Goodbye Batwings -Hyannis, MA

It has been a little over 2 weeks and while my...

It has been a little over 2 weeks and while my arms are still swollen and sore, I can already tell a difference. The scarring seems as though it will be minimal. This was an outpatient procedure, though it took around 3 or 4 hours of surgery time. I developed constipation from the narcotics and eventually had to give myself an enema (5 days after) for relief. In the future, I will take stool softener from the first day.

Update - answers to questions

I will add more pictures later, as I am still recovering from an extended tummy tuck from the 18th.
They doctor took as much as he could and still be able to close up the incisions. I had very large batwings and loose skin due to losing over 100 pounds. The scarring has been minimal. In some spots it is barely noticeable. The doctor wants to do a revision later because he would like to take out more, but couldn't due to the thickness and amount of my original arm size. I had bulb style drains for the weekend (surgery on Fri, drains removed on Monday).

over a month post op

Arms are healing... scars are minimal... a thin red line and some bumpy scar tissue I hope will go away. The swelling is still quite bad and uncomfortable.

not quite 2 months out

My arms are still very swollen and I am wearing compression garments 24 hours a day. My scars are healing well. I am down about 5 inches from original size, which is nice. My arms still look big, but I know my surgeon did the best he could! I might get a revision someday... but for now I am focusing on healing.

Lyphedema

So it seems that my lymph system was very traumatized by the surgery. I still have swelling in my hands, forearms and upper arms. I have gone to a physical therapist who does Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM) and who measures my arms each time. She also gave me exercises to do to help move the fluid. I still wear compression garments everyday, which kind of defeats the purpose of getting an arm lift as I cannot wear anything but long sleeves now. At least it is winter.
Massachusetts Plastic Surgeon

I love this doctor. I am sad that he is retiring Feb. 1. I called the office to get a copy of my receipts for my taxes and they closed a week ahead of schedule. I do not like the doctors who took over his practice, so now I feel like I am on my own for recovery.