The Easiest and Best Decision that I Have Made for Myself - Houston, TX

I have 2 wonderful boys, 8 and 4. Now, I also have...

I have 2 wonderful boys, 8 and 4. Now, I also have a huge gut that more than one Dermatologists have told me will not go away no matter what I do. Plastic surgery is my only option. I am schedule for a tummy tuck and lipo in June. I am so scared of the pain after. And I'm scared that it won't work. It's hard for me to imagine that I can actually have a flat stomach and smaller thighs again. Any advice would be truly appreciated. :-)

My TT and Lipo is scheduled for June 29th. I...

My TT and Lipo is scheduled for June 29th. I cannot get this off of my mind. It is all that I think about. Still super nervous and super excited at the same time. My husband has been amazing. At first, he was totally against me doing this but ultimately he wants me to be happy so he has been really supportive. I am a bit self-conscious and embarrassed to tell anyone this decision just yet so my husband and this blog are my only outlets.

Well, I've finally gotten enough nerve to add...

Well, I've finally gotten enough nerve to add before pics. Just under 5 weeks to go!

Hello Ladies! I haven't been on in quite a while.....

Hello Ladies! I haven't been on in quite a while...well before surgery I believe. But, on June 29th, my life changed forever! I had a TT and Lipo in my arms, back, hips, and thighs. I was SUPER scared because I am a total wimp when it comes to pain but it was not that bad at all. The Lipo was the worst part...really painful. But was sleeping in my bed after 3 nights (I hated sleeping in the recliner) and I was pretty much doing everything for myself after 6 days. I just needed my husband's help to get in my girdle and my under armour. I really feel like I dodged a bullet. I was expecting excruciating pain and to not be able to do anything myself and it was the complete opposite.

My PS (Dr. Franklin Rose --- AMAZING!!!!) only gave me 2 prescriptions - Ambien and Vicodin. I was concerned because I though I'd need more drugs. But, I have yet to take an Ambien and I only took 3 Vicodin during the first 2 days after surgery. I took regular Tylenol a few times but only because I was having migraines every day. I've had migraines since I was 11. That's it! It was all good!

Today, I can't believe how I look! Now, I need to consider a breast lift and reduction because my DD's look extra huge above my flat belly!

I started cardio 3 weeks ago and I started an work yesterday. I am down 11.5 lbs since surgery. I am so happy!

That is another great option! I think I'll go with that one!

nicpoo08 hernia repair is one option. the time I did need to deal with the question I simply said it was just female issues.. "I said it's no big deal just female issues and I'm fine, just going to be down for a few days" which was 100% true and it was an "issue" people dont need to much info on.. and is understandable as to why you would not go into details.. just wanted to share that with you in case you needed an option
Im scheduled June 25th for breast implant exchange, lift, and lipo to abdomen, hips, and inner and outer thighs.... It is scarey but so many people do it.... I told my friends and if people ask i will gladly tell them i had work done.. No need to cover it up in my opinion.

Cookie1979  I will say where I LIVE it is not done a lot.. and if it is, it's not something people freely share.. I live where MANY people are judgemental.. of course there are some who are very understanding about reconstructive surgery.. which is how I see it.. but nope not telling many and keeping it that way
I was worried about what to tell people too because I didn't want anyone to know. I read on this site about saying that I was having hernia repair. I think I'm gonna go with that! OMG! I worry about the same things! It's so expensive! But, we sacrifice so much for our families. I am doing this for me...because I'm not happy with the way that I look. It's all for me.
Hi nicpoo08. I share all of your anxieties! I'm scheduled for July 25--two months away, ugh!--and it, too, seems to be all I can think about. In addition to the procedural stuff, I worry about how to explain it to the people around me without letting a single person other than my very supportive husband know the truth. I also continue to wrestle with whether I am doing the right thing (money, vanity, there are starving people in the world, etc.) But I've already committed myself to it, psychologically and financially. Yet, when I see other ladies with bulging bellies, do I think less of them? Of course not. If anything I empathize. And then I see the ladies with fit bodies and know that no matter what I do or hard I try, I will never be rid of my belly pooch. At this point in my life with menopause slowing my metabolism to crawl, losing weight is increasingly difficult. I have worked hard all my life and have concluded it is OK to make this investment in my well-being. I would have a much harder time concluding that if I did not have my husband's full support (though I don't think he realizes the impact it will have on his happiness factor in the short term, if you know what I mean). I would like to think that after it is all said and done, I will be a healthier person. And how nice it will be to be able to sit and not have my belly resting on my thighs. OK, enough of my rationalizing. : )
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience. I look forward to hearing more about how you're doing!
Going to get breast lift breast Aug and lipo next month!!! So scared

keep the updates going. any fears or questions or just want to shout for joy... Im here for you..

I did the same thing. I told VERY VERY few people. and the ones I DID tell were supportive. ONE I knew she had some things done by the doc...so I had questions for her. ONE was a nurse friend who had worked with the doc. I also told my sister... BUT ONLY about the TT and lift.. not the implants...and you know NO ONE can even tell I have the implants.. I know its wierd but I wore a good padded bra and "added " to it for 6 months so this is what everyone was use to seeing.. the tummy... well it was just skin so no one even knew my tummy needed anything done.

It is normal to "obsess" over it..and for it to be 24/7 on your mind...

the important thing is that you and your husband support each other.

If you dont want to tell others , dont... you dont need their permission, its not their money.. and you not doing it for them and I assume not to "show off" so its ok...(I mean if thats at all incorrect on my part I appologize)

Feeling comfortable around you husband (in the room) is SO important.. I no longer WANT to hide myself from him.. I think you understand what I mean...

So WE ARE here to support you, and to listen, and to just be you venting station if need be.

For me this was my outlet too.

Our husbands care and worry because they love us so its hard for them to hear about it all the time... Message me if you need to.

Sometime BECAUSE we are so excited that is why we are thinking about it all the time...it's ok I believe we all did
...I really appreciate your comments. You are absolutely right. This is totally for me. When I first brought up the subject with my husband, he told me that he loves me just the way that I am. I told him that was wonderful but this is really not for him. I am so unhappy when I look at myself in the mirror. I didn't used to look this way....until I had children. I love my boys so much but they did a number on my body!

I am still really embarrassed and am searching my mind for what I'm going to say when people comment on my fabulous new body in a few months! Lol! I did tell a good friend at work yesterday and she was so supportive and told me she'll probably be doing the same thing in a few years.

If I can just get past the pain, I think I'll be okay!

You will be fine.. and of course you husband loves you the way you are... MANY people are very supportive but a few ARE NOT. they find it vein and a waste of money... and I didnt tell to many people.. and almost no one has a clue. ONLY the ones I told know anything.. ALL other people dont know. but I didnt need lipo or anything..

One thing I can say is you need to be cnfortable and confidant... So if anyone does say anything you will be strong. look at  this thread too it may help..

remember you dont NEED ANYONES permission (well hubbies of course) and 100% honest I have not has to say a word to anyone.. so no big deal..

are you going to LOOK a lot different?

You can see in my photos mine was all belly "shin" no fat so noone suspected a thing..

And the boobies, I just wore a "add a cup bra" basicly a great push up type bra and then wore a T shirt bra over it to keep the girls from squishing out.

so 36C push up bra with a 36D T shirt bra over it.. it worked great.. a lot of girls do the same type thing..

Ask me anything, I'll be honest. vent or whatever...this is the place:)

and YOU WILL BE JUST FINE.. I promiss
Well, I definitely have a gut with extra hangy skin and I'm hippy with thick thighs. That's why I want the TT and Lipo at the same time. I dont want to get a flat tummy and still have big thighs. I'll look deformed. So, I said all of that to say that I do think the people will notice. I lost 25 lbs last year and people definitely noticed. My boobs are the only thing that I am truly happy with! Lol!

I am having the surgery on a Thursday. My PS says that I need two weekends and a week off work. What do you think? I'm scared to go back to work still walking around hunched over.

well what do you do for a living? I do think for MANY jobs it will be fine.. but again what are you having to do? And I didn't have lipo so I honestly cant even say anything on that... And you wont be hunched over then..not enough for others to notice I dont think.. you might FEEL like it.

I have no lipo advice but we are here for you. Read reviews of the ones who are on here supporting you. We've all be there at some point. My point of change was January this year. and IT WORKED.. but I did Full TT, no lipo and BL with BA