33 Years Old, 2 Kids, 36K

Seems like most ladies on here had to deal with...

Seems like most ladies on here had to deal with big breasts from a young age. I'm so sorry! I was actually pretty flat until I started birth control in high school.

My mom had never experiened cramping until she had endometriosis. Soon as she started dealing with that she took me to the doctor right away to get me pills to battle my painful periods. Yay! And as a young flat-chested teeny bopper of course I was thrilled with a side effect of new curves! Except the suckers never stopped growing!

In 9th grade I was maybe a B cup. By my senior prom I was a probably a 32-34 bandwidth, but of course I was in the wrong size and wore a 36DDD. In college I fluctuated, but was wearing a 38F my last semester. I was also pregnant with my son. My second pregnancy took me to an H cup.

Now my kids are elementary school aged, and I'm still recovering from dealing with Grave's disease. My weight has been up and down with the whims of my thyroid. After radioactive-iodine therapy my thyroid is dead, and I've been trying to find the right dose of meds to combat hypothyroidism for over 2 years. A process made even more exhausting by the fact that I can't even exercise or run around after my kids because my breasts are huge!

I've finally learned a lot about bras and realized my band size is much smaller than I thought. Surprise! There's actually a rib cage under there! What?! So I've come to find out I'm actually a 36KK.

I have wanted a breast reduction since my senior year of high school, and I finally have a consult scheduled with Dr. Farid Mozaffari in August. You would think that since I've already waited this long I would be more patient right? Except I'm about to lose my mind from anticipation!

Reading the reviews on this site have made me giddy with excitement. I can't wait to be on the other side. Less pain, more mobility, one step closer to a happier healthier me? Yes please!

A good bra makes a huge difference eh?

Feels so weird to post pictures of a part of myself that I hate so much. I can't even sit around the house without a bra because I'm too embarrassed and that's with clothes on!

But I am hoping to see a huge improvement, and hopefully share my experience as so many other brave ladies have on this site.

I am worried/nervous that at my size I'm probably going to have to have a free nipple graft to achieve the end results that I desire. I've seen a couple FNG on here though, so my fear is getting better. August 7th can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see what the doctor has to say and what hoops I'll have to jump through to get insurance coverage.

My GP thinks I might have to do some physical therapy for my back pain. I think a look at the breasts I'm hauling around would show no amount of PT is going to affect my back until that weight is gone.

oh noes :(

Just got a card in the mail cancelling my appointment :( It's been killing me to wait until August, so I'm really hoping it won't be even longer :(

Trying not to get too upset until I call and talk to the office tomorrow. My son just had his doctor cancel an appointment too. Weird coincidence.

I just want these whomper boobies gone!

Called and rescheduled for August 27th. Impatient!

I just want to be done already :( Or started even! Figure my boobs can't ache much worse than when I take my bra off at the end of the day and my breasts feel like they are going to pull right off my chest. My left on has been hurting particularly bad lately. I've cut back on caffeine because that bothers the boobs sometimes.

On the silver lining side of things I would assume I had to reschedule because the doctor is taking his vacation. That's what happened with my son's appointment. So if I actually get to have surgery before the end of the year then at least he won't be vacationing during my recovery. Fingers crossed!

3 day migraine

I've been having a ridiculous amount of pain down the right side of my neck with a mild migraine for going on 3 days. I think I triggered it by doing some deep house cleaning :( I just want to be able to engage in everyday activities without feeling debilitating pain.

It's so frustrating. I discovered I had Grave's disease when I ended up being hospitalised because my thyroid levels were off the charts. So much so that my hypothalamus had shut down and I was close to organ failure. I couldn't walk across my living room just to use the restroom without vomiting or almost fainting from my heart beating so rapidly, but I didn't have insurance so I didn't go to the doctor or hospital until I literally felt like I was dying. Turns out I was pretty close.

Thus radiation therapy, dead thyroid, and now over 2 years later still can't seem to get the right dose of thyroid hormones.

Sorry for a total pity party, but I am sure many can relate. When you deal with something everyday friends and family get immune to your plight you know? People don't want to hear how you're really doing. Even at the doctor's office they ask you, "how are you doing today?" "Well, pretty miserable actually." Throws the nurse/doctor for a loop. They expect you to say, "Just fine, thanks!"

Well sorry, but today I am not fine. I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days, but right now I just want to do the dishes without having back spasms for the rest of the day.

Not sure what to think...

Finally got to see the doctor today. All went well. He said I'm the biggest cup size he's seen. Okay...

They use a new machine during surgery that uses a dye to test the blood supply to the nipple. If blood supply is not adequate he may have to do FNG. Thinks he can get me to a D cup.

Good news so far. Then he asks what insurance I have and once he sees he brings up that they are getting really strick about BMI and weight. So I'll need to lose 40 lbs to get approved.

What?! I'm hypothyroid. Losing weight is nearly impossible for me! I asked him if insurance would happen to approve based on pictures, etc. Would he insist on me losing the weight... he responded that I should just do my best to lose what I can.

I'm really unhappy right now. I read a lot of fat activist writing and I don't believe weight is a contributing factor to my health. Getting this surgery however is a big factor for me.

I brought up the fact that it's really hard to exercise with breast my size and he just nodded. Like wtf dude. Be an advocate for your patient! I'm calling my primary physician tomorrow to see if she can write a letter explaining that my weight has gone up and down with my thyroid and has never made my breasts smaller. And that due to my thyroid condition I will probably have a very hard time losing weight, especially without being able to engage I aerobic exercise due to my large breasts. Yadda yadda... this is on the advice of the receptionist. So I can't decide if he just can't advise me not to worry about weight because he thinks pictures will win approval. Or if he is washing his hands of me and my fat ass.

I'm a size 16 at 5'6'' and have felt pretty average (except boobs of course) for my age and having birthed 2 kids. Regardless it's so wrong to withhold a medical procedure based on weight.

Very frustrating.

so my old surgeon was an @ss

I got denied by my insurance because my doctor's pictures didn't show shoulder indentations or evidence of rashes. Which I have pictures of my own I could have sent. Anyways, I called for months and the office kept giving me the run around until it was too late to appeal the insurance decision. Nice, eh?

So I had my family doctor help me find a new surgeon. Not only did he get me approved quickly, he had no issues with my weight!

I am finally scheduled for my breast reduction surgery in September!!!! I can hardly wait, yet am so nervous.

New surgeon says I'm right at the border of measurements from collar to nipple (I think) length that indicates whether there may be a problem with blood supply basically. So I *might* have to have a FNG, free nipple graft. But he hopes to avoid it if possible, but obviously will have to wait and see.

Makes me a bit more nervous, but I'm so excited to have smaller breasts that I'm trying to stay positive. I'm currently a 36K in UK sizes or 36M in US sizes. Doctor thinks he can get me to a double or triple D. Still big, but almost 6 cup sizes difference!

September can't come fast enough!

getting closer...

Just some of the markings from my appointment. Trying to picture the change. It seems impossible for me to wrap my mind around it. To see my ribs again! To be able to stand without getting back spasms and headaches. To be able to buy bras that don't kill my body or bank account, lol.

Only wish I could have gotten a spot in August. I'm a bit worried about recovery with my kids in school in September. Plus sooner is better; I have no patience, lol.

60 days pre-op

Starting to feel real, but so far away. I can't wait! I've been so focused on getting insurance to approve the surgery I haven't spent much time thinking about the reality of smaller boobs. I don't think I wanted to let myself imagine it and get my hopes up until insurance said yes.

Now I keep thinking of funny things, like I can wear scarfs again. Haven't worn them since college because they just add volume to my chest. I can wear geeky t-shirts again! Or any shirt with something printed on the front; I've avoided them for years because my breasts distorted the picture/print. I can wear necklaces again without them look tiny or drawing attention to my boobs. I can carry a purse again without it adding weight to my already aching shoulders. I have several dresses I stopped wearing because they became indecent as my breasts got bigger. Etc. Etc.

It's kind of sad how much I've had to set aside because of my breasts. It seems like silly things compared to the pain that heavy breast cause, but it's part of my identity that got swallowed up by being the girl with big boobs.

I'm looking forward to being more active with my kids again. I used to walk everywhere, and have stopped because my boobs cause back spasms when I stand too long. Boobs plus muscle fatigue from hypothyroidism makes for a pretty miserable time.

I keep trying to imagine what my body will look and feel like and it seems surreal. 60 days feels like an eternity to wait!

Pre-Op appt, 1 week until surgery!!

I went to my pre-op appointment yesterday and had my blood tests and whatnot. I got tons of pre-surgery anti-bacterial soap to use. He also asks his patients to use crystal salt deodorant for days prior the surgery to help cut down bacteria.

I felt like the doctor barely talked to me, but his nurse was really nice and helpful. I'm a bit nervous because I got to look at his books and the breasts still seemed a bit large. Don't get me wrong, there was still a huge improvement. But I don't want to end up with big breasts after a major surgery due to some man's arbitrary idea of ideal proportions for my body. Ya know?

At the initial appointment when he did all the measurements he said he thought he could get me to a D or DD, but at this appointment he wouldn't give me a specific size. When I talk to him before the actual surgery I'm going to emphasize my desire to be a D cup if at all possible. I'd go to a C cup even. I wouldn't mind being pear-shaped, lol.

Other than that I'm feeling pretty excited. And really anxious for the surgery to be over and done already. I need to remember to talk to the anesthesiologist about having an enlarged thyroid from Grave's disease.

Now to focus on deep cleaning my house so it can survive me not doing housework for a bit after my surgery. My husband helps, but doesn't clean to my picky standards, lol. My 6 year old daughter is already better at helping with laundry.

2 days and 6 hours

Getting so close to surgery time, but still seems surreal. Like you can imagine it, but can't quite *know* how it's going to be until it actually happens. I keep thinking of the way giving birth changes you both physically and mentally. You can research it, see others go through it, plan it all out in your head, see the results of others, lol. But nothing is like living it.

I'll be so glad to be on the other side. I've had big breasts for 15 years. It's hard to grasp looking and feeling comfortable. It kills me that insurance doesn't take in the psychological factors of how life changing a breast reduction can be for someone. I know I'm preaching to the choir on just how much big breast affect you. How much time is wasted worrying over boobs? Ugh!

I love my new boobies!!!

I'm on the other side yay. Haven't been able to sleep much sitting up, plus they keep waking me up when I do finslly sleep to take my vitals.

My 4 hour surgery ended up being 6 hours, and I had a hard time waking up. So they kept me for observations. I have 4 drains, 2 IVs, 1 catheter, and these leg massaging compression thingies, lol. All the nurses have been super nice.

I feel really weak from the muscle paraletic they give you during surgery. My whole body hasn't felt this fatigued since giving birth to my son.

But it's all worth it for my tiny (in comparison, lol) new breasts. I haven't got a good look yet, but hubby thinks they're a D cup which is what I was hoping for. I honestly don't care what the letter ends up being because even with swelling they are smaller than I expected to get (in a good way). I have upper fullness again, and a waist!

So happy!!

After pictures!

I can shower tomorrow, so I'll try to get better pictures. Pain level and swelling are a bit worse today, especially where the drains are in my sides.

The nurses were calling me a lightweight because the drugs affect me quite a bit. I guess they had a hard time waking me up and morphine made my blood oxygen drop too much. I'm feeling pretty loopy now, but wanted to add some after pics. ?

Yesterday was rough

I didn't think to set an alarm to take my pain meds during the night, so I slept 9 hours and woke up to very swollen, very painful boobies! It took most of the day to get my pain level back down.

Thankfully I'm feeling a lot better today. Even took my first shower with my husband's help. He's been so great! My kids have been so sweet too. Makes me so happy. Spent part of the day coloring with my daughter today. My son says I look like a teenager with my small chest, lol. Thanks, I think?

Finally got to see the boobs in all their glory when I showered. They might be a little bigger than I originally thought, but I'm still just soooo happy. He took over 1000 (grams?) on one side and over 1100 on the other. He did lipo as well, but I'm not sure where? I was too loopy to ask, and family didn't think to. They got nervous since my surgery took longer than expected.

Sleeping sitting up is about as fun as you ladies have described. Luckily my pain pills knock me out, so I've managed to sleep pretty well. My family let me sleep until 12:30 today!

I have a love hate relationship with the drains. I have 2 in each side. I know they help with healing/swelling, but man are they a pain. They hurt more than my incisions.

I don't have any nipple sensation right now, but the rest of my breasts have feeling. I still have some protrusion though even with them being realy retracted from trauma. I didn't have much nipple sensitivity before, so I'm not to worried if they come back or not.

I'm high as a kite on pain pills, so sorry for rambling.

Found my paperwork with the official numbers

I had 1036 gm removed from the right breast, and 1144 gm removed from the left breast. Which is about 2.3 and 2.5 pounds

I'm just so excited to wear "normal" sized bras and clothes. Just waiting for the pain to go down to play dress up in my closet.

Sleeping upright has kept me from feeling a difference in my back and shoulders, but I can breathe easier.

some pictures

Underneath is not looking very nice. It was pretty sore to lift enough to get a picture. I just wanted an idea of what's going on under there.

Tape allergy

Went to the ER because I felt like I was being cut in half. Thought it was my drains, but turns out it was the super strength tape holding the drains.

Benedryl and a stronger percocet helped relieve the pain a bit. Course they re-taped the already raw skin with paper tape.

After a nap at home to recover from the pain my husband helped me remove the paper tape. We put gauze pads over the drain sites and then wrapped my ribs first with gauze and then with ace bandage. Topped that all off with my bra.

Sides feel MUCH better. The pain had been around an 8 and I couldn't put my arms down. Having my shoulders tensed/hunched left me super sore.

Hopefully it's all uphill from here. I do love my cute little boobies. My husband and I can't get over how small my surgeon was able to get me.

Breasts have softened quite a bit. Still a bit hard towards the bottom though.

Sorry if my posts jump around too much. Pain pills plus thyroid foggy brain makes it harder to string together coherent thoughts, lol.

I guess I had a lollipop?

I thought my doctor was going to do the wise/anchor pattern incisions. But as the swelling and pain have gone down I've realized I don't have horizontal incisions. At least the bunching under my boob makes more sense.

I just feel like it illustrates the lack of communication I've felt with my surgeon. Maybe he changed his mind and made a call for what would be best once I was in surgery?

My breasts and incisions are feeling tender, but good. But the drain entry sites are just killing me. I have to keep them iced to have any kind of relief. I feel like I wouldn't need pain meds, or Tylenol at the most if not for the drains.

I've been feeling frustrated at the lack of housework getting done. My husband took a week off work and unloaded the dishwasher once. Granted he did take great care of me and our kids, but housework needs done too. My mom has stayed with us a few days here and there. She's been doing cooking, and has cleaned the kitchen. She's talked about catching laundry up, but hasn't quite got around to it yet.

I hate feeling ungrateful, but I busted my butt getting the house cleaned in preparation for my surgery because I knew it would need to last longer. It's been just over a week and it looks like a month without housework or something. With my thyroid problems I can't afford to get behind and overwhelmed by housework.

But I already feel like a burden without nagging about housework. I've asked once or twice, but it seems to be conveniently overlooked. Maybe lack of decent sleep has me feeling grumpy? I guess I should count myself lucky that my healing seems to be going well enough that I can stress over other things.

Anyone else feeling stressed over housework?

1st post-op visit

I've tried to write this about 5 times now and the tab keeps crashing, grrrr.

But, I got my drains out today, thank gawd!! I had 4 total. 2 were under the inframammary fold. They've been making my ribs hurt. The other 2 were inside the boobs. They felt a bit weird coming out, but not too bad until the last one. It burned pretty good, but still wasn't as bad as I expected or worried about. I did take a percocet an hour before my appointment though.

Felt a bit sloshy inside for a little bit afterwards. And about an hour later I was pretty tender, so I used some ice. I crashed out and slept for awhile once we got home. Not sure if it was from the pain pill or just doing too much today. I showered and blow dried my hair before the appointment, which might have been a bit too much.

I asked about sleeping and found out I can sleep flat and even on my side as long as it's comfortable. I did forget to ask about how much I can lift. They had limited me to a pound. My son was concerned for me, lol.

I feel like I can be much more patient about healing now that the drains are out. My kids are super excited and happy for mommy to have less pain, so sweet. My daughter kept hugging me now that I don't have tubes hanging out of my sides.

Definitely a good day. :-)

I love my little boobies. It sounds so vain or conceited, lol.

Feeling nervous...

Both sides have opened up just a bit. The tape came off, and I kept burning, so I had hubby take a look and some pictures so I could see what's going on.

Called the doctor, but got voicemail.

I think the bottom of my incisions are where my inframammary fold used to be? And the splits are where the new fold seems to be. Maybe?

Breast have been a little warm, and very itchy. I thought maybe inside stitches were dissolving? No fevers. I did have a little drainage out of the right side, but chalked that up to having my drains removed.

Logically I figure all is well, but worry wart in me just wants to double check with my doctor. Plus I want to know how to treat it. I did clean under my boobs with a bit of hydrogen-peroxide and put clean non-stick gauze over the sores. Thought about triple antibiotic ointment, but wanted to hear from my doctor/nurses first.

Found the most comfortable bra ever!

If you fit a DD (or below, band went up to 42) you should check it out. Lol. I'm in love with it.

It's Beauty by Bali wirefree t-shirt bra at Target.

Most comfy my boobs have been since surgery. Heck probably before surgery too.

The band is sooo soft and gentle on my tender sides and under my breast where I had lipo.

There's also a similar style on the Bali (Hanes) website that I'm thinking about ordering. It's sized S,M,L etc. and went up to a 3XL. It was Bali Comfort Revolution ComfortFlex Fit Wirefree Bra Style #23782 From the size chart I'd be a L or XL.

I'm a bit obsessed after years of painful underwire bras, lol.

Feeling tender.

I've been pretty tender yesterday and today. Maybe doing too much. Gonna slow down a bit.

I feel like my boobs look bigger in pictures than they feel on my actual body if that makes sense. They went from like 3 handfuls per boob to one handful, lol.

They look a lot smaller in clothes too. Like I'm still a busty lady, but you can see ME when you look at me versus all boobs.

Very happy with my results so far.

Family visiting

I traveled to visit family yesterday. 3 hour car trip never felt so long. I had pillows, ice packs, and pain pills. But yeah. Ouchie.

It was good to visit, and several family members were reminiscing about their breast reductions, so that was funny and informative. We're a big breasted bunch, lol. Everyone was very congratulatory and encouraging. My kids got to wear themselves out playing with cousins. Good times were had by all.

The 3 hour drive back home was pretty rough. The pain pills and roads made me nauseated. We had made plans prior to my surgery because I figured I'd feel fine to travel after 2 weeks, lol. I'd definitely advise to give yourself a bit longer recovery before traveling.

Whenever I get frustrated at the seemingly slow going recovery I remind myself that I'm really lucky to be healing as well as I am with very little complications. My husband has had lots of surgeries over the years and is good at reminding me to be patient and kind to myself. He's a keeper, lol.

Hope everyone is healing well!

My super comfy Bali bra is too big now that swelling has gone down. Which yeah, is nice to be even smaller. But now my comfy bra doesn't support me enough so I jiggle and swell, and I'm back to itchy bras. Boo. And one of those broke off 2 hooks in the wash. Wth? Grrr.

Worse news is my daughter broke her arm. Poor girl. So we'll be recuperating together. Hopefully she'll get a cast or splint tomorrow. She's been so tough. :-(

I've been experiencing a lot of back pain. I think from hunching to protect my tender breasts. They've been swelling. Sometimes there's hard spots, but they generally soften up again. I've been worried about seromas. I feel like I have so little contact with my surgeon. Would be nice to feel like I had better aftercare.

Thank goodness for RealSelf and you ladies, right?

Photo Update

Still lots of tenderness. I showered in an old nursing sports bra because I feel too much pain/heaviness with no support. I go to the doctor in 12 days. Not sure if I should call him about still having a lot of tenderness and swelling or not. So hard to tell what's normal.

Tried to take a bunch of pics after my shower.

Going to try to make some dinner. Something fancier than spaghetti which is the only thing I've cooked since my surgery. I miss cooking! Especially now that I don't have to worry about catching my boobs on fire like Mrs. Doubtfire. Lol.

Feeling a bit better today.

Feeling better overall. Less exhausted, less swelling, ribs feel less tender. I do have a couple of spots that get hard and painful. Ice helps as does very gentle massaging, but I've worried about if they're seromas.

My back has been bothering me a lot. I keep catching myself hunching to protect my boobs. Plus sleeping propped up doesn't help. I could probably get away with no pain pills at all if my back would cooperate. Tylenol and occasionally ibuprofen help with the back pain, so does a heating pad.

Basically just waiting for my doctor appointment to get his take on how everything is healing. It sucks that his office is an hour away.

Hope everyone is healing well. Is anyone else experiencing back pain? Or have better info on seromas?

3 weeks

Not much change in pain, mobility, or energy. Not where I'd like to be, but definitely better. Ice is still my best friend. I've added ibuprofen once or twice a day and it seems to help the swelling a lot. I fall asleep early each night, I'm a night owl, so it's funny. I'm sleeping like when my kids were infants. Husband says it's because my body is hard at work while I'm sleeping.

Hopefully I'm not too annoying posting more pics. I can see subtle changes especially as I check back. I love reviews with lots of pictures, so I hope it helps other pass the time until they get their surgery or reassure themselves that they are on track, etc etc.

Not sure what's going on...

Woke up around 8am from my right hand being so "asleep." Changed positions wiggled my neck around and pumped my fist for a bit trying to wake my hand up. Half hour later I realized it was more than just regular sleeping wrong type of tingles. I had swelling and pain in my right arm especially my hand. Called my doctor's office and the on call guy wants me to come in tomorrow. If pain or swelling get worse go to the ER because it *could* be a blood clot, small chance though.

It's 1pm now and my fingers are finally back to normal, but still a bit discolored. I've had my arm propped up. Moved my hand down to type this and my fingers are already tingling.

Hopefully it's not lymphedema? My mammaw had that after her mastectomy. She fell and broke that arm which triggered it really bad.

Gonna go back to propping my arm. Just wanted to write down times and whatnot to keep it clear in my head.

Boobs are a-okay

I spent the whole, dang day day at the ER the other day (11am to 7pm). I have several chronic illnesses and I HATE the ER because they always make me feel like a hysterical hypochondriac. I could post a big huge rant on how dismissive the medical community can be towards women, chronic pain, etc etc. But I'm trying to stay on topic. Suffice to say my ER nurse actually said that breast reduction isn't medically necessary. You get the drift. Grrrr.

Fortunately I did have a pretty decent ER doctor that was willing to help me out when I finally got to see him versus having that nurse as a middle man. No blood clots, no hematomas, no infection. Much more peace of mind for me. Seems like since I'm feeling better I'm moving more which is causing the swelling to flare up more. Also seems like my body is trying to push some of the internal stitches out like a splinter which is adding to the inflammation.

With my hand swelling I'm still supposed to follow up with my surgeon ASAP, but the soonest I can get there is Monday. Maybe the swelling is from my thyroid? IDK

Let's see... I'm not needing any pain pills even with the swelling. Haven't needed ice for several days. It still feels really weird when I don't have a bra supporting my breasts. Rightie is ok, but I need to hold leftie in the shower or it just gets to jumpy and weird feeling inside. Not painful, just icky weird. Nerves, bleh.

I still have the tape on my incisions from the day of the surgery, but it's slowly falling off. I just trim it since I have no instructions on what to do. I have stitches poking out here and there. Leaving them alone, thought about trimming them, but figured best not to mess.

I can sleep on either side now and it's glorious. I still prop up for a portion of the night to help with swelling though.

That's about it for now. I'm still worn out from the dang hospital, but I think it's more my thyroid than anything to do with surgery recovery.

God bless aquaphor

I finally broke down and bought some hydrocortisone cream and some Aquaphor because I've seen several doctors on this site recommend it to help sooth itching and dry skin. And man did it help!

My right boob has been burning!! I thought it was the incision, but when I looked in the mirror it was actually towards the end of my new inframammary fold. When I put the aquaphor on I discovered a little bump. Pretty sure it's a little abcess where a stitch is trying work it's way out. I have another spot on my left breast too.

I didn't realize how dry my skin was either. It really soaked up the moisturizer.

Swelling is doing much better too. I think I can buy a smaller size band next time I go grab a bra. I had bought a 40 band to accommodate swelling and tenderness and now it's feeling way too loose. So right now I'm wearing 2 bras to get the right feeling of compression and support, lol.

Next week is going to be BUSY! Doctor appt. Shopping for my daughter's birthday. Her music program, and surprise birthday party. Halloween parties in both my kid's classes, and then Trick or Treating. Whew!

Doctor appointment day, finally!

Been feeling so itchy lately. Hubby keeps me feeling positive about it though that nerves are reconnecting, etc. I feel like I've finally turned a corner and my breasts feel like they're mine, an actual part of me. Versus the fragile, sewn on attachments that they've felt like for weeks now. I can be hugged now! (Still gently, but yay!)

Most of the tape has fallen off in showers, so yesterday I finally pulled off the remaining bits after my shower. Looks and feels do much better! I do put gentle paper tape on the bottom of the incisions because they're just too tender uncovered. Also taped 2 spots on each nipple that seemed like they still needed a little support.

I see the doctor later today. We'll see how that goes... It kills me because he does seem like such a nice person, he's obviously a very skilled surgeon, but I just don't like barely getting to talk to my doctor. That's why I've waited to review him. I'm also worried I might need a little scar revision. Which is fine considering the change in size. But I have a really painful dog ear/ pucker at the end of the incision under my right boob. And I still have a considerable bump of extra skin under my left boob. And I'm curious if he would do anything about the asymmetry with size and nipple placement or if that's something that will be ignored since it's aesthetics and the surgery was covered by insurance to help my pain, not to make them pretty. Which for the most part I think my boobs are super cute now, lol. Size difference doesn't bother me too much, but nipple placement being wonky does. :-(

Just my rambling concerns after not enough sleep last night. Had to watch Walking Dead. Yikes!

Doctor was pleased

He thinks I'm healing beautifully. Any issues with incisions/skin bunching/tendeness should resolve with time. Asymmetry is normal, which I figured. He even took his follow up pictures for his "brag book" today. I told him I was on an online forum and many ladies had complimented his work. I think that quite tickled him, lol.

I can ride my stationary bike and walk. (Gotta work on this mom belly now that it's visible, lol.) Stick to lifting 5lbs or less until 8 weeks from surgery, so 4 more to go. Ditto for wearing a bra 24/7. And no scar cream until then either, but the scars don't seem like they will need much.

He took one look at my inframammary folds, and said I'd developed a fungal infection from the wet to dry dressings. Ick! But other than that looks great! Makes me wonder if the ER doctor had looked at the left breast at all if he'd have caught it. So I can stop the dressings and get an athlete's foot spray for my boobs! Too funny. It helped right away too!

Basically I'm good to go and released from care unless any problems occur. But he thought I was healing very well and should be fine.

I know I have a few nitpicking type issues with aesthetic asymmetry, but honestly my breasts have turned out way more attractive than I ever expected. They feel light and super youthful compared to the monsters I was hauling around before. Hubby thinks they're cute which is always good, lol. I think he was nervous too, but just wanted my pain to go away. He's a pretty good fella. :-)

The doctor wanting to show off his work at 4 weeks out makes me realize I got some darn good results, lol.

feeling good, mostly...

I've been feeling pretty good despite lots of activity the last few days. Not much swelling, almost no knots in my boobs. But I do feel like the wound under my right boob has opened up/deepened a bit. 2 steps forward 1 step back, eh?

Particularly frustrating with the fungal "fun" going on. I think an antibiotic cream would probably help the wound, but wouldn't help good bacteria form to fight off fungus/yeast. I'm doing very small, 1x1-ish, squares of gauze with the wet to dry over the wound. Then I spray everything with the athlete's foot spray. Sexy! Lol.

My breasts have gotten so soft. It's silly, but I'm excited to get some decent bras, even an underwire or 2 to make the best of my new boobage. Waiting for 8 week mark though. I thought I'd swear off underwire forever, who knew? Lol.

I don't comment on my nipples much, but there's not much feeling there. If I pinch the right one there's dull pain. Left has nothing. I was worried about a FNG before surgery, so wasn't too concerned with nipples beyond not wanting them to fall off. I thought since I didn't get an FNG I might have feeling, but so far not much. They are responsive to cold and stuff though, so I guess at least hubby's ego won't be hurt, lol. I've heard of people recovering feeling 6-12 months out. So there's hope, but it's a trade I'm okay having made to have smaller breasts. I did tell hubby I might eventually get some tattooing to make my areolas look more round/symmetrical. That's about it on the nipple front. Lol.

Hope everyone is healing well and has a fun Halloween if you celebrate it.

Excuse my dirty mirror

I snapped some more recent pics, but didn't realize how dirty my mirror was... oops.

Boobs are feeling pretty good!

What a difference!

Soooooo happy! I feel "normal" for the first time in over a decade. My back is finally doing better now that I'm not hunching from pain.

I can hug my kids without feeling like I'm smothering them with boob.

Now that the pain of surgery is nearly completely gone I feel like I can actually start to enjoy my new chest.

I've started using a scar gel. Hopefully it will help the scar tissue soften and lighten.