38 Years Old, 13 Days out - Huntsville, AL

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my...

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my chest X-ray tomorrow. Dr said I should be down to a C-cup after surgery. DDD to C... Outstanding!

Although my insurance has approved the BR in still worried about out of pocket cost. Still not stopping me from having this done, I'm tired of all the pain.

Pre-admission, blood work, chest X-ray

Finished all my pre-op testing. Now the waiting begins. 12 days left .

10 days out!

I'm so ready!

Sickness in home!

My son woke up with a cold! Coughing, running nose, ect. Praying this mama doesn't get it . Surgery is next week.

Before BR

3 days out!

2 days out!

Yikes! this is really going to happen. 2 days until smaller tatas!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I have to be at the hospital at 9am. I'll update when I can.

Today is the day

Needless to say I didn't sleep all to well last night...nervousness. We will be leaving for the hospital in a hour. See y'all on the other side.

On the other side

I made it. 800+ grams removed from each breast. Very sleepy. I will update more later.

I'm home!

BR went just as planned. Dr Gray removed 808 grams from both sides. Surgery took 4hours and then I went to recovery for an hour. My hubby was waiting on me in my room and said I will be very pleased with the results. I was not in much pain and didn't ask any meds until later that evening. Slept okay, its hard to sleep when nurses are continiously taking your vitials.

This morning Dr. Gray removed the drains and I got a glimpse of the new girls. Wow! I've never had small girl. They are alittle square, but know that will change. I'm really impressed.

I am finaly home and have little pain. Let the recovering begin!

After BR

Here are my new girls!

First shower

I was allowed to take a shower today! It was amazing. Not much pain and the incisions look good. It has only been 1 day since BR and I'm impressed on how well I feel and look.

A little sore

Today the bruising has really shown up and I'm snore under the arms. On a scale 1-10 pain is 2. All and all I feel great. Using ice packs for the swelling and still take a pain pill at night. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

4 days post

So far so good. I'm able to take a shower and wash my hair. I tire out easily so I have to rest often. If got some nice bruising but pain is tolerable.

6/7 days post-op

post op appointment today was yesterday. Everything is healing properly and I feel good. Pathology results were clean. 807 grams removed from right breast and 884 grams removed from left. Still swelling where lipo was done but pain is subsiding. During the day I can take extra-strength Tylenol and feel fine. Some evenings I need the pain meds.

Today, I'm feeling blah. Not sure why. Guess it's just one of those days.

Tired of wearing a bra 24/7

Feeling good. Bruising is going away and swelling is not too terrible. I'm tired of wearing a compression bra 24/7. I understand it is all part of the recovery but I'm ready to go braless ! Lol

Hurting today

I have not done much today, but I'm hurting. I actually took a pain pill. I woke up last night sleeping on my side, guess that could be the reason I'm sore. Oh well guess we have good days and bad.

3 weeks post-op

Went to PS today and everything looks great! Healing was better than expected.
I was sad to learn that PS is moving his practice to Mississippi. I wish him the best of luck and a big thanks for my new smaller girls!

4 weeks post

Feeling good. Swelling is going down everyday. I'm going to play tennis tomorrow for an hour. Easing back into it.

4 week post op pic

5 weeks post op

Ready for new bras!

6.5 weeks post

Today I went to Belk and got measured. I'm still slightly swollen on the sides BUT a 38 C fit great! I'm so excited! DDD/E to a C in 6 weeks. Love my little "girls"

Great Wirefree Bra

3 months post

Feel great! Slightly swollen at lipo site, but overall swelling is gone. Back to normal activity.
Pre op bra size: 38 ddd