42Y/o 5'2Mom of 3 with 38GBreasts (Fastly Approaching the Next Size) ThinkingAbout BR and Something Tummyrelated. Huntsville, AL

Hi RS Family, Sorry for the long post but here...

Hi RS Family,
Sorry for the long post but here goes. I "think" I've finally decided to take the plunge and get a BR and then a TT or some other lower parts procedure thereafter.
Breast History: I've had large breasts (perky I might add) for as long as I can remember since developing, but was still always active with dance, sports, etc. However, after my 3rd baby about 8 years ago, the "girls" just never recovered. What once had been big and perky and considered shapely, had now morphed into long, pendulous, heavy, mammoths on the front of my body. Low back pain, mid back pain, and just plain pain with bra pinching/digging and ye old 4 boob syndrome has been my story since then. My GP did a Thermagram Breast Cancer scan about 2 years ago and once he was done talking with me about my cancer results being negative, he then launched into telling me how my entire back showed severe inflammation where my breast were pulling on the muscles and causing them to show-up redder than fire on the scan. He then told me he thought I might want to consider a breast reduction. I passed it off and continued to suffer over the next two years until about 6 months ago when I just became sick and tired of fighting with my bras (especially sports bras or lack thereof), never fitting clothes, and not being able to do a lot of exercises because of the heft in front. Embarrassingly, my sons tell me that my top part gets in the way when we are playing and jumping, etc. My hubby is good with how I am right now, but he supports me if I decide to do this and just wants me to be happy, pain free, and able to comfortably exercise. I've had 3 consults with 3 different PS' over the past 3 months (and been approved by my insurance for each) here in my town and after finally deciding on the PS I might allow to do the surgery, I get a letter stating that the PS will be relocating to another state this week!! Back at square 1!!!
Tummy History: Before I was 1 year old, I developed an inguinal hernia. The doc recommended to my mom that the hernia be removed as it was protruding quite a bit and would likely only get bigger. As with lots of belly-related surgeries in that day and time, I was cut across from hip bone to hip bone. Fast forward over the course of my life, I can't ever remember having a flat stomach or being able to achieve one. I've always had a lower pooch even while running track, doing crunches, doing aerobics and basically being physically fit and active in every other sense. I think this might be related to the fact that my muscles were cut and weakened during that surgery long ago. Now after 3 kiddies and a partial laparoscopic hysterectomy (still have my ov's), my tummy is out of control. While carrying the last baby (he really did a number on his mommy, but he is so sweet I can't be mad at him!!), my OB/GYN told me that I had developed a hernia under my belly. There was literally a lump sticking out of the area where my pubic hair was!! We never addressed the hernia again. So, I was chatting with my cousin about 6 or 7 months ago (a few months after having her last baby) and she told me that she was having a TT because she still looked as if she was preggers half a year after having her daughter and it was due to a hernia. It got me to thinking...is that what is wrong with my tummy??? I promise, I still look like I'm 8 months preggers and it has been 8 years since my last son made his debut!!! Granted, I now weigh 208 pounds (I've lost 4 pounds in the last 2 weeks as I'm trying everything I can to lose some weight - I need to lose about 40 pounds to feel comfortable) but when I have lost weight, I still have this tummy. So bummed...
I'm including some very embarrassing pics of how I look now....this was very hard for me...I manage to girdle up and batten down pretty well when I'm in my clothing, but nude...I feel disgusting...
So, RS Family, now that you know my story, can some of you share your thoughts regarding what I should do about:
A. As a 5'2 curvy hourglass woman, what size should I go down to from a 38G? Somehow, I plan to lose weight and hopefully get down to a curvy 170 or so (by the way does anyone have any suggestions for weightloss plans/programs for over 40 women??). If don't meet my goal, I still want to look balanced since I do have hips, etc. I promise there was a waist under there somewhere!!

B. Given my belly and the history/pics I've posted, what kind of lower part procedure do you think would work best for me? TT, Lipo, etc.? Would insurance cover this?

C. To my ethnic sisters out there (especially those of AA and Hispanic decent), if I happen to keloid, what can be done?

Any advice and feedback is welcomed. Thanks so much and please have any awesomely blessed day!!

Went to Another Consult and I think....

So, I went to another BR consult today in the next town over....AND....I think I'm finally going to go for it!!! I met with Dr. James Grotting and his staff at Grotting & Cohn Plastic Surgery in Birmingham, AL and it was a fantastic appointment. Dr. Grotting is very knowledgeable, calm, and reassuring and doesn't mind questions at all. I felt very at ease chatting with he and his nurse and believe that I will get great results. He says that he will likely remove about 500 g per breast which will take me down to a "full D" cup. I may ask to go to a "full C" or a "small D" but we'll see how it goes. I trust his opinion from what he stated about my body shape/type without me having to say anything. I've tentatively scheduled the surgery for Friday, December 5, 2014 and hope I won't chicken out before then. Insurance has already approved the BR so now it's hurry up and wait.

In terms of the tummy, he suggested a TT with flanks done also. Unfortunately, it looks like that will have to come out of pocket so it might be a while before I am able to get that done. I've been trying to lose some weight and have been successful at going from 212, to 208, now down to 205. Doesn't seem like much, but my goal is to be under 200 pounds, maybe around 180-190 before the BR surgery. I'll update again soon. TTFN!
Dr. James C. Grotting

Dr. Grotting is located in Birmingham, AL however, I live in Huntsville, AL. I felt very comfortable with him during my consultation appointment and his staff was very kind and attentive. Several of them have been with him since the late 90's which I think says a lot. Will keep you posted

well done on the weight loss, and you will find it so much easier post BR. I have also joined a gym, something I never thought I would do, and my tummy is improving!!!! good luck with the surgery, be well informed, well prepared, realistic and positive and it will be a great experience
Thanks so much Peediewife!! I'm trying to get this weight to budge but this over 40 thing is an uphill battle!! Thanks for the well wishes. I am SO nervous about the surgery as I don't want to go through all of this and end up not being happy. I'll check in later!
Welcome to the community.  Glad you are here and I look forward to watching your journey take place.  I started with a breast reduction, lost weight and then had a tummy tuck.  It's a great route to take and I am sure you will be happy in the end.  Take a look at my reviews and you will see the progression.
Hi Kimmers25. Thanks so much for the encouragement and support. Your pics look awesome!! Hoping to get my nerve up to go through with the procedures I want to have. My PS relocated so now I have to go through the process of selecting another one.
Take your time and don't rush.   You will find a new surgeon once you begin the search.  We are all here to help you through.
Thanks so much. I have an appt with a PA in a town about 1.5 hours away from where I live, so we'll see how it goes. By the way, how did you lose the 70 pounds??? I desperately need to lose 40 and would like to lose 20 before surgery. Thanks!
I went on the Weight Watcher program and loved it!.  I also worked out in the gym 4-5 times a week.  It wasn't easy but was worth it.  I lost the first 60 in 6 months.
Wow, Kimmer25!!! Proud of you!! I'm trying to work out at least 3 times a week and have cut out carbs/gluten/dairy/sugar except for one day of the week when I can eat what I want. Hopefully, I'll have a story like yours in the next few months. Thanks again for responding and I'll update you on how my consult goes with the PS in the next town over!
Keep at it and you will get there.  I had plenty of frustrating days I assure you.  It's crazy how our bodies change with stress, hormones etc.  I will be anxious to hear back from you and see how everything is going.

Have you seen our Weight Loss Community?