Hyperpigmentation After Mixto Laser Treatment

Hi, I have passed the Mixto laser treatment 4 week...

Hi, I have passed the Mixto laser treatment 4 week ago. I had treated the whole face. Treatment was not comfortable, took 30 minutes. But I survived it - if one wants to be beautiful....

I had acne scars, mainly on my cheeks.The healing process was normal, without any problems. There were very pink lines across my cheeks - where the laser was set to maximum efficiency. The rest of the face was healing well but the pink lines on the cheeks were not turning to "normal" colour. They were turning to lightly red and now during the week 4 I think they are lightly brown, very visible. I cannot leave the house without makeup.

I visited the doctor hoping he would tell these lines disapear. He said yes, but after months. I sensed he was also dissapointed with the result and confused. He advised to put Differine cream over the darker areas and wants to treat me with the chemical peeling 20% TCA in the week 5 so that the cheeks get lighter colour.  I wonder if this is no the way to the hell.

Does anybody has some experiences with the hyperpigmentation after mixto laser and what have you done? Thanks

The risk of hyperpigmentation was not mentioned. I expected only good result if the healing process was all right.

Mixto has made my mild scar alot worse due to the hyperpigmentation!! Do not recommend!! I think the Doctor knew it would happen and went ahead anyway..very unethical and now i have an added worry about how to get rid of the pigmentation. What a headache, using the fading cream now for the next 3 months which i suspect will do nothing!
Hi, can you please tell me how is your skin now and do you recommend mixto co2 fractional?
Hi, my skin now is perfect, thanks God! But still I cannot recommend mixto because I think it is a big risk with result - 50:50. If you suffer from the hyperpigmentation untill the end of your life after mixto treatment there is no responsibility of the doctor - you sign the agreement with the treatment. And what about your selfconfidence and life quality if the result is not satisfactory? It is your face!
I still have the lines two months later! Very embarrassing to go out in public. The doctor prescribed steroid cream and bleaching cream but no improvement so far. I would never have done this procedure had I known how it would turn out.
Im facing the same problem to it's been two mths and the red patches which turn into brown spots are still on my face. The dcotor said it will go away and also feel that my doctor can't actually do anything about it. My scars area got worse even deeper and it's redish. I need help.
Dear Shane, I can imagine how you feel. I used the cream Differine which my doctor prescribed me. It contains so called Adapalenum, which means that the outer layer of your skin smoothly "goes away" and with it, of course, the discoloration. If I say the skin is smoothly peeled off it is really nonvisible process. It takes you one month and you will be all right, like I. Good luck
hyperpigmentation is a common side effect of any procedure that causes trauma to the skin. When you read and signed your consent, it was clearly stated. I get it every time I have a chemical peel. It will go away on its own in time. sometimes it takes a long time. We have our patients use 4%hydroquinone for 4 weeks before and after the treatment. I still recommend this treatment. Perhaps you should have done more research beforehand. Atleast you did not pay near as much as others do. I still highly recommend doing the mixto.
Hi Zaneta, I had my mixto treatment done around 6 months ago, and still suffer from hyperpigmentation, though its getting better. I had the same symptoms as you did, ie patches of red that turned into dark brown. I also sensed that my doctor didn't expect the result. I also noticed that some scars appear deeper than it was before the Mixto laser. I wonder if anyone else had the same experience.