Lip Lift in NC - Huntersville, NC

My full review will come next week. I'm traveling...

My full review will come next week. I'm traveling w no access to computer but wanted to respond to those who were waiting for outcome. Today is 2 days post, extremely pleased so far. Incision is so tight and barely noticeable (really important to me). Swelling is moderate, look like a Who from Whoville, but getting better. My nostrils are slightly diff size and shape and the swelling has really accentuated this :( but hopefully that will subside. Dr Hunstat in NC was ps.
Below are pics right before, right after and today.

Day 4 post lip lift

Swelling has really subsided. I am loving the accentuated Cupid's bow but I think there is still a lot of distance between nose and lip. Nostrs are still swollen making my nostril unevenness more prominent :(, I had 4mm removed but really wonder if I could have gotten away with 6mm. Slight tooth show. Giving detailed pics of incision. Wearing lip stain to really show lip shape ( it's not quite so beautifully applied as zizis) not used to having so much upper lip to adorn :).

3 Weeks Post Op VERY Pleased!

I cant say enough about how nice Dr Hunstad made my incision. It is barely visible and I have not had any issues with pain, pulling, or loss of sensation. He did such a great job on exaggerating the cupids bow, which I wanted and love. He was very particular and meticulous measuring and then communicating with me what he thought and listened to what result I was trying to achieve. DZB was right in he really takes great care in his craft. I only wish he were closer!

I went into the procedure with no meds on board. Looking back I wish I would have taken the pain pill prior. Its easier to prevent pain than to get on top of it after it is in full swing. It was not horrible, just throbbing and uncomfortable. I traveled 3 hrs to the coast after the lift and took one of the pain meds with no food on my stomach, dont do that. I threw my guts up in the car with my husband driving. He graciously pulled over dealt with my upchuck and me and we were back on our way. The stitches survived my hurling. I called in the office and they offered me zofran or something similar but I knew the worst of the pain was probably over with the narcodic induced nausea, and it really was at that point. I walked around the coastal community with really no one paying much attention to my swollen lip.

My only diliema at this point is I still think there is a lot of distance between my nose and lip. My lips shape and fullness I love. Dr H took 4mm, which is a lot but I had 21mm to start. I think another 3mm could come out giving me 14 which is more asthetically pleasing to the eye. I appreciate Dr H being conservative but when you have that much distance I wonder how far you can go. I kept the swelling in my nostrils down and the redness underneath with Preperation H. Just seemed like the right thing to do since it reduces swelling and inflammation. I think it worked fairly well. It is like vaseline in consistency which is what you want to keep incision moist. Dr H said no icepacks since he have me all internal stitches which were completely invisible. DZB gave me that tip to ask for and he graciously agreed.

I love what a change it has made in the structure of my mouth. Hope this helps anyone thinking about this procedure.

Pics to go with 3 week review

A Few Extras

Along with applying Prepetatipn H for the redness and swelling, I've also had nice results using virgin coconut oil (has great anti inflammatory properties and anti bacterial). I have a clairsonic that helped too about a week out to help lymphatics drain. Also here is a no lipstick pic :)
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

At this point he did really nice job, seemed super knowledgable addresses my concerns and what I wanted outcome to be. Kind, caring and professional.

Hi, I really love the shape of your lips. Does your doctors technique only remove skin. I had a technique where the doctor lifted the muscle too and it dropped after a year, so I am looking to get a revision with a doctor that only removes skin.
Hi! Yes he removed skin only. I am very pleased with my outcome esp the shape and slight up turn of Cupid's bow. The only criticism I have is there is still so much distance bt lip and nose. I had 22mm length with 4mm removed. I could have easily done 2-3 moremm. Considering having more done in future. I do highly recommend my ps. Best wishes!
Well removing more skin seems like a very easy revision with very little downtime. I would never want to go through the type of liplift that I had. The recovery was very long and Its been more than a year and I still have stiffness and numbness. Plus it is easy to remove more but if too much is removed I don't think that can be fixed.
Darling, I do hope you think very carefully about having more removed. I think it looks fine the way it is, just lovely, and with your upturned nose and angle of upper lip at this stage, you probably wouldn't want to go higher.
OH I did not mean to imply that EEJ should go ahead and remove skin. I think her lip looks perfect. I would love for my lip to look like hers. My lip dropped below my teeth again.
So sorry, g22! I think I replied to the wrong post. I meant to reply to EEJ's remark. But you know, my lip doesn't give teeth show when my mouth is slightly open and unsmiling. That's my anatomy. I was dead stuck on teeth show come hell or high water, but it would have looked unnatural. I trust you have a great doctor who can advise. Mine refused to do what I wanted ( Dr. Rodriguez's magic 1.1 cm) and now I am glad. He's mainly a rhinoplasty surgeon and his results are always beautifully natural. Glad you're not going to go the muscle cutting/hemming route should you decide to go back. My recovery was a breeze!
EEJ I love your outcome. Your lips are so sensual . Your PS did a good job, creating that cut. I was healed by week two too this is such a easy procedure. Congratz
I think you look gorgeous. You have the perfect amount of tooth show. If he removed more skin you may get end up with that dreaded rabbit look that is very very unattractice.
I'm starting to really love them and not focus on the distance issue so much. The shape really is nice and drH did a great job. A tad filler eventually may give a dash of perky to top n bottom. Thanks for the input. Obsessive looking at them in mirror works on the mind, ha ha
So glad you're at that point, EEJ. Took me some time to make peace with my own lip distance and teeth show- you know, between the ideal and the realistic! I'm sure it's the same with any facial feature any of us alter surgically. I hated my long upper lip so much that I think at one point if my doctor had removed it entirely I would have been thrilled! Keeping it all in proper perspective is SO key to being happy with the result. In my own case, I'd been envying Penelope Cruz for years but really? I'll never have her upper lip; the "architecture" of my face is not similar. I'd look very, very odd, indeed, if that's what my doctor had given me. That's why it's so essential to choose a surgeon with good judgment aesthetically. So let's both start loving our new look!
Very happy for you! Glad you're pleased and looking so great!
EEJ, Very pretty results, congratulations! Thank you for the f/u photos, much appreciated. BLESSINGS!
EEJ, Looking gorgeous!!
Thank you!!
Just had mine done, too! I think yours looks great and looking at your photos I would say that the 4mm is just exactly right with the shape and angle of your nose. I know just what it feels like to have lived with a long upper lip and want it as shortened as possible, but right now yours looks wonderfully pretty and natural. I know my own surgeon was conservative (he also removed 4mm; I'd wanted more) and I realize now he was right. Hope that helps you.
Hi Catherineb, Which surgeon did you use? Are you going to do a review and post pics? Would love to see them!
Thanks for chiming in! That's reassuring to hear. As I've gotten older its taken me a while to pinpoint this long lip thing. I kept looking in the mirror thinking what is wrong here. I went to ps to consider filler but his nurse just had hers done and her lip was nearly hanging down to her chin! I was horrified and began wiping the numbing cream off! Ps then came in and said filler won't lift lip and can actually make it look longer. The more pics you see of celebs with nicely done lips, most of them have short nose/lip distance. Thus began my lip lift search, didn't know it exististed, and I'm fairly savvy about what's out there cosmetics wise. Some skilled ps csn lift and roll lip slightly but they are the exception and not the rule, at least within 200 miles of me anyway. Well that's my story. I'm a little lip obsessed right now and your reply helps! Do you mind sharing how you came to the conclusion that 4 was enough and do you know what length you started with? Thanks again!
Hi! I had Dr. Buonassisi in Vancouver, and loved him. A review will post very shortly. I submitted it yesterday. I will add photos, too. This site was so helpful to me in making my own decision, I'd like to give back. I'd started with 20mm and had 4mm removed. I had thought that too little but I'm so happy. Mind you, I think our aesthetic is Canada might be a bit more natural as the goal, as I've seen quite extreme lifts here which don't appeal to me. Dr. Buonassisi was looking at my entire face to get an ideal proportion. I think that's so much more important than just going for some static 1.1cm ideal with x-amount of teeth show. That's just my own take on things and I'm glad for anyone who loves their lip lift, natural, extreme or otherwise.
I replied above. Hope that helps. I think everyone's reaction so far has just been perfect. I never told anyone and took a bit of time off. When Everything was looking good I started to get back into the social scene. I can see that nobody's eyes have been drawn to that area of incision and nobody has done a kind of subtle double take. What I have noticed is that men's (waiters, people I pass on the street) eyes just linger a little longer on my face with the look of "oh, attractive woman there" and that says it all!
Thanks so much for the info! I have 20 mm too and am definitely looking for a natural result -- no more than 5 mm removal. My upper lip isn't especially thin, and I don't want to look like a different person. I'll be looking for your review!
I wish I was brave enough to post full face!
That's ok! Lips and nose are enough. I'm sure yours looks amazing, can't wait for your pics.
I've just posted my lip lift review and a Before and After photo so you can see the happy results!

Thanks for posting more pics. Love that lip gloss shade!

Can we please see a 3-week post-op picture? And so glad you're so happy with your result! Yay!