Frustrated With Wound Reopening Fixed and Reopening Again - Houston, TX

I had my procedure on the 8th of June and it is...

I had my procedure on the 8th of June and it is now July 1st. He evacuated and restitched the area back up. I'm 43, non smoker and still have the same issue. As of the 28th the exact same wound reopened and it's reopening on the other side of my stomach in the same area. He placed another drain in and removed the next day which was the 27th. I am so discouraged and depressed. I do not smoke because I have asthma. How do I get these freaking wounds to close? Help anyone please. I am so so depressed. I've been off work since June 7th. My Dr. is great but he is not too concerned. I'm on Keflex 250mg what else can I do? I shower, dry off, and pack my incision with sterile gauze as instructed. I wear my compression garment over my incision once it's packed? Please advise.

I rate my surgeon 9 out of 10 stars. I very happy with the Dr. but not happy with the outcome because of the problems with my incisions reopening, having them sowed back up and them reopening again.

I'm going through a similar situation I had breast aug. June 6 my dr restiched me twice and drained the blood that was left over from hematoma. He advised I shouldn't be putting in gauze or touch the incision because I'm opening up the wound he also reopened and cut off all the edges of the opening and redid the stitches. I'm curios to see what will happen but it looks better. Hope this helped. I'm not reall wearing my bra but consult your dr again or get a second opinion. I'm on cipro 1000 mg a day. Wow these doctors should put more effort into educating us as to what is happening to our bodies and not so much on rushing to take our money and cut up open
I was wondering how you are doing now. I am going thru a similar situation. I developed seroma and the incision has a lil opening feeling down and frustrated. Any suggestions?
Infected Wound, my 2 cents: I checked out a special medical grade honey for problem wound healing. i actually ordered a box. I read about it on squidoo.com

One brand is called Manuka Honey. It's apparently very successful on infections and pressure sores. I can't vouch for it as I have not needed it (yet) but I will say if my incision looked anything like yours does I myself would not hesitate using it.
Manuka Honey comes in different grades. 5+ being the lowest at least up to 25+. It may go higher. The higher the grade the more expensive it is. Its also very good internally to ingest. Been using it for years on my toast and in my coffee! It's originally from Australia.

You have opened my eyes to the neg side of this surgery. I have quit smoking just over a month ago and this complication scares me the most. Thank you for sharing your story and wishing you a speedy recovery God Bless!
Hi Neece I know exactly how u feel bcus I too went thrum that and yes it is very discouraging, what u have to do is keep it dry at all times bcus it will not heal or even begin to close until it is completely dry and all of the fluid has leaked out, make sure u keep a gauze on it at all times bcus the gauze helps the to dry out, also change ur gauze at least 3times a day, when u shower only use water on those areas NO soaps, once the wounds start to dry out and start to heal add a very small amount of neosporine on ur gauze before applying, got look on my pg iv posted a couple of pics of my wounds, it took 3 1/2 wks for my wounds to close and I was very depressed bcus I too am s non smoker but even tho u font smoke u must stay hydrated bcus not drinking enuff fluids can cause slow healing process, it may take a few wks to heal but it will heal just be patient bcus it will all get better, take care and happy healing to u :-)
I just looked at ur pics again it they don't look infected looks like Uv still got some fluid in there that's trying to find openings to leak out, that was the same thing mine was doing, yeah look st my pics and u will see mine and then u will also see how mine healed, hopefully I can give u some encouragement. :-)
Morning everyone, I visited my PS yesterday...looks like I have an absess on the left. He removed the sutures in that area as well as a few on the right. He gave me a prescription for Cipro and gave me a prescription for hydragel to place over the wound area along with sterile gauze. 24 hours later it appears to be looking better....I've stopped crying though I'm still somewhat depressed I have faith in my PS. He says this type of complication is not as bad as it looks. I'm to see him again next week and hopefully by then the wound will be closed. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your concern.
That is great that he figured out what it was. It's ok to cry,, and get frustrated we all want to look greAt after this surgery, how ever sometimes it does not happen that way. I am a prime example. I am still healing since April 27th. . Just try to be Postive. If your feeling blue just take a look at my profile,,,, Then you will not feel so bad. :0)
This happen to me twice, 1st bad reaction sutures and the 2nd ingrown hairs. After shower and drying yourself put plenty of Vaseline our petroleum jelly cover with gauze and them put the cg. It will probably take about a week to close but be patient.
That looks like it is infected. You do not have to go to med school to know that. The area is red and the yellowish color. Maybe the antibiotics are not strong enough for you. remember when you are in the same antibiotic for to long your body get used to it. And if it is infected, why did he tried to close it back again? usually they leave it open and heal from the inside out. You should have a good talk to your ps. I hope you get better and sorry for that experience. BE STRONG!!!
Hello Neece I was wondering if your PS gave you a reason as to why your incision keeps opening? Do you have an infection? I am sorry you are having to deal with this issue and I hope you recover soon and are able to enjoy your results.
Has he said why it's opening back up? What's the pan of action? Does he expect it to resolve itself?