41y/o Spinster Finally Did It! - Huntersville, NC

I've had large breasts always and was very...

I used to work with my surgeon and I love him.  I've had large breasts always and was very overweight most of my life. I finally changed my lifestyle 4 years ago and lost 80lbs over 2 years. My bra size went from 40DD to 36DDD (the additional 'D' is purely from Lane Bryant changing their sizing). My breasts weren't as heavy as some, but they were very long. I hoped insurance would cover a reduction after the significant weight loss, but was unsure. So many people very obviously need a reduction more than me. However, due to a family history of breast cancer, my insurance covered the surgery. Yay! I am 2 weeks out and could not be happier! My new breasts are like foreign objects to me! The recovery has been a lot easier than I expected. I felt so good and pain-free during the first week that I overdid and was a little sore towards the end of the first week. But, nothing a few ibuprofen couldn't handle. Healing very well so far. I would recommend this procedure that anyone that is interested and able to do it.

One Month Post-op

My surgery was 4 weeks ago today. I am absolutely thrilled with the results!! Everyone says their breast are still very swollen, but I don't feel like I am and I hope they don't go down in size too much. Either way, I am happy! :)
Charlotte General Surgeon

I knew that he does quality work and that he is a Christian, which was important to me.

Still looking awesome. Saw your "spinsta style" comment and cracked up ; ) Yup, I'm still feeling a bit swollen, but definitely starting to jiggle some. Glad you're happy!
well done on your weight loss and congratulations on the surgery. spinster? in the UK not a nice word, surely Young, Free and Happily Single!!!!!
Thanks! I'm rockin' it...Spinsta Style! ;)
Your results are great! I had my surgery on April 1st, so just a little ahead of you. Glad everything is going smoothly ; )
Thank you, wan2Bfit! I hope you're doing well, too. :)
Thank you, Nice Pear!
Your breast are beautiful!
Thank you, makingchanges2014!
Congratulations on making the decision! Looks like you are healing wonderfully too. My surgery is tomorrow, April 21, and I'm so ready to get this done. Good luck with the rest of your recovery and keep us updated.
Good luck tomorrow, Tennessee Rose! You're gonna love it!
Thank you, Tarheel Girl! I just laid out 2 of my post-op bras--will take both with me since I'm not sure which will work better. Also tried on a button up shirt I just bought Fri; it's too small, at least for now! It should fit fine in a couple of months after healing/settling.
I was sent home wrapped up in a large ace bandage and am in sports/compression bras for 6 weeks. I recommend a big button up shirt to come home in; it won't feel good to lift your arms high for a couple days.
Thanks for your review. Its interesting that the family history of breast cancer was taken into account - I have read several studies saying that reduction does significantly reduce your risk - but I hadnt seen it mentioned before as an accepted criterion by insurance companies. Its great that you did this, and you look great. very encouraging for those about to take the plunge!