Finally Did it! 130lbs 5'5" 405HP Sientra Silicone Implants! - Hickory, North Carolina

I have been doing so much research on breast...

I have been doing so much research on breast augmentation. Thanks to RealSelf and all the lovely ladies on here for being honest and upfront.
I am 25 years old, weigh 135 lbs and am 5'5" tall. I have a pear shaped body and by thighs and butt are disproportionate to my upper body (I am very muscular). I have been wanting implants since I was about 18 years old.
I went for my first consultation yesterday with Dr. Hunstad in Huntersville, NC. I read his research on PubMed and his credentials appealed to me. He seemed very down to earth and very informative during my consultation.
We discussed having 375-400(right) or 400-425(left breast is smaller) silicon implants placed subfascially through my areola. He recommended under the breast crease, but I was worried about keloid scar formation and we decided the areolar would be best. I was very pleased that his infection rate is 0% and he explained all the procedures and prophylatic measures they take in the office to prevent infection.
I am looking around for another doctor for a consulation to get a second opinion and decide who I prefer. Any suggestions in the Charlotte/Huntersville NC area would be wonderful!

Options...

I am considering having a consultation with Gregory Swank at Piedmont Plastic Surgery in Hickory. A girl friend's sister of mine had implants placed by him and she loves them. Hopefully by the end of January I'll have my consultation :). Any suggestions would be great~!

Another Consultation

I have a Consultation with Gregory Swank tomorrow at 2:15 PM at Piedmont Plastic Surgery in the Hickory, NC Office. I'm looking forward to what a different doctor has to say. Let's hope it goes well!

Well...

I had my consultation with Gregory Swank and am positive that I will have my breast augmentation done in the Hickory, NC Piedmont Plastic Surgery Office. I'm just really unsure as to when. Since I'm in graduate school its a little difficult to plan around everything. I'm thinking about having it in March because the only other convenient time would be sometime in August. I'm not sure how soon in advance I should book my appointment... I would definitely like them sooner so I am really torn.
Dr. Swank suggested under the muscle and inframmamory. I really wasn't wanting them placed that way... I would prefer them to cut my areolar because I scar very easily and the smaller the scar the better. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the placement of the scar and which they preferred?

Pictures I like

***Before

Pictures I like

Yay! We are booked!

So I decided after much deliberation to schedule my surgery for June... since I will not have my rotations during that month and will only have online classes!! Paid my $500 to secure my date... SUPER excited!!

Like the look

~One Month

I am about one month away from my surgery date and am very excited! I was wondering I should do to prepare my body for the surgery? I've tried to get things ready (baby wipes, cleaning supplies, etc) so that when I finally do have my surgery I can take it easy. Does anyone have any suggestions that helped them?

Tomorrow is the Big Day

Excited about tomorrow! I will be sure to post some pictures after surgery.

Post Op

Everything went well! Got done faster than expected, which was great. I had 405 HP Silicone implants placed over the muscle. I experienced shivering for about 10 minutes after the anesthesia wore off. I'm going to try to get a list of all the medications they had me on IV. I do have some pain and lots is tightness, but nothing unbearable. Just took my pain medication so that'll help too. So glad I have someone to take care of me. It's so difficult to move my upper body! I'm going to try to walk around the house today to get blood flow moving. Overall, the experience wasn't bad at all. I have my pre op tomorrow at 9AM.

Day 2

Ouch! I woke up this morning and was in pain, but took another Percocet and that helped. Had my first post-op and everything looks great. I was oked to shower and will do that today. They already feel like a part of my body. They are still very sore and the band around the top to bring them down is probably one of the most uncomfortable parts. I am currently taking Percocet every 4 hours as needed for pain, Cyclobenzaprine for the muscle spasm/pain and Cephalexin for the antibiotic. No issues with the medication except that it make me flush a little. Not sure which drug is the culprit. I did not experience any post operative nausea and/or vomiting, but I was given Zofran just in case.

Post Op Pics

Day 3 Post Op

Still sore but I'm able to move my arms up and haven't been taking the pain medication. I am still taking maximum strength Tylenol and muscle relaxers for the pain. Everything feels tight and I have had a little bruising. Hoping everything heals quickly!

Day 9 post Op

So I am already loving the new editions! I am still sore and am still taking Tylenol. I went back to work on the 18th and it was a very difficult first day. But since I have felt better in terms of soreness. I walk around a lot on the job so it took a day for my body to get use to the movement with the extra weight. I have EXTREME sensitivity in my nipples and to have a bra on or anything touching them is painful. I know that that's normal but it is very uncomfortable. I have my check up this coming Tuesday and an very excited to begin massages and get the girls feeling less tight. The incisions itch a little but it's similar to others stitches I've had. They are still swollen and I had to buy bras for work and got siZed as a 34DD at VS. This will not be my size in the end but it was good to hear for once! The swelling has gone down considerably already and I can already wear a 36C sports bra (a little big around but the girls rest comfortably in the cups).I hated to buy bras but had to buy something that was appropriate under my work clothing. So far so good and I am so happy with my decision to get them!

Gregory Swank