38 Years Old, 13 Days out - Huntsville, AL

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my...

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my chest X-ray tomorrow. Dr said I should be down to a C-cup after surgery. DDD to C... Outstanding!

Although my insurance has approved the BR in still worried about out of pocket cost. Still not stopping me from having this done, I'm tired of all the pain.

Pre-admission, blood work, chest X-ray

Finished all my pre-op testing. Now the waiting begins. 12 days left .

10 days out!

I'm so ready!

Sickness in home!

My son woke up with a cold! Coughing, running nose, ect. Praying this mama doesn't get it . Surgery is next week.

Before BR

3 days out!

2 days out!

Yikes! this is really going to happen. 2 days until smaller tatas!

Tomorrow is the big day!

I have to be at the hospital at 9am. I'll update when I can.

Today is the day

Needless to say I didn't sleep all to well last night...nervousness. We will be leaving for the hospital in a hour. See y'all on the other side.

On the other side

I made it. 800+ grams removed from each breast. Very sleepy. I will update more later.

I'm home!

BR went just as planned. Dr Gray removed 808 grams from both sides. Surgery took 4hours and then I went to recovery for an hour. My hubby was waiting on me in my room and said I will be very pleased with the results. I was not in much pain and didn't ask any meds until later that evening. Slept okay, its hard to sleep when nurses are continiously taking your vitials.

This morning Dr. Gray removed the drains and I got a glimpse of the new girls. Wow! I've never had small girl. They are alittle square, but know that will change. I'm really impressed.

I am finaly home and have little pain. Let the recovering begin!

After BR

Here are my new girls!

First shower

I was allowed to take a shower today! It was amazing. Not much pain and the incisions look good. It has only been 1 day since BR and I'm impressed on how well I feel and look.

A little sore

Today the bruising has really shown up and I'm snore under the arms. On a scale 1-10 pain is 2. All and all I feel great. Using ice packs for the swelling and still take a pain pill at night. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

4 days post

So far so good. I'm able to take a shower and wash my hair. I tire out easily so I have to rest often. If got some nice bruising but pain is tolerable.

6/7 days post-op

post op appointment today was yesterday. Everything is healing properly and I feel good. Pathology results were clean. 807 grams removed from right breast and 884 grams removed from left. Still swelling where lipo was done but pain is subsiding. During the day I can take extra-strength Tylenol and feel fine. Some evenings I need the pain meds.

Today, I'm feeling blah. Not sure why. Guess it's just one of those days.

Tired of wearing a bra 24/7

Feeling good. Bruising is going away and swelling is not too terrible. I'm tired of wearing a compression bra 24/7. I understand it is all part of the recovery but I'm ready to go braless ! Lol

Hurting today

I have not done much today, but I'm hurting. I actually took a pain pill. I woke up last night sleeping on my side, guess that could be the reason I'm sore. Oh well guess we have good days and bad.

3 weeks post-op

Went to PS today and everything looks great! Healing was better than expected.
I was sad to learn that PS is moving his practice to Mississippi. I wish him the best of luck and a big thanks for my new smaller girls!

4 weeks post

Feeling good. Swelling is going down everyday. I'm going to play tennis tomorrow for an hour. Easing back into it.

4 week post op pic

5 weeks post op

Ready for new bras!

6.5 weeks post

Today I went to Belk and got measured. I'm still slightly swollen on the sides BUT a 38 C fit great! I'm so excited! DDD/E to a C in 6 weeks. Love my little "girls"

Great Wirefree Bra

Dr David Gray

You look amazing im a DDD as well and i want to go down to a C. You give me hope. Your Doctor did an amazing job.
Thank you!
You look great! So sorry to hear that Dr. Gray is relocating. Hope Dr. Durst can produce results like yours!
Dr Durst is looking after Dr Grays patients once he relocates. I have heard good things about Dr Durst.
That's encouraging. I plan to have a consult with him and will see how it goes. If not, I guess I'll be off to Birmingham or Nashville to find a PS.
How did it go? :)
Looking great!
Goodness, tennis at 4 weeks post op is a bit ambitious, be careful. Any rubbing of incisions can cause holes.
Peediewife I'm not going play a match, I'm just going to hit balls to see what I can handle. I'm not ready for a match.
I was just going to say... It's an intense upper body sport, I can't even imagine doing it right now...
Well I would not have done anything involving my upper body and arms at 4 weeks.
Glad you're feeling better!
Yay! I'm so happy you're doing well. I am to for the most part. I have found that the humidity bothers my incision. I just want to air them out lol
I live in humidity hell, lol!
Oh yeah, I forgot. Haha.
What size were you before? What size did you ask to be after BR? Thanks for your story!
I was a 38ddd and told him I would like to be no bigger than a c-cup. I'm still have swelling so I'm not sure what size I'll be. when you look at my before and after pics you can tell I'm much smaller.
You look amazing!!!
you look wonderful, enjoy mammoplectstacy!
You look great. I was beginning to wonder where you were. Haven't seen you on here. You look good, glad you're doing well.
Thank you! How are you feeling?
I feel pretty good. I wore the wrong bra yesterday, so I was sorer than usual by the end of the night. Learn a lesson: save the unsupportive comfy bra for night time lol
I can relate to that!! Cannot do 1 day without my Marena B2 bra. Once I went grocery shopping in a bra that my PS gave me and was sorry by the end of the day... sore!
Hi there! First of all, you look great. Congratulations!! I am curious about the lipo that you mentioned. Where did you have it done (under your armpit, underarms, etc.?) and was it included in your cost or did you have to supplement the expense? I'm asking because I called the ps and asked about it and am getting ready to go in for a 2nd consultation to discuss. I think I'll need it under the armpit and thought that he'd automatically provide it with the br, but not it sounds as though that is not the case. Thank you in advance!
Lipo was done under my arms. My insurance has covered my BR so I can't comment on the price. My PS told me lipo was part of BR along with the breast lift.