Beyond Pleased!

I researched, read hundreds of reviews, and...

I researched, read hundreds of reviews, and browsed countless breast augmentation photos, but never considered writing a review. It wasn't until after my surgery that I wanted to share my amazing experience. Hopefully this is not too long and easy to read!

Ever since high school I have joked about getting a "boob job". I have always been a 34AA - if not less. I'm 5'7" and about 120-125 lbs. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, I loved my 34B-C breasts and was distraught when they practically disappeared after weaning my daughter. After many recommendations I went for a consultation at a very established and well-liked plastic surgery group.

Consultation - The office managed to schedule me the week I called. The staff was extremely likable and made a potentially awkward experience great. The nurse asked my goals then provided me with a bra and implants to try on. Afterwards she took photos then used those with a computer program to show me an estimate of before and after. The physician was wonderful. He examined me, recommended a size, and pointed out features I never noticed. He showed me that my breast tissue was almost equal on both sides but my left chest sticks out a little more than my right. We decided on 375cc (possibly 350cc on the left) high-profile Natrelle silicone implants with submuscular placement with an inframammary crease incision. He and the staff are truly experts! I was so excited I scheduled a surgery appointment that day!

Follow-up - Four weeks before surgery I went to a follow-up appointment where I was provided a shopping list, information, prescriptions, completed lab work, and paid for my surgery.

Surgery - I was the first patient scheduled for the day. I am an ICU nurse so work experiences had me terrified; however, I had a great nurse, CRNA, and physician who totally eased my fears. Dr. Dunagan informed me we could use 375cc on both sides and accept the appearance I've always had or use a smaller implant on the left and appear completely identical. I left it completely with him, he's the expert! Within an hour I was on the OR table and the last thing I remember is the nurses joking with me.

Post-Op Necessities - front-clasp sports bra for two weeks, pillows for sleeping in a sitting position, compression stockings to prevent DVTs the first five says, ICE PACKS (!!!), lots of help, gatorade and crackers

Day 0 - There are maybe two things I remember before waking up in my own bed at home - that's good anesthesia. When I woke up I was more panicked and nauseated than in pain. It felt as if I couldn't move my arms and there was an achy tightness. My mother and two sisters stayed with me and completely spoiled me. They had a notebook with all of my prescriptions and when they were last given so I stayed on a schedule. For pain I took Demerol and Vistaril together, Zofran for nausea, and Flexeril as a muscle relaxer.Honestly this day was a complete blur! But I remember walking to the bathroom to finally look at the results and I was 100% dumbfounded at how great they looked for the very first day. I expected blood, bruising, swelling, you name it but they looked great!

Day 1 - Again I don't remember much at all! I don't recall being in excruciating pain, but just enough to want to medicine. This was the last day I took pain medicine! I started taking Tylenol throughout the day and a muscle relaxer before bed after this day. The office, of course, recommended avoiding NSAIDs (Motrin, Aleve, etc.) which increase your risk for bleeding. I also continued to sleep sitting up and ice my breasts. Every day over the weekend a sweet nurse called to check in on me and update me on what I should expect.

Day 7: Post-Op Apppointment #1 - Today I was able to drive for the first time. I met with the nurse for about 10 mins for her to examine me. She explained the firmness is swelling and they will "settle" into place within three months. She also reminded me to religiously obey my activity restrictions. Dr. Dunagan recommends no lifting over 5 lbs and no reaching above your head.

Day 9-11: Return to Work - So I as I mentioned, I am a nightshift critical care nurse in a surgical-trauma unit. Lots of lifting, turning, pulling, etc. is involved so I was very apprehensive. When I got to work I was relieved I had an easy patient; however, I admitted a difficult patient. Everyone knew I was post-op and glad to help; however, I still found myself in situations where I was reaching and pulling. By the time I was headed home I was so sore and terrified I messed something up. They look great, but honestly I'm still scared I may have overworked.
I am heading into my senior year of nursing school and I'm so happy that you've shared your experience! Thank you! I hve been thinking about having this surgery for forever but I am so nervous about sheduling. I wanted to wait until after graduation to go forward with it. Sort of like an awesome graduation gift to myself! However, I am unsure as to when would be a good time as Ill be starting a job as a new RN with no idea what to expect! Looking forward to future updates!
Great story,thanks for sharing with us!!!

Before Picture

Day of Surgery

1 Week Post Op

1 Week Post Op

13 Days Post Op

Before

How long before you felt comfortable doing normal workout activity again?
Today was my 2nd week follow up and I am still on activity restrictions.
Thank you for sharing. It's great to hear success stories

2 Weeks Post Op

2nd week follow up today. Again my office is so great, I was running errands with my cranky two year old needing a nap and they let me come in early. I met with the nurse again. Everything looks good but I got another stern warning about activity restrictions. I was given the okay to wash my hair like a normal person and wear a real bra. I also bought a scar ointment.
Did the listed cost of $5100 include costs for anesthesia, surgery center, and all surgeon's fees?
Thank you so much for this post! I am a nurse as well and I finally found a doctor and made an appointment. It sounds like you didn't have to take that much time off of work. Thank you for sharing your story!
            they are beautiful!
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

I am at a loss of words! I am so pleased with the entire experience. Dr. Dunagan is trustworthy, patient, intelligent, and obviously very talented! Even my mother was impressed that he spoke with and updated her three times the day of surgery. His staff is precious; everyone has been so friendly and knowledgable. I can't stop recommending Dr. Dunagan and his staff to everyone I have talked to about my procedure.