So Much More Painful Than I Imagined - Houston, TX

I read all these reviews and asked a lot of...

I read all these reviews and asked a lot of questions but even with taking some pain medications before the procedure I was in a lot of pain. I also ended up with bruising, swelling and some red lines on my neck .I could never have gone back to work. I wanted to improve my jawline which was getting a little jowly and so far I am not seeing too much difference but since I was told it might take 30-60 days I will wait and see. I am not sure I would recommend this procedure to anyone until I see some results because of the pain and bruising.

It has now been over 6 weeks since my Ultherapy....

It has now been over 6 weeks since my Ultherapy. Still have some annoying side effects. Half od my scalp is still numb and the area under my chin is still sensitive to touch. I will be contacting the office this week since I am now starting to be concerned. After reading most of these comments, it is obvious that there are some really good practitioners out there that take the time to discuss everything with their patients and also make extra efforts to minimize or eliminate the kind of side effect that I (and others) have experienced. I wish I had gone to one of those...mine was more like, " you're going to be so happy, it might be a little uncomfortable and give me the money". Live and learn. As I mentioned before I should have done a lot more research and paid a lot less money..if I even went ahead with the procedure. So far I see no improvement in any area of my face or neck..Very unhappy .

Need to add...

My doctor did make this right for me...although I never got a clear explanation as to why my effects were so severe she did give me a credit and I have worked with her on some other ways to improve my appearance. Renee has been very kind to me and I wanted to make sure that I acknowledged her actions. Having said that...I would still NEVER recommend this procedure to anyone.
Renee Arriaga

She was very nice but I was told the procedure would take a couple of hours and it took 3. When I left all the office staff had left and I got no aftercare information or guidance. I was also charged more than the procedure was advertised for on their website. I made the appt by phone and got the pricing from the office but afterwords when I went to find out about some of the side effects I was having I noticed that the price was $500 less than what I paid. I have emailed and called the office with no response.

I had the procedure done a couple of months ago~~~~~ I had freezing done first, so felt almost nothing, but there is no difference , look exactly the same as before, except broke .
I am wondering, after reading up on "buying" one of these machines to do it myself), if the bad results are on the people who have had botox, fillers, etc. treatments before? From what I read on the machines, the operator should start at 1/3 the max for 4-6 treatments a week and gradually working up to the max, which is still NOT the max the machine is capable of. I am wondering if these professionals have not taken the time needed to do these right. I am getting from the comments here that the treatments are at the max and only one appointment. The machines to buy are in the $600-$700 range, and not anywhere near the price of one treatment. I am still going back and forth on whether to get the machine and do it myself a little at a time, or just to forget it and age gracefully....:)
Does anyone know the name of the machine used to perform Ultherapy?
I had asked what could be done because of the lack of results on a full face lift, brow and neck lift (see my review) by Dr. Mentz and was told other then surgery to see Renee for Ultherapy. Is this Renee with Dr. Mentz?
Yes..same Renee. She is very nice and has done all she can to make things right with me after the awful experience I had with Ultherapy. She has told me that they now use a much lower power with the same results so perhaps the whole experience is better. I will say that they charge (or charged) a lot more for the procedure than I am seeing from other folks on this site and again, I saw no improvement. I am surprised to hear that you had no results with the surgery you had..I think I would be asking questions about that before I decided to try Ultherapy. I have been considering surgery but your comment makes me wonder..Can you share any details? A full face lift, brow lift and neck lift should have made a huge difference.
So sorry for your experience. I too had Ultherapy four months ago with NO results. I still have a painful burning sensation on both sides of my neck, numbness around my jawline and red marks. My doctor has a wonderful reputation, having even been published. It's the Ultherapy - dangerous and a waste of money.
I have raised lines along my cheeks, pain, numbness and bruising, all of which i was told would go away in a day. Ha! The only thing that went away was my money! Ideal Image has been very defensive about my reaction, and of no help. Stay away from Ideal Image and stay away from Ultherapy!

I may be the only guy in here, but thought I'd share that it wasn't all that painful for me and I didn't take much in the way of meds. In terms of effects, my cheeks lifted noticeably and I look at least five years younger or perhaps even more. I've had several people ask if I've had a facelift about 5 weeks after the procedure, including a cousin who hadn't seen me for a few years. Others said I looked "different". The only downside I noticed was that I have a slightly sagging area to the sides of my chin that I had never noticed before. Its not a big deal except in certain light conditions (shadowing from above and side). I asked the doctor and he says nobody has ever mentioned this before. Desite that, it was worth it for me to drop from a youthful 57 to a youthful 50-52. But I don't know if I'd risk a second treatment -- don't want that chin-sag thing to worsen....

Well I am at the 3 month mark and cannot honestly say that I see any improvement. My neck still has some red marks that I don't think will go away since they have not faded a bit. I will be scheduling a 3 month post procedure visit at the end of the month. They will take pictures and it's possible that the change is so subtle that I have not noticed it ..but if that's the case then this is way too expensive a procedure for that kind of result. Also, no one has come up to me and said "wow you look great, what did you do". The feeling is just coming back in my scalp so hopefully in another month it will be back to normal. I am convinced that my practitioner did not do the procedure properly based on the other feedback on this site. I will be discussing what they can do to improve the appearance of my neck now that it looks worse than it did before the procedure. Maybe I was just unlucky but -as I have said before- I would NEVER recommend Ultherapy to anyone. Money down the drain as far as I'm concerned.
My 3-month mark is Friday and I'm not expecring to see anything - ever. They didn't even mention a follow-up appt even though they took pics. I won't set foot in that place again!
Joni where did u go ?
Can you make a complaint with your state Medical board?

Please tell me who do see in Las vegas? I m considering this procedure i want to do it asap. you might change my mind. Thank you, appreciate your input

Thank you for your comment I also had extreme pain and same kind of marks. Which makeup does not cover. I still feel shocked at the pain. Three months later, the result was not worth it.

A Very Painful Experience! (Ventura County, Ca.) It's been one week since my Ultherapy treatment and I am still bruised and swollen. I also did considerable research and had a counseling pre-appointment prior to my treatment, but nothing prepared me for the amount of pain I experienced and I am no light-weight. I've had a few procedures done that others told me were somewhat painful that I thought were a breeze, I've had eyeliner tattoed but on a scale of 1 to 10, this treatment was a 10 on the pain scale. At my pre-appointment I was told I should be fine in one or two days to return to work (I still have not returned) and I might have some bruising and swelling. My bruising is significant extending from the front of my neck which is also extremely swollen and sore, up to my jawline and frown lines around my mouth which are very darkly bruised. My scalp is sore and still feels numb and tingly in spots. The pre-medication I took, did not help at all with the pain or relaxation for me. My procedure did only take 2 hours, but I did not receive any after-care instructions and I was disappointed that I didn't receive a phone call from someone in the office to see how I was doing in the following 24-48 hours. On the third day I phoned into the office and was told it was "too late" for ice (I wish I would have known to use ice in the first place) and the pain should subside. Today, one week later I did receive a follow up call from someone else in the office and I explained the situation. We will see how I feel in one more week.

Total waste of money...for us...... Making Doctors rich.
Great review
Can you make a complaint to the Clalifornia medical board?
Oh, Sallyjayne...my heart goes out to you. I have gone back and forth on here, where one gal (who's experience was clearly different than ours) didn't seem to grasp how horrific this can be. I only had my eye area done (forehead and above cheekbones. I was pretty heavily drugged (so much so that right afterward I started throwing up, and got home and slept for hours), and I would still liken it to TORTURE. I had visions of Frankenstein's monster (timely) being shocked. Nobody has called me most-treatment either. Guess they don't want patients very bad. I'm a little over 3 weeks post, and still have pain in my scalp. I think that when that white-hot charge travels up the nerves (OMG) it causes damage. Otherwise, why would they still hurt (and the surrounding area). I think that years from now younger women will be astounded at how barbaric this treatment is...and what we put ourselves through.
meant to type "post treatment" not "most" :)
I feel so bad for you I had it 2 weeks ago I did not have any bruising was swollen for a week and a half and just a bit of tenderness under chin left. It was painful at certain areas. Will get pic done tomorrow to see any changes at the 2 week mark. They should say it will be 2 weeks til you feel normal instead of a couple days then we wouldn't freak out so bad. Good luck
What doctor did you see in Houston?
Where in Ventura Co? I am having it done next week in Ventura Co.
Did you have your procedure done in Houston TX?
Yes as a patient of Dr. Henry Mentz, Houston, TX