I Am Thrilled with my Facelift!

I got a facelift last August and I am so happy...

I got a facelift last August and I am so happy with the results! I am approaching 50 but everyone thinks I look like I’m in my 30s now. I am thrilled!

My doctor is incredible. He made small incisions at my ears and also under my chin to tighten up my neck. I hardly had any swelling at all and just some minimal bruising; after a few days, I could already see a big difference, especially in how pointy my chin was and also the lack of sagging skin on my neck.

One thing I really respect about my doctor is that he didn’t try to talk me into things I didn’t need. I went in with some research, mostly from the Internet and communities like RealSelf, but clueless about the actual process, so I asked about wrinkle fillers, eyelifts, everything. He was very frank in telling me not to do those things. I have great respect for this. I had a few other consultations and price quotes from other doctors but settled on him largely for this reason (he wasn’t the cheapest but I was most comfortable with him).

The worst part was how visible the incisions were. Even though they were small, I saw them for many weeks and they were obvious, at least to me. The only side effect I have is numbness in my face, even as I write this. It has dissipated somewhat but is still there and gives me the occasional tingle. I guess this is “nerve shock” and will eventually come back, but even if it doesn’t I can’t complain.
I am researching and interviewing surgeons in Tucson for a facelift and a full laser resurfacing. I'd love to hear from anyone with specific names to recommend and any input on what order I should have these procedures, laser prior, post or with facelift. Thanks, 50something

Hi 50 something,

You can find reviews and recommendations from Tucson-area facelift patients in our Arizona facelift doctor directory (scroll to the bottom to read reviews) or by checking out the Facelift cost map, which also links to RealSelf reviews.

Good luck!
--Sharon

Thank you so much Sharon for that bit of information, I tried checking there but didnt see anything pertaining to questions asked, so thanks again!! Katyrae2