this slander/defamation or libel) in each case, the surgeon was rewarded damages and the patients had to pay lots of legal fees in addition to the aggravation they had already experienced. There is no question that your best approach is to try to work it out positively. If you have lost confidence in your initial surgeon's ability to achieve your goal, ask what they can do to help restore your confidence- or ask for a referral to someone who can.
I so agree...Most Doctor's consider their work art and they take pride. What we see in pictures, we expect as well, but not all bodies are the same, not all bodies heal the same. I know in my case, I had an allergic reaction to the stitches. I also know that my body is not petite, so my breast are not going to look perfect...I wanted better and improved. But this is just my opinion.

Doctor was way too conservative