I Am Thrilled with my Facelift!

I got a facelift last August and I am so happy...

I got a facelift last August and I am so happy with the results! I am approaching 50 but everyone thinks I look like I’m in my 30s now. I am thrilled!

My doctor is incredible. He made small incisions at my ears and also under my chin to tighten up my neck. I hardly had any swelling at all and just some minimal bruising; after a few days, I could already see a big difference, especially in how pointy my chin was and also the lack of sagging skin on my neck.

One thing I really respect about my doctor is that he didn’t try to talk me into things I didn’t need. I went in with some research, mostly from the Internet and communities like RealSelf, but clueless about the actual process, so I asked about wrinkle fillers, eyelifts, everything. He was very frank in telling me not to do those things. I have great respect for this. I had a few other consultations and price quotes from other doctors but settled on him largely for this reason (he wasn’t the cheapest but I was most comfortable with him).

The worst part was how visible the incisions were. Even though they were small, I saw them for many weeks and they were obvious, at least to me. The only side effect I have is numbness in my face, even as I write this. It has dissipated somewhat but is still there and gives me the occasional tingle. I guess this is “nerve shock” and will eventually come back, but even if it doesn’t I can’t complain.

I am researching and interviewing surgeons in Tucson for a facelift and a full laser resurfacing. I'd love to hear from anyone with specific names to recommend and any input on what order I should have these procedures, laser prior, post or with facelift. Thanks, 50something

Hi 50 something,

You can find reviews and recommendations from Tucson-area facelift patients in our Arizona facelift doctor directory (scroll to the bottom to read reviews) or by checking out the Facelift cost map, which also links to RealSelf reviews.

Good luck!
--Sharon

Thank you so much Sharon for that bit of information, I tried checking there but didnt see anything pertaining to questions asked, so thanks again!! Katyrae2
Hi Katyrae2, You can access all of your content from your profile. Here's a direct link to your question: Mini lift and Fat transfer for tightening facial skin?
glad to hear he is board certified. Is he in Tucson? Can I ask his name? Usually if you post something, whenever someone answers, you get a reply sent to you... hmm maybe there is a way to access all the things you have posted.
thanks quick silver, He is a board certified plastic surgeon, featured in the beauty magazine called New Beauty, and I believe he's also one listed as one who answers questions on here as well, he was very thorough and complete with my consultation, took about two hours going over everything I inquired about, I feel very comfortable with him, just thought the fees were a little high but im happy now. I do have a question, i posted my picture and asked a question for the doctors here but cant find it now to see if any one replied to it? does any one know how to find my question?
now you are getting into the ballpark! just make sure you are getting a real plastic surgeon, not an eye doctor who is doing plastic surgery (legal but probably not as good as a cosmetic surgeon). You might want to get hold of a copy of The Smart Woman's Guide to Plastic Surgery (I bought a used one on amazon.com). It explained everything in very common sense terms -- don't know about you but all the terms were spinning in my head until I read that book. I am much better informed now.
I do have two more consultations with different plastic surgeons, and I did contact the office from the doctor giving me this quote and they did revise it for me , surgeons fees are now $7000.00 and operating/anesthesia and supplies, a vile of sculptra totalled $5000.00, total came to about $13,000.00, I will see what these two others are like and go from there. thanks everyone!!!
Hi All, I didn't wait for an answer to who her surgeon was and went ahead and researched it myself.6 weeks ago I had a lower face lift and absolutely would do it all over again. The results are FABULOUS !!!Very minimal pain and bruising. I researched 3 different plastic surgeons here in Tucson and ,during the consultations,informed all of them that I was "shopping for prices". I reviewed all their portfolio pictures,pricing,and type of anesthesia used.They were all willing to compete with pricing. From my price quotes,$14,000.00 is way too high of a price! I won't give the exact amount I paid,I received a discount for being an RN but,the total for the lower face lift, including anesthesia, was under $7,000.00. I hope this information helps.
what id like to know is the cost of $8500.00 the total cost including operating room, anesthsia,etc.? I inquired about a mini lift, fat grafting, and partial neck and was given a quote of $14,000 surgeons fees and another $11,000 for additional stuff, is this normal?
that sounds a little high to me too. If understand what you are saying, the whole thing would run about $25K. Maybe in Beverly Hills... I was given a quote of around $13K for a lot more than what you are listing... I have gotten 2 quotes that were very different but one is for much more extensive work...
did anyone ever find out who the tucson plastic surgeon was? Please let me know!
hello who is your surgeon? thanks
I live here in Tucson and have been researching M.D.s for a face lift.Can you please tell me who did yours? Thanks so much
I live in las vegas and would like to know the dr. name in tucson thank yu twee