Frustrated With Wound Reopening Fixed and Reopening Again - Houston, TX

I had my procedure on the 8th of June and it is...

I had my procedure on the 8th of June and it is now July 1st. He evacuated and restitched the area back up. I'm 43, non smoker and still have the same issue. As of the 28th the exact same wound reopened and it's reopening on the other side of my stomach in the same area. He placed another drain in and removed the next day which was the 27th. I am so discouraged and depressed. I do not smoke because I have asthma. How do I get these freaking wounds to close? Help anyone please. I am so so depressed. I've been off work since June 7th. My Dr. is great but he is not too concerned. I'm on Keflex 250mg what else can I do? I shower, dry off, and pack my incision with sterile gauze as instructed. I wear my compression garment over my incision once it's packed? Please advise.

I'm going through a similar situation I had breast aug. June 6 my dr restiched me twice and drained the blood that was left over from hematoma. He advised I shouldn't be putting in gauze or touch the incision because I'm opening up the wound he also reopened and cut off all the edges of the opening and redid the stitches. I'm curios to see what will happen but it looks better. Hope this helped. I'm not reall wearing my bra but consult your dr again or get a second opinion. I'm on cipro 1000 mg a day. Wow these doctors should put more effort into educating us as to what is happening to our bodies and not so much on rushing to take our money and cut up open
I was wondering how you are doing now. I am going thru a similar situation. I developed seroma and the incision has a lil opening feeling down and frustrated. Any suggestions?
Infected Wound, my 2 cents: I checked out a special medical grade honey for problem wound healing. i actually ordered a box. I read about it on squidoo.com

One brand is called Manuka Honey. It's apparently very successful on infections and pressure sores. I can't vouch for it as I have not needed it (yet) but I will say if my incision looked anything like yours does I myself would not hesitate using it.

I rate my surgeon 9 out of 10 stars. I very happy with the Dr. but not happy with the outcome because of the problems with my incisions reopening, having them sowed back up and them reopening again.