Major set back, HELP Houston, TX

Hello, i'm 33 years old, i have 4 years old...

Hello, i'm 33 years old, i have 4 years old triplets (c-section), before that i had 2 surgeries done for ovarian border-line cancer, i feel like i have a freeway going through my stomach, my belly button is off, the left side of my tummy is higher than the right side. I have never been flat nor skinny but was very comfortable with how i looked and with my weight before all the surgeries and the kids.

I was 155 when i got married 7 years ago, i was 227 the day i gave birth a little over 4 years ago, since then it has been an on going struggle to lose weight, managed to lose some weight on and off, working out was near impossible with the kids, my weight stabilized at around 187, started dieting and working out when i decided to finally get TT done, i needed to commit and look forward to something, every time i lost weight i got more depressed because my stomach would be hanging out there, looking bigger than before (since everywhere else looked more toned), no one could tell i lost any weight, i knew i had to finally make up my mind and go for it.

I have chickened out few times before but this is it. I'm 170 right now and hoping to be around 160 on the day of my surgery on 3-19 (getting a TT and a lipo for the flanks area). I've been trying to do some reading to know what i might need to get prior to my surgery but i'm completely lost, any pointers would be greatly appreciated. My PS said she will be providing the girdle/binder to wear after the surgery, but I've been reading many comments about women buying their own, should i do that? Anything in particular? What else should i buy/get ready before the TT?

I am freaking out because i do have triplets, they are not in school yet and they are very attached to me, they are very affectionate and it kills me to think that i can't carry them and hold them tight for a while, but i do believe it is for the best for us all. Not ready to post my before pictures yet, hopefully i'll feel more comfortable soon. Good luck everyone :)

Update- surgery is now on the 20th not the 19th....

Update- surgery is now on the 20th not the 19th. They called and asked if they can reschedule me because my doctor was asked to assist in a reconstruction surgery for a cancer patient on the 19th.
My pre-op appointment is on March 7th :) Getting there, just hoping i can lose as much weight as i want by then!

I took some photos yesterday, OMG! I mean i knew...

I took some photos yesterday, OMG! I mean i knew that my tummy was big but looking at a mock shot of it is something else. It's so uneven and big, sucks :(

Okay, pre-op is on Wednesday, where did the time...

Okay, pre-op is on Wednesday, where did the time go?!!! Like i said before, my surgery is now scheduled for the 20th and not the 19th, i couldn't change it in the calender section of this site for some reason as i still show on the 19th but it is fixed here. I am down to 167 from 189 since January, i wanted to be around 165 for my surgery but secretly i really wanted to be around 158-153, not going to happen seems like.
Okay, i am going to upload few pictures but ladies please be gentle and remember that i've had three surgeries done and carried triplets in this tummy at some point (you'll see the scar's highway i was referring to earlier in the photos). I am so nervous, it would take nothing short of a miracle to get this tummy fixed to me, the scar is much higher than my belly button i don't even know how my PS is going to take care of this.

Had my pre-op appointment couple of days ago, my...

Had my pre-op appointment couple of days ago, my PS didn't meet with me, i met with the nurse and the OM (they said that's their usual practice), okay so apparently for the first week i wear the garment/binder i leave the hospital with then for my first post-op appointment they'll give me a garment, do you think i should buy a second one to change into when i want to wash it, do you ladies wear the one from the hospital for a whole week?
Also, had my hospital appointment today for all the blood work, got it done and over with, almost there.....10 more days!

Nothing major to update except that i was checking...

Nothing major to update except that i was checking out profile updates and photos of many of the ladies who had their TT done very recently and WOW, i know that you guys are probably in pain now, and feel like you are in swell hell but honestly, all of you ladies look GREAT! Looking forward to mine, my #1 nurse arrives in 2 days (my mom), yay!

In few hours........Pray for me ladies. ?

In few hours........Pray for me ladies. ?

Those damn drains!

Those damn drains!

One week, it's been one week! I still have both...

One week, it's been one week! I still have both drains, hoping one is coming off tomorrow, going to see my doctor tomorrow. In the past week i had few things happening, i had high fever one day (third day post Op), went and saw my doctor about it, still not sure what it was all about although it was high, 102.4 at some point, went away the next day. The pain has been manageable for the most part, just whatever you do, do.not.try.to.cough.....worst pain ever!
Thankfully, i never had any issues with BM, had my first one the very next day after the surgery, i hear that can be a real pain too.
I am in swell hell for sure, i hope that goes down soon, all bruised up still but i am very happy with the outcome so far. Happy healing ladies! ?

I did too much today, but good news, one of my...

I did too much today, but good news, one of my drains is off yaaaaaaay me, it's still oozing a little, but not too bad. I am posting few photos.

Day 10 PO- Slept in bed last night for the first...

Day 10 PO- Slept in bed last night for the first time, i've been sleeping in a recliner since the surgery, last night wasn't the most comfortable but getting there, i am getting around just fine, sometimes i have to remind myself to slow down, healing, thankfully, has been much much easier than i had thought especially after reading some of the other reviews so ladies, have faith, our bodies are different, we heal different, but at the end we will all get there, i already have no regret what so ever regarding having this done, i feel so thankful to my family for pushing me to do it. ?

Hello ladies....haven't been able to post in a...

Hello ladies....haven't been able to post in a while, a lot has happened since....i was healing so well, no pain, no discomfort, then all of the sudden my BB started oozing/bleeding, contacted my PS's nurse and sent a photo she said it looks more red than they'd like it to be but nothing to worry about just yet, to go ahead and start using betadine on it couple of times a day and i had an appointment to go see my PS like a week later which was on Friday, well, a major set back for me, some "unhealthy tissues" grew on top of the BB (yellow/white looking stuff) she had to cut them all out and now i have a hole, yes a hole, on top of my BB, anyone going through something similar? I am completely freaking out because i am back to not being able to move, i am not supposed to sweat, i am back to have to put gauze on my BB and worse, i have to stuff the hole with iodoform. Ladies if anyone knows what i am talking about or went through it please please tell me your experience, i am freaking out worried about when it is going to heal, if it is going to heal and how it's going to end up looking.......so depressed.............still in swell hell by the way.....i will put new photo up tomorrow.

I went ahead and updated few photos, you can tell...

I went ahead and updated few photos, you can tell that i am still in swell-hell but would take that any day over what is going on with my BB :(
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I hate that i have to rate this early on, but since i can't post any updates nor pictures without rating then here it is, Dr. Kim is an excellent doctor, so far, i think she has done an amazing job. In general you'll learn that your experience with a cosmetic doctor and their staff is not at all what you'd expect from any other doctor and their staff. Again though, Dr. Kim is a doctor i would highly recommend and would go see again for any future concerns. She is gentle, soft spoken, very knowledgeable and does an amazing job. I want to add that i never thought anything i can do can fully and completely get rid off my big long old scars, i am not sure how Dr. Kim did it, but she did it! I have nothing left from my old scars, even my stretch marks look so much less and they look finer. She also personally contacted me over the weekend regarding the issues i had with her staff and she was very apologetic and sincere, she wanted to know all the details which speaks volumes about how much she cares about her practice and patients. So far, loving Dr. Kim.

How are you after a year (almost 2) looking forward to hear your progress thru the first year. Thank you for shared your experiences with us.
I haven't been on realself that much lately, so I'm just seeing your pics. I think you look great, the bb issue is a minor set back. I think it's a pain in the neck, but will heal. I know how you feel but try not to let it keep you down:-)
BB looks like nothing too major I think most people struggle with it, your PS will tell you what to do to get it right. DOnt worry too much!!!!
Thank you Beje, i am trying not to worry too much and i have my moments, i think it's because it started off really well, it was healing very nicely with no issues then this happens....should know more tomorrow, how have you been?
I'm so sorry about your BB. I'm sure it will heal so don't worry. The hole will probably close over. Are you taking antibiotics for the infection you had?
Thank you, that's the weird thing though, no infection, so not taking antibiotics, i see my PS on Thursday, keeping my fingers crossed, that whole area is looking weird to me, i am not sure if the photo is showing yet since i know it can take up to 2 days from the time i upload it for it to show, but when you see it, you'll know what i am talking about.
Yes, I can see the photo...and it looks pretty red. DO you keep it covered? I put bacitracin on it daily and keep it covered and so far so good. Let us know what your PS says.
Yeah i do keep it cover with gauze which i change about 3-4 times a day, the hole i pack with iodofrom packing strips also 3 times a day and before all of that i wipe the whole area with betadine, all as instructed by the PS. I will update tomorrow after my doctor's visit, thanks for your support :)
Thank you airbus for the reassuring words, i sure hope so, sorry to hear about your set back and bad news :( This truly sucks and our situations are similar, i was healing great with no issues what so ever and got really upset one day and started crying so this happened that same day....hope you feel better soon, take care of yourself.
This happens sometimes. It will heal. The iodoform gauze just keeps the hole from filling up with infectious drainage and allows the tissue to fill in nicely from the "bottom up" so to speak. That scar may be a little darker at first, but in time it will lighten up and you'll be gorgeous!
Aww hun I am sorry you are having trouble just do exactly as the doctor says and he will fix it, just worry about healing now, it will be OK!!!! Try to be calm, all these issues are fixable!!!
Thank you Beje, it just feels like a set back :( How are you feeling? Checked on your page and seems like you are feeling much better which is great!
You look terrific...bikini season is around the corner :)
Mommy:
I am so glad you are doing well you deserve it!!! That drain will come out on Monday as big of a pain that they are they do serve a good purpose!!! You will feel like a new woman then!
Good to see you are doing well. Our surgeries were on the same day. I am doing well too. I have one drain left and expect it to come out tomorrow. Take care!
Good to hear that you are doing well! I think mine is not coming off till Monday, my PS requires it drains less than 30 for 2 days in a row before she removes it, i've been draining around 33 for the past couple of days, i think today i am going to be less than 30 but then the weekend is coming so.......wish you best of luck and happy healing! :)
Wow, you look amazing!
U LOOK GREAT!!YAY U
Mommy- you are looking so skinny already!!! Your BB looks really cute too!!! You are not going to believe your eyes soon when you see that flat tummy!!! Keep on healing!
Thank you Beje! I already can't believe it! Very please with the results so far and sooooo happy one of those darn drains are out already, hope you are feeling better girl, i know that you had to go back to work, how's it going?
Yeah that is what my doc said too he removed a lot of skin 152 inches that is a ton! Holy crap! So no wonder I feel so bad, I have to find some patience!
Hey Mommy thinking of you hope you are feeling OK! The drains are a bugger but they do a job, so just keep keeping on!