31 Years Old, 2 Kids, with Hypothyroidism - Huntington, WV

Seems like most ladies on here had to deal with...

Seems like most ladies on here had to deal with big breasts from a young age. I'm so sorry! I was actually pretty flat until I started birth control in high school.

My mom had never experiened cramping until she had endometriosis. Soon as she started dealing with that she took me to the doctor right away to get me pills to battle my painful periods. Yay! And as a young flat-chested teeny bopper of course I was thrilled with a side effect of new curves! Except the suckers never stopped growing!

In 9th grade I was maybe a B cup. By my senior prom I was a probably a 32-34 bandwidth, but of course I was in the wrong size and wore a 36DDD. In college I fluctuated, but was wearing a 38F my last semester. I was also pregnant with my son. My second pregnancy took me to an H cup.

Now my kids are elementary school aged, and I'm still recovering from dealing with Grave's disease. My weight has been up and down with the whims of my thyroid. After radioactive-iodine therapy my thyroid is dead, and I've been trying to find the right dose of meds to combat hypothyroidism for over 2 years. A process made even more exhausting by the fact that I can't even exercise or run around after my kids because my breasts are huge!

I've finally learned a lot about bras and realized my band size is much smaller than I thought. Surprise! There's actually a rib cage under there! What?! So I've come to find out I'm actually a 36KK.

I have wanted a breast reduction since my senior year of high school, and I finally have a consult scheduled with Dr. Farid Mozaffari in August. You would think that since I've already waited this long I would be more patient right? Except I'm about to lose my mind from anticipation!

Reading the reviews on this site have made me giddy with excitement. I can't wait to be on the other side. Less pain, more mobility, one step closer to a happier healthier me? Yes please!

A good bra makes a huge difference eh?

Feels so weird to post pictures of a part of myself that I hate so much. I can't even sit around the house without a bra because I'm too embarrassed and that's with clothes on!

But I am hoping to see a huge improvement, and hopefully share my experience as so many other brave ladies have on this site.

I am worried/nervous that at my size I'm probably going to have to have a free nipple graft to achieve the end results that I desire. I've seen a couple FNG on here though, so my fear is getting better. August 7th can't come soon enough. Can't wait to see what the doctor has to say and what hoops I'll have to jump through to get insurance coverage.

My GP thinks I might have to do some physical therapy for my back pain. I think a look at the breasts I'm hauling around would show no amount of PT is going to affect my back until that weight is gone.

oh noes :(

Just got a card in the mail cancelling my appointment :( It's been killing me to wait until August, so I'm really hoping it won't be even longer :(

Trying not to get too upset until I call and talk to the office tomorrow. My son just had his doctor cancel an appointment too. Weird coincidence.

I just want these whomper boobies gone!

Rescheduled

Called and rescheduled for August 27th. Impatient!

I just want to be done already :( Or started even! Figure my boobs can't ache much worse than when I take my bra off at the end of the day and my breasts feel like they are going to pull right off my chest. My left on has been hurting particularly bad lately. I've cut back on caffeine because that bothers the boobs sometimes.

On the silver lining side of things I would assume I had to reschedule because the doctor is taking his vacation. That's what happened with my son's appointment. So if I actually get to have surgery before the end of the year then at least he won't be vacationing during my recovery. Fingers crossed!

3 day migraine

I've been having a ridiculous amount of pain down the right side of my neck with a mild migraine for going on 3 days. I think I triggered it by doing some deep house cleaning :( I just want to be able to engage in everyday activities without feeling debilitating pain.

It's so frustrating. I discovered I had Grave's disease when I ended up being hospitalised because my thyroid levels were off the charts. So much so that my hypothalamus had shut down and I was close to organ failure. I couldn't walk across my living room just to use the restroom without vomiting or almost fainting from my heart beating so rapidly, but I didn't have insurance so I didn't go to the doctor or hospital until I literally felt like I was dying. Turns out I was pretty close.

Thus radiation therapy, dead thyroid, and now over 2 years later still can't seem to get the right dose of thyroid hormones.

Sorry for a total pity party, but I am sure many can relate. When you deal with something everyday friends and family get immune to your plight you know? People don't want to hear how you're really doing. Even at the doctor's office they ask you, "how are you doing today?" "Well, pretty miserable actually." Throws the nurse/doctor for a loop. They expect you to say, "Just fine, thanks!"

Well sorry, but today I am not fine. I'm sure I'll be fine in a few days, but right now I just want to do the dishes without having back spasms for the rest of the day.

I too suffered from chronic breast pain of all types, stabbing, burning, aching etc & found that by eliminating sugar & gluten from my diet the pain has gone, it disappeared in a week! They haven't shrunk (12/34F) but at least the pain has gone, I couldn't even hug my kids before. Wishing you well for Aug!
There is a lot to be said for eliminating sugar and gluten from our diets ... not always easy to do at first but worth the effort.
Thank you! Definitely something to consider.
FNG is relatively unusual and lots of woman your size get a reduction without the FNG. The main thing is that your surgeon does what is best for you.
Thanks. I think it will help a lot to meet him and hopefully see pictures of his specific procedures. My GP highly recommended him and has sent many happy patients to him.
I am hypo-thyroid (treated with thyroxine) and it was not considered to be an issue for surgery. Because I am over 60yrs, the procedure took over 3hrs and I am hypo-thyroid ... I had to have a blood thinning injection (that I was told could lead to a bleed in my breast but it did not) and wear compression socks for two weeks. Good Luck!
Thank you!