Cellulaze Thighs/Lower Butt

Today is May 23. I'll be having the procedure on...

Today is May 23. I'll be having the procedure on June 3. I just started wanting all this since I turned 34 in March...pre-pre mid-life crisis? HahA. I'm 5'7" and 145 lbs. I don't have any before pics yet. Will get some and post ASAP. I have some dissymetry of my behind (a larger fat roll under one of my butt cheeks) and it has bothered me for many years. My hopes of getting rid of it were crushed during my 1st PS consultation when the doc said he couldn't remove it because my butt could fall. :'( Same with the 2nd opinion, so I decided to work on improving what I can to look as fabulous as possible while I'm still a little young. ;-) I don't expect any significant losses from the smart lipo. He may be able to get 100cc out of each arm/inner thigh and 25cc from under my chin, but my flanks should do really well and I'm thinking of adding my outer thighs as I believe he said he could do them in combo with the cellulaze (unusual?). I have another consult on Thursday to discuss adding that area for lipo and maybe adding some more squares of cellulaze (original estimate was for 36); I expect this may increase the price to closer to $10,000. I haven't received a lot of input from his office as far as compression garments (mainly to just buy Spanx or Target's brand), but I read and read until I found out about Marena Group and ordered Stage 1, Medium, from there. Hope they fit! I'm about to order my vitamins and supplements from Amazon. I have Bromelain, Arnica, Milk Thistle, Ginkgo Biloba, Gotu Kola, Grapefruit Seed Extract and Echinacea Root on the list. I also ordered the Comvita Medical Makuna Honey for wound healing/scaring. Open for any and all suggestions! Getting a little nervous about only taking lortab, valium and keflex the day of the procedure instead of GA. But, I can do this...I can do this!! Appreciate all everyone has shared!! Awesome site! :-)
Good luck to you, it sounds like you've done your research and are well prepared. I'm a big wimp so I had the doc give me the intravenous sedative which pretty much made "sleep" during the procedure. Or at least not remember much. I liked the Marena garment too, I ordered an extra one. I was surprised to see the one the doc gave me was an XL because I wear size 8 pants, but I was pretty swollen after and it seemed to fit. Wishing you great results!
Thank you for your comments and good luck wish. I'm a little concerned the garment may not fit after the swelling but I wiggled into it at home. Fingers crossed!!

Cellulaze and SmartLipo Today!! Yay!!!

I'm nervous but have confidence in Dr. Gray. I've tried to post pics and they won't upload for whatever reason...maybe these nasty cellulite pics will upload from my phone. Idk how they sell any clothes at NY&Co...the lighting is horrid. Will post more pics while recovering over the next few days. Oh, and no lipo on outer thighs...can't do it on same area as cellulaze. :-)

Cellulite Pic for Cellulaze Review

Pic uploaded.

Before Pics

Before Pics - Morning before procedure

Two days after procedure

The bruising is much worse than it appears in these uploaded pics. I'll have a friend take some pics of me this weekend and post them. As far as the procedure itself, I was given valium, lortab, phenagran and an antibiotic. The procedure was very painful, especially the lipo of my arms. I will never do anything like this again without being under general anesthesia. On my left outer thigh, part of the area wasn't treated with Cellulaze that I thought would be treated so I am disappointed about that. I was charged an additional amount the day of the procedure to bring the treatment area up to 48 squares making the total $8,500. Some of the flank area that I thought would be treated with lipo wasn't treated. I have a follow up appointment next week and will discuss these areas with the doc at that time. I'm just not sure about the results of the lipo yet; I guess it's too soon to tell...trying to remain optimistic. Overall, I know I will see a huge improvement from the areas that were treated with Cellulaze, but I won't really know how much until I go back to the dreaded NY&Co dressing room in 3 or so months. :-) Been wearing the Marena compression garment, phase I non-stop...highly recommend it.
Your results are phenomenal! I'm jealous!!!! I want to get cellulaze on my legs as well!!!
Thank you!! I haven't really seen any results yet but the cellulite did go away temporarily in the areas treated because of the swelling. I had lipo in several areas and all the fat that was taken out of me was 300 ml. The container said 600 ml but half of that was the tumescent fluid. I am really quite disappointed, but I am trying to remain positive about the situation.
You look amazing!!!!! Your body is gorgeous! I hope you love the results! Thanks for sharing your experience

Marked off the day of the procedure - pics

Wish I had been marked off before taking the lortabs and valiums and in front of a mirror so I could see that the PS did not mark all of my posterior flanks! Not sure it would have mattered though. Disappointed I went through that much pain (literally cried when he did my upper arms) and only half of a pound of fat was removed from me...300 ml of fat and 300 ml of tumescent fluid. I had hoped for at least a couple of pounds between my abdomen and back flanks! I think maybe the Cellulaze took a long time and it was getting late in the day so he rushed to finish. I'm still trying to remain positive about the situation and allowing the PS the opportunity to rectify the situation. Everyone has bad days and everyone makes mistakes. I'm still excited about the potential results of the Cellulaze even though an area was missed. Overall, I am very thankful and feel blessed to be healthy and have the means to pursue self improvement. :-)

Marked off the day of the procedure - pics

Missed one. This is one of the most important ones! This shows the back/posterior flanks that I had hoped would be suctioned.

Advice on Compression Garment Selections

I struggled with compression garment selections since they were not provided by my PS's office. I want to share what I ended up using in case you find it useful. I got a Stage 1 garment from Marena Group in size Medium. It fit perfectly. It had a hook and eye closure up the side and then zipped so it was not super painful to take off/put on like the super tight spanx type products after the procedure. Here is a link to the product. Also, note the straps in the bra area can be fastened in the middle above the bow on the front to avoid putting pressure on the anterior axillary area (bra fat area) if you had work/lipo there. http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-40-1st-stage-suit-with-suspenders-and-medium-legs.aspx. I also ordered this product in a Medium for my upper arm liposuction but I tried it on and it seemed too small and overall uncomfortable so I returned it. http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-77-low-cut-female-vest.aspx. I ended up going with this arm shaper product from Amazon in a size Small. I found it somewhat uncomfortable also but I cut the sleeves off and just used them like sport sleeves for compression for the first few days/week. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088OJWUY/ref=oh_details_o01_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. For my chin lipo, I used this product from Marena in a size Small. It worked great. I probably could have used a Medium but it was adjustable velcro so it worked. http://marenagroup.com/garmentstore/product/tabid/199/p-62-surgical-chin-strap-with-no-neck-support.aspx.

Hope this info. helps! :-)

Five days after procedure - update on leg bruising due to Cellulaze - one treatment area missed

These pics are from 5 days after the procedure. I marked the spot on my left leg with eye liner that was missed. There was no pain, sensitivity, bruising, or swelling to the skin or underlying tissue in that area at all whatsoever. The PS still adamantly states the area was treated but I just don't believe that is possible without having seen or felt any signs of treatment in that area. From my initial NY&Co (worst lighting ever) cellulite pics, it is obvious that is an area of significant cellulite. I'm not wondering how much it will cost to have a PS go back in and treat even a small area. It was explained to me originally that the fixed costs including the cannula that delivers the laser energy are a lot, so I'm guessing it will be $2,000+ to have that small area treated. If anyone who reads this has any insight on the cost, please let me know. I may get a quote eventually (not that I am prepared at this point to throw any more money at this effort!).

It is now day 11 and most of the bruising on my legs is gone, as well as the pain. I plan on taking and posting updated pics this weekend.
You are so right about being "marked" while on the MEDS, I had the same problem, I told my Dr that the area we discussed at the visit prior to the procedure was not done, he said you saw the markings I did that day and didn't say anything....yes you are right as I was quite medicated and couldn't tell left from right at that point, and I trusted the discussion at the appointment before the procedure was what you had documented and were going to do. It would be a good idea to probably be marked and have pictures to bring to the procedure on the day to not have this happen with questionable areas. Just putting it out there for future Cellulaze patients to be sure of what areas are being treated, the Dr's tend to forget what they spoke to you about quickly and being medicated with valium and Percocet for a lot of people kinda makes you not the best person to be "sharp" and fully aware of what is taking place, my driver can attest to that also. Couldn't remember the ride home...LOL!!
Thanks for sharing your experience with me. It makes me feel a little better to know I'm not in this boat all alone! I hope those reading our reviews will learn from our experiences and do what you have suggested. I went in for TWO consultations and was specific about the areas to be treated both times and I was alert enough at the time he marked me to be specific about it (but not to realize he hadn't marked my back flanks/waist appropriately!). It was NOT my fault I wasn't marked correctly for lipo of my posterior flanks/waist and that a section of the Cellulaze (that WAS clearly marked) was missed. Everyone makes mistakes; just own up to them and offer to fix them! After having been blamed by the PS for this situation, after him insisting that all of the proper areas were treated, and after multiple calls to his office requesting/begging the situation be made right by additional treatment at a later date, I don't know that anything but a partial refund would make me satisfied with the experience at this point. I don't want to go through all of that pain and indignity again.
Great info, I'll check it out. Thanks!

Day 12 was the worst

I spoke too soon about most of the pain being gone. I woke up on Day 12 and felt as though I had a bad sunburn and someone kept slapping me on it. I read someone else's review and they described it that way and it is exactly correct. Day 13 (yesterday) was much better though. Today, I'm feeling odd sensations in just some places where I believe the numbness is starting to wear off.

I did not take any pics this weekend as planned but today or tomorrow, I WILL make time.

Cellulaze Cost - Price for Treatment of Small Area Missed - Just FYI

Through a lot of research/reading, I believe I determined what happened with my treatment area getting cut short. The explanation a doctor provides here: http://www.realself.com/forum/cost-cellulaze helped it make sense to me. The procedure requires fibers and the fibers must be loaded with the required number of joules to get the job done. I believe the doctor estimates before the procedure how many fibers will be needed and how many joules will be needed so he can load the fibers with that number of joules. In short, the surgeon must prepare for the procedure in advance by having the fibers on hand loaded with the necessary joules; no flying by the seat of pants! In my case, I believe the doctor underestimated and ran out before he completed the whole area. I believe he had only done a couple of prior Cellulaze cases (his wife and his assistant) as he did not have any before and after pics for me to view. It is a crying shame (literally...I've cried over it) that he won't admit this to me. But, as the doctor explains at this link http://www.realself.com/forum/cost-cellulaze , the start up costs alone for Cellulaze are $3,000. That would be admitting a $3,000 mistake as it will cost me that much at minimum to have another doc go back in and treat the missed area with Cellulaze. I feel much better now understanding that. When I went for my follow up, he stated he used 1.5 fibers on me and I didn't know what that meant; now, I do. Even with warning signs (like no before and after pics), I still went into the procedure with confidence in the surgeon. This leads me to believe that he can (and probably does) do good work when he is adequately prepared for it. As for my Smart Lipo areas not being given adequate treatment, he did not start on me until almost 2:00 pm, I believe the Cellulaze likely lasted 4 hours. By that point, it was 6:00 pm and he and his staff were ready to go home, I'm sure. I think he rushed through the lipo in the next 1 hour as I was leaving by 7:30 pm. I believe this was his Office Manager's fault (or whoever allowed so much work be scheduled in an afternoon) rather than his. I believe if not for his Officer Manager (AKA his wife!) calling the shots, he would be more focused on customer satisfaction. Instead of owning up to this though, he insisted all of the areas were treated and treated adequately. They were not and I am now healing but with the realistic expectation that I will not see results in all of the areas planned.

I advise anyone preparing for a Cellulaze procedure to ask for patient references, before and after pics, have the area drawn off in a trial run before the surgery and request pics of it, ask the surgeon how many fibers he plans on using and how many joules...be informed...act informed! That way, your experience will be better than mine.

Day 20 - Sunburn-like Pain

I woke up this morning with burning pain again (like sunburn). This was in the areas treated with Cellulaze and my upper arms treated with Smart Lipo. I think this may be associated with having consumed a few alcoholic beverages last night. I will avoid those in the future to see if it makes a difference as this pain is no fun at all.
Thank you for this very helpful account of your procedure. I am somewhat concerned after reading the problems you encountered and wonder if it is possible to arrange a personal conversation. Again thanks so much and best wishes for a great result.
I don't want to worry you. Number 1, make sure you go with a doctor who has plenty of good reviews for lipo and cellulaze. You are welcome to private message me. I would be glad to give you more info./advice based on my experience.
Wow, most of your bruising is gone already, I envy you, hee. It sounds like you're going to have good results because I'm 4 months post op and I still have much bruising and lumps. And I'm not sure, but I think my cellulite actually looks worse than it did before the procedure. I know what you mean about a feeling of sunburn, I felt that same sensation for a couple of weeks. It will go away. I liked the Marena garment too, I even wore it a week or two longer because it felt better having that support. You're doing good, thanks for sharing your info. :)

Three Weeks

I apologize for not posting updated pics yet. I took some myself but you couldn't tell much. I must have a friend take some for me. Must make time! I WILL. Eventually. No, soon!! Most all of my bruising is gone. I assume it may be because I wasn't treated as aggressively as some. I typically bruise VERY easily, so it surprises me. I'm still taking Bromelain and I take a multivitamin, B-12, iron and milk thistle supplement daily. My iron and B-12 are always borderline acceptable levels, so that's why I take those. Not sure if any of that helps the brusiing, but just in case... I am still swollen. Nothing is smaller. I can barely squeeze into some of my jeans. :( Thank God it's summer so I can dress lightly!! :)
how's your body right know? did cellulite reduced?
Thanks so much for the extensive review! I have been to a consult and smart lipo of hips/outer thighs & cellulaze on inner/outer thighs & buttocks was suggested. I was wondering if you have any new progress pics and as of today, are you happy with your results?
Improvement cannot be seen in any of the pics I've taken recently but please don't let my experience deter you if you're going with a good doctor.

Last Review

I have been depressed about the procedures and the results. There has been a small amount of improvement to the areas that were treated with Cellulaze. The area that was missed for Cellulaze has shown no signs of improvement (of course). And, the lipo was a flop, in general. One of my arms is a little more toned but the arm he lipoed last (the one that I woke up during, in excruciating pain) looks just as flabby as before. I hate it. At least they were both the same before. There is absolutely no evidence of any lipo performed on my abdomen, flanks and inner thighs. In fact, because of the break I took from the gym, and because I have been depressed about the results and unmotived, I have not been working out as hard and have gained a few pounds. I look worse than before these procedures. It's horrible. I don't even feel like taking pictures of myself anymore, much less posting them. I can tell a small amount of fat was removed from under my chin; however, more was taken from the left side than the right side and it looks uneven, so I'm not happy with that result either. I'm not satisfied with any of it. Looking back, I had some concerns but tried my best to convince myself that I was just nervous and everything would be fine. I was wrong. If you're reading this, please think long and hard about your choice of doctors. If you don't have a good feeling about the doctor, his office manager, his staff, his experience, their advise (or lack thereof like in my experience, regarding the compression garments), etc., RUN, not walk away. These procedures are expensive, painful, and recovery is painful and time consuming. With that said, some people have excellent experiences and results. So, please don't let my reviews deter you from attempting to improve yourself to feel better about yourself and live life to the fullest. I am mostly healed and all that I lost was money, time and positive morale, and I gained some suffering and some lessons learned. It could have been worse. I thank God for my fortune. Best wishes.

Last Review, Supplement :-)

I forgot about the anterior axillary or bra fat region connecting the arm to the chest. I wasn't thinking about it because it has been the only area that has not caused me angish. I can't say that it was worth all the money that I ended up paying for all of it, but I do see a subtle difference and it looks as though I expected it would; if not for the unnecessary and extreme pain I experienced during that part of the procedure, I would say it was worth it. Would I do it again like that (awake with the area not sufficently numbed) to produce this result? Absolutely not. Maybe I will feel up to posting pics one day soon...
Hi, I am happy you took the time to review, its so helpful to all of us. I understand the disappointment and I worry about that myself bc its such a huge investment. You do look beautiful, both before and after. Thank you for your honest opinion as I dont feel the need now to waste money on the cellulaze. I hope my thigh and stomach lipo is worth it. Please keep updating :) Take care!
Thank you for your comments. I think cellulaze could produce great results in the hands of the right doctor. Best of luck to you on your lipo!
I am sorry for your bad result. I had a botched lipo before when i was just 19, stupid and ignorant. I any case it has been 5 years now, i want to try cellulaze to improve some bumbs on my lef thigh. How is your result now, just looking at the cellulaze.. ?

No progress

After months of sending letter after letter and trying to get this doc to give me a partial refund of $3,000 (which I considered more than fair considering I paid him $8,575), I filed a small claims court case against him which went to court this month. The judge refused to even hear my arguments or view my evidence (shut me down before I even had a chance to speak) because I did not have an “expert witness” present which he claimed was required to prove medical malpractice, standard of care. I thought it was a simple contract law case but maybe not? I don’t think I’m going to appeal. I didn’t expect to recover any of the monies; if I had of, I would have gotten an attorney. I sued him because of the principle of the matter. I couldn’t just do nothing and feel good about myself knowing that this “doctor” likely continues to take advantage of patients. I also filed a complaint with the state board of medical examiners and with the office of civil rights for HIPAA violation (took me 1 year to obtain my medical record and then my record contained fabricated documents). Not much came out of those actions either; however, it made me feel better to do something!! My advice to you…file similar complaints if you find yourself likewise harmed…it takes more than one person to make a difference! I have since found reviews/complaints from other patients alleging this doc and his wife/office staff treated them similarly (took their money, didn’t perform all of the services as agreed/paid, and didn’t answer phone calls, letters, etc. afterwards…check other websites too, such as the vitals(dot)com one and realize that some good reviews are likely fabricated, especially those lacking details). By the way, I have learned that this plastic surgeon is filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, which likely means he will be allowed to keep his business and “tools of the trade” but unsecured debts will be discharged. That means other people and businesses are losing money at the hands of David Joseph Gray also! It’s just not right/ethical!! Yet, he continues to “practice” unscathed. It is extremely important that you choose the right doctor for your procedures! Do your homework!!
Wow. It's horrible your case wasn't even heard. I would have gotten a lawyer oN Gp. But California is the most litigious state. How are you doing? Thank you for sharing your journey.
Thanks. I probably should've gotten an attorney but I'm over it now. I just hate it for anyone else who finds themselves in a similar situation with this doc. I'm doing great otherwise. Thanks for asking!
I am glad it's over and you are moving forward. Glad he went bankrupt but not good he kept his tools :/ Have a Happy Thursday.
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

I thought this doctor would be good when I chose him for my procedures and paid him $8,575. I was badly mistaken. The services I paid him for were not performed as agreed. I went into his office for a consultation for laser cellulite treatment and before I knew it, was talked into having smart lipo as well (or I should say paying for it but not having it!). I hate even telling people that I've had lipo because there is no evidence that I have and the whole situation is embarrassing. Regarding the procedure itself, I woke up during the procedure in excruciating pain. I don't believe I was sufficiently numbed/medicated. Then, the doctor not only denied missing an area of treatment for Cellulaze (which showed NO signs of treatment and had most obviously not been treated), but the smart lipo was a flop with only 1/2 a pound of fat removed, even though multiple areas were supposedly treated and I was led to believe that my skin would be firmed/tightened and at least a few pounds of fat would be removed. When I confronted him, the doc actually admitted my posterior flanks had not been treated and blamed me, stating I was awake when he "marked" me for surgery and I voiced no objection. I WAS awake but I was medicated with lortab, valium, etc. at that time and I wasn't marked in front of a mirror nor do I have eyes on the back of my head. He and I had discussed the procedures to be performed on two previous occassions and it had all already been agreed upon before I paid him. I had faith, as I should have, that the doctor cared about my satisfaction and would get it right. A couple of days after my procedure, I requested that the areas missed and mis-treated be treated immediately while I had taken time off from work. After that point, I called multiple times asking for his office manager/wife, but she never came to the phone. I finally requested a partial refund. One of his staff members stated they would not give me a partial refund but stated Dr. Gray would "retreat" the areas in October if I did not see improvement, although they stated all of the areas were treated and were treated properly. I requested that statement in writing and never received it. At this point, after being lied to by Dr. Gray and his staff, I don't trust a word uttered by him or his staff. I recommend you save your money and avoid this doctor at all costs. It is extremely unlikely, in my opinion, that you will have good results if you use this doctor. He didn't have many reviews online and I'm now convinced a couple of the reviews on this site were made by fictitious people. These procedures are painful and recovery is painful and takes a lot of time, including time missed from work. I am extremely unhappy with my experience and wish I could go back in time and change the choice that I made. I am looking forward to putting this behind me. I pray no one else has to go through what I went through. Good luck to you and God Bless.