Great Lip Lift in Huntersville NC - Huntersville, NC

I had contemplated for quite some time having a...

I had contemplated for quite some time having a lip lift. I was very reluctant as it seemed as though there were very few doctors that had mastered this procedure. Either the scars were so bad afterward that it wasn't worth it or it didn't seem like there was much difference from the befores and afters that I had seen. I didn't have much time for recovery and couldn't have a frankenstein looking scar underneath my nose. I have had several procedures from my doctor but wasn't sure if he preformed lip lifts. I knew he was excellent at everything else, so I finally spoke to him and decided to go for it. It has been less than 24 hours and already I look so much better. There is some minor swelling but I am so excited about the outcome. I actually went out in public today and I don't think most people even noticed. I look pretty normal. I'm going back to work tomorrow!

His attention for detail and the way he closed my wound is going to make my result probably almost scarless! He used deep sutures underneath so there are only two tiny sutures on each side of my nose. This will allow the lift to be better supported and keep the scar nice and thin and not stretch out from the pulling down of the lip. He gave me a shot to numb the area so I was awake the entire time. He actually let me look at how much I would be lifted before closing to make sure that I was happy. Obviously only time will tell, but as of today I only have a nice thin line underneath my nose and I think it's going to look awesome. I am so glad I finally bit the bullet. I will take pictures everyday and post soon.

Great Lip Lift in Huntersville NC

It is 4 days post op and I feel great. I only had a slight bit of I wouldn't even call it pain for a little while the first evening, but it subsided a few hours after the procedure and that was it. I never took any pain meds! I have no numbness whatsoever and I think most of the swelling is gone from what I can tell. I have full use of my lip and my incision line is barely noticeable. I am very pleased with my results! I might would have taken 1mm more of skin but would rather have my doctor take the conservative approach as he said we can always take a little more. Better to be safe than sorry! I'm not sure if I will lift it any more, but if I do, I know the recovery will be a breeze. My doc is the best!! I promise to try to post pictures soon.

Quick update...day 6

It's the 6th day since my lip lift and my incision line is so unnoticeable. I have no swelling and everything is back to normal. The down time for this procedure is so minimal (I think that is as long as you go to the right doctor)! I do think I am going to have my doc do just a tiny bit more lift, but I am so tickled with the change. It didn't dawn on me until a few minutes ago that I have a camera on my computer.....duh, so I took a quick pic and I will at least post it for now. I will try to get the earlier ones on tomorrow or the next day.

the day after

the before shot

Look at how much distance I had between my lip and my nose....yuck!!!!

immediately after

before and after

3 weeks later......

I am 3 weeks and 3 days post lip lift and I am so happy with my results. I don't have to draw my lip on any more!!! It is one of the best things I have ever done. The way the lower part of my face looks is so much better than before. It has made such a huge difference in my appearance. My scar is not noticeable to anyone! I highly recommend this procedure to anyone that is self conscious about having too much distance between their lip and nose or a thin lip. I just can't say enough about how much of a difference it has made. I am so happy!!!

Loving my lip and scar looks amazing after revision

I had a second procedure done 11 days ago and it looks fantastic. I was a little worried initially because my swelling was a little more than the previous time and one side was a little higher, but that being said my swelling was almost nothing the first time. Within several days the swelling was down and I was back to work. I sing in a band and I was on stage performing 4 days later. No one said a word and I was with band mates that are like my brothers/sisters and would have said something if they thought anything was up. I am so happy with my results!! It makes a huge difference in my appearance. I know a lot of you guys are questioning what doctor to go to and that is a huge decision because that means everything when it comes to this procedure. Also a lot of you are questioning the scar. I HAVE NOT been covering my scar with anything except ointment and no one can even tell. My husband who is always very honest says that you can't tell at all!!! That says a lot. I'm not trying to talk anyone into anything, but go to see Dr. Hunstad and judge for yourself. I drive 2 hours one way to see him and would drive farther if I had to. I trust him to do anything and I can't say that about any other doctor. This is your face!!!!! Go to someone who knows what they are doing.

Photos

From day after to days out....

Updated picture smiling

tooth show as of today

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

I have had multiple procedures from my doctor and I am always so happy that I had them done. Not only is he a perfectionist and an awesome surgeon, he has the best personality! He is so caring and always takes as much time with you as you need so that you feel comfortable with what he is going to do. Honestly, I wouldn't go anywhere else even if I had the choice to go anywhere in the US.