6 days post-op - Huntsville, AL

After having my little boy my firm, but full...

After having my little boy my firm, but full A's just disappeared! Hoping to look proportioned. My surgery is scheduled in 2 weeks & 1 day! I am so excited, but getting nervous. I have a 5 year old at home, & a wonderful husband who is going to help (he's just not exactly the "nurturing" kind if you know what I mean).

I am a pediatric dental hygienist & I will be returning to work 10 days after surgery. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated. I know to most importantly follow my surgeons directions, but it's always nice to hear how other ppl dealt with their surgery.Updated on 7 Dec 2011:So it has finally kicked in that I will be having my surgery soon. I was reviewing all my info last night.. I am going with Natrelle Silicone implants, 360cc, under the muscle, incision in crease.
I am worried they are going to be too big! Weird, I know. Most women are concerned that they won't be big enough; but I am VERY small framed & I'm going for a very natural, proportioned look. I'm also a little nervous about not being able to do much. I am the main person in my household that takes care of EVERYTHING..bills, cleaning, cooking, washing clothes, & getting my son ready for bed & school!
I'm going to try this wk to get everything cleaned & prepared for after my surgery. I still need to get some loose fitting button-up shirts. My dr doesn't recommend using a surgical bra, so for modesty (since I have a 5yr old boy) I'm going to lounge around in some sweat pants & loose shirts.
More updates to come in a few days, closer to surgery time. Also will try to get my pre-op pics up soon.Updated on 22 Dec 2011:I am 6 days post-op & very happy with my results so far! I had concerns about the size we ordered being to large & voiced my opinion to my dr. I dropped to the next size with no problem. The staff and dr were very kind & understanding. The recovery nurse was not quite as chipper & happy, but she was not unkind at all. So far I have had wonderful experience & I am very excited to see my final results after the swelling is gone & my implants settle.
I am hoping to be a full B. I am barely an A now. I have a very small frame so I am worried about them being "too big" I'm going with 360cc silicone implants. Thank you for the link to that post, it was very helpful. I love hearing everyone's stories so I can be aware & prepared for things that may occur that I wasn't expecting. My biggest fear for now is that my husband isn't going to be able to keep our household running on his own while I'm recovering!

Returning to work after ten days sounds reasonable for sure. What size are you hoping to get up to?

You might want to check out 10 Things I Wish I'd Known About Breast Augmentation in the BA forum. I hope this helps!

Please do keep us posted on how you're feeling as the big day nears!

Dr. Yates