Dr Cortes is a theif!

I have a bbl review but since I changed my...

I have a bbl review but since I changed my procedure to TT I thought I'd start one here. I initially wanted a bbl then a TT but due to financial and down time consideration I decided on just a TT. I am happily married, mid 30s mom of 6 (2step). I have been bigger all my life and in fall 2012 I decided I was done. At 222 lbs and 5 ft tall I began to work out and eat less, not really better just less, and in 10 mo I was down 65 lbs!! Then STUCK at 159 ish since. I never wanted to be thin. I think thick is sexy but I do have a large overhanging apron that I can't get over. Hence the TT.
Through the bbl reviews I have "met" some amazing women and I hope to do the same here

Medicine ????

I just read that you should stop any medication prior to surgery. So I was wondering if any of you are on synthroid for thyroid problems? I also take flings tone vitamins with iron since my iron runs low. Wondering if any of these would be an issue

Motivation wall..

Ok I'm moving some post over. I initially had a bbl review and since I've switched over to a TT I wanted a TT review. I'm feeling more positive about things and am very excited for my surgery. :) Anyway here is my motivation wall.

A message from the Doc

Wilberto Cortes, MD February 13, 2014
Dear patients: I want to thank you for being part of my practice. First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you might have had, if at any given time, you have not been able to communicate by phone with my office. Our practice has undergone an unprecedented growth. For this reason, we have implemented a new text system where you can communicate during business hours to one of our live operators. The number to text any concern or question is 936-760-2696. I hope to serve you in the nearby future to satisfy your desired cosmetic needs. These include the hourglass tummy tuck, the wonder breast lift, the wonder breast reduction, and buttock augmentation with high volume fat transfer, among other techniques that I have invented. Thank you for being part of my practice and God bless you all. Truly yours, Wilberto Cort├ęs Plastic Surgeon

Be patient, they are working on it

Ok Dr Cortes practice went from small and quaint to big and booming! He is THE BEST and people are taking notice in droves! He is experiencing some growing pains but he is getting there. I myself got caught up in the frustration and impatientness. But I know I did my research and I know why I picked him. His work speaks for itself. He is understanding, realistic and I trust him with my life in his hands! If you haven't checked him out yet, you need to.

Wow that was quick!!

Ok I live about 2.5 hours from the hosp in Houston so I texted Dr Cortes office to ask how long post op I need to stay in town. (Reading here I've found anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks) so I just wanted to be sure! And before my phone hit the bed Ms Lucy was calling me back. She said that since I'm so close I can leave after a day!! I'd have to stop every hour to walk but still I can go home!! I'd just have to go back 5-7 days post op to have drains removed. And since my mom (RN) and aunt (home health care aide) are the two who are staying with me post op I feel ok with coming home. I talked it over with my aunt, who is the one who will be with me the whole time, and we are going to make the final decision on how long to stay one we are there and base it on how I'm feeling.
Anyway THANK YOU Ms Lucy for such a quick reply!

Dem hips!

Just a few shapes I admire...

Obsessed!

Ok last night NO SLEEP I dreamt about surgery all night!! Freaking out about last minute arrangements supplies etc. craziness! So ready to be on the flat side and have this insanity past me.

Getting excited!

Only 40 days til go time. Finances are just about together. (I'm putting up funds to cover any and all expenses for 3 weeks post op)
Feeling secure with Dr Cortes, I'm watching MzPhatBootys transformation closely, even got the chance to talk to her the other day. Such a a sweetheart.
I'm still maintaining weight at 158 but haven't been pushing nearly as hard as I have in the past. I'm not worried though, I've never wanted to be small. I've always thought "thick" was sexy. At 5 ft-ish and 158 lbs I'm ok with the way I look. Not happy with the skin apron or the stubborn fat around the bra area but I know Cortes is fixing to take care of that.
I don't know about y'all but I'm constantly pulling and tugging on everything trying to imagine how I will look after. I think I will probably return to Dr Cortes later and get a BBL but for now this stomach was my main concern. After losing so much weight I wanna look like they thick n sexy chicka I see myself as :)

Before...

Ok so here are some before shots. It just occurred to me I spend a lot of my day "slightly holding it in ". Anyway this should give you a good idea of before as you can see I think I have a pretty cute waste just have to get the stomach out-of-the-way and most probably work on the butt later. Also as you can see due to giving birth umpteen times my mons? (We call it kat) is fat and has way stretch out stretch marks. But I believe a lot of ladies here have mentioned that gets pulled up with the TT. So anyway here's the befores...

Almost forgot to tell you....

Just made FIVE weeks smoke free :) I am going to be honest it has sucked but I know it's for a reason and even one could affect my healing so every time I think about it I remember why. So GO ME!!

AS POSTED ON "ANSWERS" BY DR CORTES

The refund policy for surgery depends on the surgeons practice. In my practice, we refund everything except a $500.00 deposit to save the day for surgery. Remember, if you cancel within 24hrs the surgeon will be losing a potential day that he can use for another patient.

Web reference:

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Wilberto Cortes, MD

Houston Plastic Surgeon

5.0 out of 5 stars 236 reviews

However I was informed that if I cancel, 30% will be "non-refundable". That's $2100.00 HUGE difference

starting to leave a bad taste in my mouth

*Just like to preempt this by saying while signing intake papers at Dr Cortes office, I noticed one of the papers mentioned a 30% fee, so I questioned it before signing and was told that ONLY the $500 deposit was non refundable.

ok so as some of you know, I originally scheduled a BBL for sept 20 2013 in late summer of 2013 at which time I paid my 500 NON refundable dep. Quite some time before my actual surgery date I changed my surgery to a TT for april 22 2014 but was told I had to pay that 30% of the surgery which comes to $2100. As yall know I have been preparing and very much looking forward to my surgery. I had lined up all travel plans for it, my family had already requested off to help with my children and my after care had already been arranged. Well on this past Friday I was served court papers stating I had to be in court on April 21st and that I would need council. I tried my best on yesterday (Monday) to get this date rescheduled with the court and was unable so yesterday afternoon I emailed Dr Cortes office to let them know I need to reschedule. This morning I got a call from Ms Lucy stating that since this was my 3rd time to reschedule that I needed to pay Dr fees in full?!?!? Ok but its NOT my 3rd time rescheduling. So she explained that anytime they enter your name on the schedule (including the FIRST time, its considered a reschedule). OK?!?! SO I figured rather then "re-schedule" I will cancel and call in when I am SURE I can make it. But WAIT. UNLIKE what Dr Cortes said that the $500 NON refundable deposit is the only thing they hold, Ms Lucy says office policy is the the 30% is NON REFUNDABLE!!!
I offered to fax over the court papers since these are extenuating circumstances but she didn't need them.
I have spoken out for Dr Cortes and his office, knowing he was in a transitional phase but this is just plain messed up.
So if I Cancel I lose $2100 even though Dr Cortes said only $500 was non refundable. And since what I had saved to pay the remainder for the surgery is now paying a lawyer. I would need a few months to get that back saved but according to the office I only get 30 days to pay. Wow just wow.

I really do want Dr Cortes but

As I said below I really do want Dr Cortes to do my surgery because I want the curves that he provides but this is just bad customer service

Janiris to the rescue.

Ok so I just recd a call from Mrs Janiris who corrected the information I was given. Basically you have to pay the 30% to reschedule (which I had already paid). Ms Janiris was very sympathetic to my situation and explained that everyone handles a different department. and finance is NOT Lucys dept.
I completely understand that Dr Cortes office is going through and insaine boom right now and Im very glad that Mrs Janiris contacted me to clear things up but I really hope he gets his office situation handled soon. Its seems to be becoming his downfall. Customer service is such a vital part of any business and "customers" can be lost at any level of the process. I think it gets forgotten that this very much is a two way street. Dr Cortes has his time, staff, supplies and money wrapped into each surgery but we also are investing our time, money, hopes and trust into him.
anyway..
Thanks again to Ms Janiris, for clearing things up

Dr Cortes skills not in question

FOR MEEEEE Dr Cortes skills are not in question. I know that lately there have been a few ladies that have not been happy with their results on their bodies and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And let's be honest we all have different ideas of beauty. I chose Dr. Cortes because I think his work is the best. Even after everything I've read and seen I still think Dr. Cortes is the best. My issue has been with miscommunication with office staff or delay in responses.

MzPhatBooty

A very special shot out to this lady she is an amazing woman inside and out. I thank you so much for your encouraging words today and open ears and heart and compassion to take and everything I was putting out. Really enjoyed the much-needed very long talk.

And exhale...

Ok so step one has gone in our direction in court proceedings. (Personal matter NOT affiliated with the Dr) just wanted to keep y'all up to date. This all has been such a overwhelming roller coaster ride. Please continue to pray for me. We are standing in faith waiting for our miracle. Thank all of you ladies for your support.

Still here...

Things have been crazy but pls know Im still here lurking. Thanks for all the support ladies. We have a pre-trial date coming I'll update soon :)

theres just no way..

I keep putting it off and hoping and praying I will come up with the money in time and there's just no way. Every penny I had saved plus another payment every week is going to my lawyer.
So I was wondering what are my options?
Ive heard of people "buying" earlier dates, I also know that Dr Cortes himself posted that ONLY 500 would not be refunded but I was told that someone else had a hard time of getting what she had paid in refunded also... so what do I do......?
I WANT this surgery and I DESERVE this surgery but without a doubt in my mind my kids come first and until this is all settled I just cant afford it.

Cortes Text line..

Has this Text line worked for anyone? I seem to be unable to get an answer on there

ok has ANYONE been able to contact dr cortes office?

since 6-11 I have sent 3 text and 3 emails and received 0 replies

$2100 in and I cant get a reply.

This isn't right and now I get an inbox saying that you don't get your refund? Non refundable MEANS that you don't get it back. The ONLY thing I was told I wouldn't get back is the NON REFUNDABLE $500.

Finally I get a call!!

I love Dr Cortes but he simply does not have enough staff.

back at it....

Hello there Dr Cortes office. Maybe I can get a reply Here!?!? I sent your office a certified letter that delivery was attempted on 8/21. Your office refused to sign for it. I emailed your office on 8/22 and again on 8/25. I called your office on the morning of 8/26 and verified that I did in fact have the correct mailing address. I also private messaged Ms. Janaris through this site and sent a text message through the text line listed on your website. At this time I prefer you reply through email, text or letterhead.

you're kidding me right

So apparently Lucy called to check on me with-in an hour of me posting. Randomly. (insert sarcastic smirk here) She claims they haven't received my emails or text and that they only work out of the Houston office two days a week on Tues and Thurs and that I should have sent my letter to the Conroe office. However my letter was refused on a Thurs so that blows that out the water. Next she tells me that my emails must have gone to "Peia?" and that I should not have used the info@reju.... because that is only used to send out marketing info. OK well all I did was REPLY to a previous message sent to me personally from Janaris so BaM! Next excuse please. She doesn't know why she hasn't received the text, they "should" have come directly to her. Then she tells me that I will need to speak to Janaris about the refund policy but she is not in the office yet. I am aware of the policy. Please see above entry titled "As posted on "Ansewers" by Dr Cortes" I did not request the $500 non refundable portion of my payments back.
I had one consult in which I paid the deposit. My date was canceled WAY in advance. You have not done ANY services for me. Refund my money.

Please know I will not just go away

ok so here is the break down of my attempts to get in touch with Dr Cortes office to get my refund: (keep in mind I initially didn't want to call because I wanted proof of anything that was said)
*8/19 sent a certified letter (letter rejected on 8/21)
*emailed 8/22 8/25 8/27
*text 8/26 8/27
*contacted Janaris via RS 8/26
*faxed 8/26 (attempted to fax again today 8/28 and include previous confirmation sheet but got "no answer")
* spoke with office/ phone 8/26 8/27 (on 8/27 was told Janaris was there earlier but isn't now??)

let me first say...

... that I would love nothing more than to come on here and post that Dr Cortes did the Legally, morally, professionally RIGHT thing to do and refunded my money. It is my understanding that their new policy says No refunds. Good for them for updating. However I didn't sign that policy.
And if/WHEN I do receive my refund I will let each of you ladies know he did the right thing, and I will gladly be deleting my blog and moving on with life. Until he does do the RIGHT thing I will post each and every detail of my ordeal in a very open, clear, and honest manner, because that's what this is all about right.... Our experience.

The saga continues...

This is by far the worst experience I have had with anyone in the medical field EVER. I tried my very best to hold off on saying anything negative about Dr Cortes. I understand that in a profession such as this, word of mouth can make or break a business. As you can read in my previous post and comments to others pages I was a big supporter of Dr Cortes. I am by no means intentionally trying to cause any problems for Dr Cortes business. I am only stating MY experience and advising everyone to do their own research. It is my belief that I am owed a refund (minus my NON refundable deposit) and this blog is a completely factual account of my journey. When I first went to his office he was only handing a limited amount of patients and as a result, doing a great job as you can see I raved about him before. Due to the fact he WAS doing such a great job his business doubled maybe even tripled. And (IMO) his work reflects it! Through my research I have found, Less one on one with patients. Lack of attention to detail. Excessive sub par work, and even in some cases failing to do portions of the surgery agreed upon before hand. I have been told on several occasions by his staff that others in his staff are misinformed or even wrong regarding policy that they give to patients. I'm sorry but that is no excuse. Your employees represent you! I have now been given two different stories of when their office is even open. OK?? If you cant even tell me what day you get in your car and drive to work then there is NO WAY I feel confident to keep track of such and invasive procedure. I mean this is our LIVES!!! I have a rare blood condition. I discussed this with Dr Cortes during the consult. IF something was to "go wrong" there is a VERY LIMITED blood source that I can use as a transfusion. Im sorry but if you don't know what day you work when you have a "set" schedule I do not trust you to get such a complex problem solved. I have a family that needs me and cant risk losing me due to someone's lack of attention to detail.

I have been in contact with Janiris and am trying to handle this issue in a civil manner. I have not however been given any real answers to my questions other than straight up avoidance?!? I am, though, keeping track of every email, text, letter and phone call. It is really unfortunate that it has come to this.
Ladies please continue to pray that Dr Cortes does what he SHOULD.

Stay tuned :(

one after another

profiles are being deleted one after another that state a negative opinion of Dr Cortes. SMH I thought that was the whole point of this site.... to share our own experiences

Hello to Dr Cortes office...

If its not too much trouble could you possibly answer an email.... Shame on you and your office. This is not how you conduct a business.
Funny thing is ladies I can email and call and text and get no answer but as soon as I post here I miraculously get a call or email....

really? so now just no answer?

I will not waiver. This site is to tell our story and this is my infuriating experience with Dr Cortes office. I was advised by Realself staff that I cannot post my emails or phone calls. So this is an outline of my experience. Please know that I have saved ALL emails text and letters. I also advised Ms Janaris each time that we spoke that our phone call was being recorded.

I contacted Dr Cortes office via certified mail. Delivery was attempted on 8/21 but rejected.

Emailed his office 8/22 requesting refund

Resent email 8/25

I attempted to contact Mrs Janaris via realself on 8/26 and also sent a text on 8/26.

I did receive a call from Lucy on 8/26 and was told that she was unaware of any attempts to contact the office. So I faxed the letter that had been denied through certified mail.

On 8/27 2:13pm I called I called for Janaris and was told she was there that morning but had left for the day.
also emailed on this day

On 8/28 10:30am I called and was told Janaris was not there and I needed to call in the afternoon
At 2:55 pm I called and was told that Janaris would not be there at all today.

On 8/29 at 9:42am I called and was told that Janaris was again not in the office
Same day 11:13 am I finally get Janaris on the phone only to be told that she never got the messages, text fax, letters or anything and that she had been on vacation for a week and it was her first day back. (Keep in mind I was told 2 days ago that she was in the office) She said she would forward me the paperwork I signed and that they don't refund. I pointed out to her that Dr Cortes himself stated that the only portion non refundable was $500. To which she accused me of "altering" the post made on Realself. I received the email with the forms I signed and I emailed her back with my reason for canceling and pointed out that their policy that I signed doesn't state "No refunds" and I included the Statement from Dr Cortes about only $500 being non refundable. She replied by stating I need a medical reason to cancel. I told her that My MEDICAL reason is that I do not believe Dr Cortes recent sub par work is my best health to go forward with surgery. To which she replied I need a Drs note...... Ok again the policy states NOTHING about a Drs note.

I again contacted the office on 9/3 stating that their policy did not state I needed a Drs note to cancel. No reply

Resent email 9/5 No reply

Resent email 9/11 No reply

Resent email 9/12 No reply

Resent email 9/16 STILL no reply

To me this is such a simple issue. Keep my NON refundable deposit. RETURN my payment for services that were not rendered. WHY oh WHY is your office making this so difficult?

full of crap

wow there seems to be all these new great reviews for Dr Cortes but only one post and no pics. they don't answer to post and there story seems to RAVE on the Dr with no personal content.... seems a lil off to me. Ive been on this site for while now. Most of ladies have very details story of events. Several before, during and after shots along with wish pics. Ive now run across 4 BRAND NEW "people" with one paragraph reviews and no pics.. this is really getting ridiculous

how do you find out who a Drs attorney is?

anyone know?

Dr Cortes office...

Please have your legal council contact me.... You have my money and now are refusing to communicate with me in any manor.
If you have my money and TO YOU I am still considered a patient then WHY OH WHY do you refuse to speak to your patients?!?

anyone live in Houston?

Looking for someone who lives in Houston. Looks like I will be filing a case in small claims court.
Please inbox me.

I hope and pray that you ladies do your research. This man is lower than low. Greedy and heartless.

ladies SPEAK OUT

Do not just review here on Realself... Not everyone knows about this site. I urge you (no matter what your review) SPEAK OUT.
I was scared of the backlash from Dr Cortes office so for awhile I didn't post the full details here but how are others supposed to make informed decisions if we don't let them know. Post your FULL and TRUE reviews here and on other review sites so these people know what they are really getting into.

yet another day

surprise surprise surprise yet another day where Janaris is "not in the office yet". I've been calling since 8:30 am and keep getting told she should be there with-in an hour. Here it is 1:00 pm and you guessed it... she's "still not in"

These people

I just spent 29 mins in hold waiting for Janaris only to be hung up on. I called right back waited another 15 to be transfered to voicemail.

Really hung up on me

So after being transferred to voicemail I tried to call right back they picked up the phone and hung it right back up I tried to call back again and they transferred me from one extension to the next. Current patients please wake up as far as he's concerned I'm still his patient right? You still have my money right? You still tell me you're keeping my money so I can reschedule right? Yet you won't answer the phone.

Dr. Cortes office hear me loud and clear I will not shut up you have done the wrong thing you have not completed services for me you owe me my money I will scream it from the mountaintop and post on every single person's blog and every single review I can find. I will scream to everyone who will listen how you have done me wrong. You don't treat people this way. I work hard for my money and you have not completed any services. You do not prosper by being greedy and deceitful

Dr Cortes HIMSELF ...

So I messaged Dr Cortes personally!!! Still NOTHING... Pathetic!

Dr cortez cell

As I mentioned above I have messages Dr cortes on his personal cell 4 times now still no answer this guy is scum! DO YOU RESEARCH!!

Karma

Dr Cortes disgust me. So you BLOCK my number? Your whole argument is that you keep my money and give me the option to reschedule. Yet you Blocked my number. You are lower than low.
Do bad and it comes back to you....
Houston Plastic Surgeon

ok below was my original post.... now I'm just flaming mad because the office refused a certified letter I sent, refused to answer emails or text. How could anyone expect to go through a surgery with full confidence when I cant even get in touch with them PRE surgery. Dr Cortes was very genuine. He seemed to care about my wants and concerns. He patiently answered all my questions and I had A LOT. I've followed several of his patients and I think his work speaks for itself. After following current patients I see he gives each person what they want as long as you are realistic. I also like that his before/after pics show real results due to him taking them once most swelling has gone down.