38 Years Old, 13 Days out - Huntsville, AL

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my...

Pre-op today. Got my mammogram and will get my chest X-ray tomorrow. Dr said I should be down to a C-cup after surgery. DDD to C... Outstanding!

Although my insurance has approved the BR in still worried about out of pocket cost. Still not stopping me from having this done, I'm tired of all the pain.

Pre-admission, blood work, chest X-ray

Finished all my pre-op testing. Now the waiting begins. 12 days left .
All the best for your surgery.
Thank you!
Getting my BR on July 23. Good blessings and wishes to you for a successful br!

10 days out!

I'm so ready!

Sickness in home!

My son woke up with a cold! Coughing, running nose, ect. Praying this mama doesn't get it . Surgery is next week.

Before BR

3 days out!
Wishing you the best of luck Wednesday! Mine is tomorrow! :) this week will be life changing for us both!
Yes it will. I will keep you in my prayers. Keep posting on your recovery! Blessings.

2 days out!

Yikes! this is really going to happen. 2 days until smaller tatas!
good luck, remember prune juice to drink post op to prevent constipation and a pillow in the car for the seatbelt on the ride home
Thx peediewife
Good Luck for your Surgery Date ! Soon - before you know it - you'll be on the other side !

Tomorrow is the big day!

I have to be at the hospital at 9am. I'll update when I can.
Good luck with your surgery. You'll love the outcome.
Good luck with surgery!
Good luck! It will all turn our fabulously!

Today is the day

Needless to say I didn't sleep all to well last night...nervousness. We will be leaving for the hospital in a hour. See y'all on the other side.
Best wishes and prayers!
Good luck! See you in the itty bitty titty world! :) it's fabulous here!
Good luck, it won't be long now. Give us an update when you're done

On the other side

I made it. 800+ grams removed from each breast. Very sleepy. I will update more later.
Congrats! Get plenty of rest, 800gram sound like a relief!! Yay!!!!
Congrats, glad you made it over to the small side.
YAY ! WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE ! Let us all know how you're doing !

I'm home!

BR went just as planned. Dr Gray removed 808 grams from both sides. Surgery took 4hours and then I went to recovery for an hour. My hubby was waiting on me in my room and said I will be very pleased with the results. I was not in much pain and didn't ask any meds until later that evening. Slept okay, its hard to sleep when nurses are continiously taking your vitials.

This morning Dr. Gray removed the drains and I got a glimpse of the new girls. Wow! I've never had small girl. They are alittle square, but know that will change. I'm really impressed.

I am finaly home and have little pain. Let the recovering begin!

After BR

Here are my new girls!
Very nice, enjoy and rest
Speedy recovery! I've just been approved for a breast reduction myself. Surgery in the fall!

First shower

I was allowed to take a shower today! It was amazing. Not much pain and the incisions look good. It has only been 1 day since BR and I'm impressed on how well I feel and look.
Well done, sounds like you are on your way to a great recovery and result. I was off all pain meds by 28 hrs post op but had a dressing on for a week, after which the first shower felt wonderful!
Wow they look nice! It nice that you got to take a shower. I was told I could take one now, but my hubby wants me to wait until he takes the drains out.
The PS took the drains out this morning. I stayed in the hospital 22hrs,

A little sore

Today the bruising has really shown up and I'm snore under the arms. On a scale 1-10 pain is 2. All and all I feel great. Using ice packs for the swelling and still take a pain pill at night. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Bromelain taken 3 -4 times a day between meals can really help with the swelling, sounds like you are doing great, especially not taking pain meds as they can cause problems in themselves
I'm three days post op and was curious if I should let the girls "breathe" no dressing or bra. Advice?
I would say so, maybe 30 mins twice a day, a good time is after showering to let things dry out really well

4 days post

So far so good. I'm able to take a shower and wash my hair. I tire out easily so I have to rest often. If got some nice bruising but pain is tolerable.
This is great news...you must be so happy. Glad to hear the pain is at a minimum.

6/7 days post-op

post op appointment today was yesterday. Everything is healing properly and I feel good. Pathology results were clean. 807 grams removed from right breast and 884 grams removed from left. Still swelling where lipo was done but pain is subsiding. During the day I can take extra-strength Tylenol and feel fine. Some evenings I need the pain meds.

Today, I'm feeling blah. Not sure why. Guess it's just one of those days.
WELCOME TO THE OTHER SIDE ! You will feel so much better with Less Boobage ! :-)

Tired of wearing a bra 24/7

Feeling good. Bruising is going away and swelling is not too terrible. I'm tired of wearing a compression bra 24/7. I understand it is all part of the recovery but I'm ready to go braless ! Lol
Oh mercy, the 24/7 bra wearing just about wore me out! My PS told me to do it though, for the first 2 months. I quit wearing one at night about a week before he told me to. After he said I didn't have to wear one at night, I told him I already stopped. He just shook his head and grinned! As far as the hardness and swelling, I didn't have the hardness that a lot of women have mentioned. Didn't really see that much swelling either---sure I had some, just didn't affect me. I took Bromelain for a few weeks, but didn't see any difference so stopped taking it. What helped me most during the time of incessant "zingers" shooting through my boobs was to place tiny ice packs on top of the girls, just inside the top of my soft sports bras. Ice made the biggest difference for me. Well take care of yourself and let your family do that too!
Are you taking any BROMELAIN for the Swelling ? That helped me MORE than ANYTHING !
It is good to take the bra off for half an hour twice a day to let everything air and dry out, especially after showering. Not everyone gets told to wear a compression bra, i just wore a comfortable post surgery bra, see my review, my result speaks for itself

Hurting today

I have not done much today, but I'm hurting. I actually took a pain pill. I woke up last night sleeping on my side, guess that could be the reason I'm sore. Oh well guess we have good days and bad.
i could not sleep on my side until 17 days post op and then with care.

3 weeks post-op

Went to PS today and everything looks great! Healing was better than expected.
I was sad to learn that PS is moving his practice to Mississippi. I wish him the best of luck and a big thanks for my new smaller girls!
What size were you before? What size did you ask to be after BR? Thanks for your story!
I was a 38ddd and told him I would like to be no bigger than a c-cup. I'm still have swelling so I'm not sure what size I'll be. when you look at my before and after pics you can tell I'm much smaller.
You look amazing!!!

4 weeks post

Feeling good. Swelling is going down everyday. I'm going to play tennis tomorrow for an hour. Easing back into it.
Goodness, tennis at 4 weeks post op is a bit ambitious, be careful. Any rubbing of incisions can cause holes.
Peediewife I'm not going play a match, I'm just going to hit balls to see what I can handle. I'm not ready for a match.
I was just going to say... It's an intense upper body sport, I can't even imagine doing it right now...

4 week post op pic

You look great! So sorry to hear that Dr. Gray is relocating. Hope Dr. Durst can produce results like yours!
Dr Durst is looking after Dr Grays patients once he relocates. I have heard good things about Dr Durst.
That's encouraging. I plan to have a consult with him and will see how it goes. If not, I guess I'll be off to Birmingham or Nashville to find a PS.

5 weeks post op

Ready for new bras!
You look amazing im a DDD as well and i want to go down to a C. You give me hope. Your Doctor did an amazing job.
Thank you!

6.5 weeks post

Today I went to Belk and got measured. I'm still slightly swollen on the sides BUT a 38 C fit great! I'm so excited! DDD/E to a C in 6 weeks. Love my little "girls"

Great Wirefree Bra

I have this bra I have too, and it's my favorite. I wear XS, it's so comfortable. Good choice.

3 months post

Feel great! Slightly swollen at lipo site, but overall swelling is gone. Back to normal activity.
Pre op bra size: 38 ddd
New Bra: 36C
It's nice to get down in the C range. I am 3 months post too, and I am mostly back to normal. Glad you're feeling great
That is super!!!! Glad all worked out for you. I'm still on the pre side. Reading everyday as many posts as I can.
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon