Lip Lift in NC - Huntersville, NC

My full review will come next week. I'm traveling...

My full review will come next week. I'm traveling w no access to computer but wanted to respond to those who were waiting for outcome. Today is 2 days post, extremely pleased so far. Incision is so tight and barely noticeable (really important to me). Swelling is moderate, look like a Who from Whoville, but getting better. My nostrils are slightly diff size and shape and the swelling has really accentuated this :( but hopefully that will subside. Dr Hunstat in NC was ps.
Below are pics right before, right after and today.

Day 4 post lip lift

Swelling has really subsided. I am loving the accentuated Cupid's bow but I think there is still a lot of distance between nose and lip. Nostrs are still swollen making my nostril unevenness more prominent :(, I had 4mm removed but really wonder if I could have gotten away with 6mm. Slight tooth show. Giving detailed pics of incision. Wearing lip stain to really show lip shape ( it's not quite so beautifully applied as zizis) not used to having so much upper lip to adorn :).

3 Weeks Post Op VERY Pleased!

I cant say enough about how nice Dr Hunstad made my incision. It is barely visible and I have not had any issues with pain, pulling, or loss of sensation. He did such a great job on exaggerating the cupids bow, which I wanted and love. He was very particular and meticulous measuring and then communicating with me what he thought and listened to what result I was trying to achieve. DZB was right in he really takes great care in his craft. I only wish he were closer!

I went into the procedure with no meds on board. Looking back I wish I would have taken the pain pill prior. Its easier to prevent pain than to get on top of it after it is in full swing. It was not horrible, just throbbing and uncomfortable. I traveled 3 hrs to the coast after the lift and took one of the pain meds with no food on my stomach, dont do that. I threw my guts up in the car with my husband driving. He graciously pulled over dealt with my upchuck and me and we were back on our way. The stitches survived my hurling. I called in the office and they offered me zofran or something similar but I knew the worst of the pain was probably over with the narcodic induced nausea, and it really was at that point. I walked around the coastal community with really no one paying much attention to my swollen lip.

My only diliema at this point is I still think there is a lot of distance between my nose and lip. My lips shape and fullness I love. Dr H took 4mm, which is a lot but I had 21mm to start. I think another 3mm could come out giving me 14 which is more asthetically pleasing to the eye. I appreciate Dr H being conservative but when you have that much distance I wonder how far you can go. I kept the swelling in my nostrils down and the redness underneath with Preperation H. Just seemed like the right thing to do since it reduces swelling and inflammation. I think it worked fairly well. It is like vaseline in consistency which is what you want to keep incision moist. Dr H said no icepacks since he have me all internal stitches which were completely invisible. DZB gave me that tip to ask for and he graciously agreed.

I love what a change it has made in the structure of my mouth. Hope this helps anyone thinking about this procedure.

Pics to go with 3 week review

A Few Extras

Along with applying Prepetatipn H for the redness and swelling, I've also had nice results using virgin coconut oil (has great anti inflammatory properties and anti bacterial). I have a clairsonic that helped too about a week out to help lymphatics drain. Also here is a no lipstick pic :)
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

At this point he did really nice job, seemed super knowledgable addresses my concerns and what I wanted outcome to be. Kind, caring and professional.