Supposedly "Weekend Procedure" Turned Nightmare

I went into Lifestyle Lift to simply lose the...

I went into Lifestyle Lift to simply lose the jowls that are hereditary in my family. At 45 I was a fairly attractive woman but looked like I was frowning all the time.

Well let me warn all of you that the MD did more than a "simple weekend lift". I was told I would only have a small incision into my ear and at my hair line but they felt I needed lipo of my neck also so just a tiny incision would be under my chin. I now am postop 7 days; the MD literally removed my ear and tightened my neck muscles. My ears are crooked, numb and I have sutures running all the way around my ears, up the front of my hairline and approx. 3 inches in the back of my hairline.

I am a nurse and realize that this amount of surgery should have been done in a hospital under general anesthesia and I should of had an ovenight stay. Instead I was rushed out the door for my son to take care of me. I have developed Bells Palsy, have cellulitis on the left side of my face and neck and am in intense pain. Has the Lifestyle Lift MD helped or even called to check on me? NO! I insisted on returning 4 days postop and was given methylprednisolone and acylclovir for the Bells Palsy and a script for Loratab for the pain. I have ran a temp on and off the whole week and am horrified after reading other stories of women that have been manipulated by this place and have poor results. How can they stay in business and what can we do to shut them down for good?

I return today to have my sutures out but if the redness and swelling is not better I am going to have to go to the hospital where I work and probably have IV therapy which of course Lifestyle Lift is not responsible for.

My 4-7 day simple lift has turned into a nightmare! I have had to take medical leave and am praying that I look normal again in my lifetime!

I am so sorry that this has happened to you (and many other women). Your complaints are echoed through out realself. I hope that any woman or man considering facial surgery will take the time to get a 2nd opinion from a BOARD Certified Plastic Surgeon recognized by ABFPS. Just because they boast that they do thousands of lifts a year does not mean that they are good. I do hope you find yourself on the mend soon. I wish you the best, Chrystal.
Chrystal I actually have improved greatly after daily trips back to the Huntersville office. I in fact did consult other plastic surgeons that I know prior to going to LSL. They wanted to do a "total" facelift with muscle involvement but I didn't want that. This is why I was so shocked with my incision lines and the amount of work that the PS did. I was expecting a "minilift" and got a "traditional facelift". My complications were due to an infection within my body and my immune system being already low since I had an upper respiratory infection for 2 weeks prior to surgery. The LSL MD actually rescheduled my surgery and had me on an ABT to assist with my URI. He has shown much compassion and concern since I returned the day I was in such misery. I have 3 drains to eliminate the infection and actually think I look like a person again. My ears that were lopsided look much better since the swelling and redness has went down. As for all of the advertisements and informercials I agree they are misleading about this being "simple" weekend or lunchtime procedures however if all of the PS that LSL employed in their franchise were like the Huntersville PS then people would be much more satisfied. He has treated me every day and is very caring and compassionate, he has apologized that I have went through such agony which is by the way no fault of his. I want to add I haven't been offered compensation to change my mind, I was taught to always admit when I am wrong and with my previous post I did a great injustice to a very caring MD! My healing will take much longer with all my set backs but I will post pictures of before and after when all bruising and healing is complete so everyone can make their own judgements. I have gotten to know this PS @ LSL and he is very knowledgeable as well as kind. I have met many other clients in the waiting room and most all have been pleased but all have stated how well they like the MD. It's refreshing to meet a caring MD as I work with many and rarely find them as nice and caring as Dr. D.

I am retracting the previous posting since much...

I am retracting the previous posting since much research on my part. the LSL MD has been very caring and seen me daily since I developed the infection. My Bells Palsy as well as infection were not due to anything the PS @ LSL did.

The URI I had for 2 weeks prior to the procedure was why I developed the Bells Palsy as well as the horrible infection that did has inhibited my healing as well as made my ears feel like they are coming off my head!

I truly believe that once my infection is gone and I can start to heal then I will be much more satisfied with my results even though it's more than I bargained for. I know that i will always question more and ask for exact specifics plus plan better than I did this time.

Now as far as the PS, he has truly been great! I am not getting compensated in anyway and I realize other women have had horrifying results however I pray that once I heal I can post pictures that show positive results.

The advertising is misleading and the consultants should have some medical degree, this I do believe. This would be a great job for nurses wishing to get out of the hospital setting.

I'm tired of MD's telling us; You got what you paid for...What the heck, This is not cheap, people work hard for their money and to drop 6 to 10 thousand at one time is a lot of money for some of us. If it does not work or leaves anyone with pain, horrible scars and dissatisfied, I think something needs to be done.
You are so right Lv1054! Something must be done and it is up to us to do it. We have to fight back by giving information to others considering this facial rejuvenation/procedure (actually surgery"). The only way to do that is to post of your ordeal and to warn others of the potential harm. The advertising is misleading and if no one has ever had to deal with a plastic surgeon before then they would not know what they are getting into. If you only research by using the information given on the LSL website, everything would look great. I hope people will go further and find realself and take the time to get a 2nd opinion before considering this surgery! Best, Chrystal Eckes
There is something happening LV1054... so give us a contact and you can be filled in asap. They're advertising out the ying yang and as far as I know they've just tried to pull a commercial scam on this website! They're having to try to do MAJOR damage control because all of the blood they've spilled is coming back to haunt them..... And can you imagine what the cost of their advertising budget is??? That's A LOT of blood money!
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

He has been very caring and compassionate since I developed the infection and has seen me daily. Truly seems geniune in care of your well-being.