Feeling Better Day 7 PO - Houston, TX

Seems like I did this without giving it a second...

Seems like I did this without giving it a second thought and glad I did!
I originally had my TT set for Nov 19 and early June I changed it to July 19 then suddenly it gets here, I'm at the surgery center and its done!
The rough days are 1-3, day 4-6 is mainly the drain by day 7 all is better!
Decided to get a TT done since my twin pregnancy stretched my stomach and really all I had was sagging skin. I worked out and was on a costly diet for 7 months with no results on this bulge so it was time.
Stitches are still in, drain was taken out yesterday (6 PO), appt to remove stitches is on Aug 6.
I've noticed I got depressed day 2 but I had no support from my husband. I think it's effects of the meds the pump in you but overall, seems like everyone goes through that emotion regardless.

No drain

Drain was taken out on Thursday 7/24

Day 8 PO

Feeling better each day. Still very swollen and wearing binder.

Lymph massage

Felt great except for the masseuse being nervous since its only 8 days.

Day 9 PO

Slept without the binder last night for half the night and it was quite liberating! LOL
As my preaching before - every day gets better. The lymphatic massage has helped with swelling TONS and will continue to go weekly. In a freak of nature and recover from surgeries pretty quick so don't do the massage too early on and only if advised by your DR.
I want to thank everyone for the support and postings - they're very inspiring!

Day 10 PO

Just want to remind everyone to make sure that you're drinking lots of water - really helps with the swelling and draining.

Updated pic - still swollen

Been drinking water and the swelling has come down some but I'm still not feeling like its fast enough :(

Hurtin'

Have been walking around without the binder for a couple of hours now and my rib cage area feels really sore. Not unbearable pain but most def not pleasant.

Binder on from now on - no complaining from me anymore!!! LOL

Day 11 PO

I have a tingly sensation all over my abs - new feeling but still tight and numb, I guess muscles repairing themselves? Weirdness

Day 13 PO

2 full days of full time work and its gone good but I'm itchy and red on my incision but that happened after I put neosporin on. Dr on Tuesday to remove stitches....haven't seen a change with the swelling - ugh!

TMI

So I started my cycle on Thursday, 8/1 and I felt like crap! The swelling was at its worst so the skin stretching due to the swelling was a weird sensation. I continue to have tingling in my abs area but pain on my too right/left abs above rib cage. I take half a Vicodin and it goes away. I've only been taking halves on my pain meds and it seems to be enough for now. Hope I can start on my treadmill after Tuesday!

Stitches out!

So the stitches thing was no pain but she thought my swelling was due to fluid building and damn - that was bothersome! I felt tugging and pinching even with the numbing shot then WHAM I felt a prick that made me jump and barely and fluid came out after all that! Now I'm in pain/soreness from all that. The pinch feeling from that prick is still there!!!! Hope Vicodin takes it away :(

Exercise

Light treadmill, can start on arms but no legs or abs yet until week 4

Pic without stitches

Still very swollen but LOVE the results. See a small dog ear though :(

Pain on rib area

Dr said it was from sleeping/using and pulling from the right side and she's right, I sleep and jump in/out of bed front my right.
My left doesn't hurt as often but I notice it when I get out of my car.

Dr said she's gonna start warming people about what side of the bed they get out of and explain how the pain will be more noticeable on that side.

Almost 4 weeks!!

Well all has been really good and as long as I keep the binder on, swelling is no prob! Excited to get rid of that so I can start abs work and get me some new pants!!!

Week 5 + 2 days PO

All has gone very good-suppose to see the Dr in Tuesday for my pics but may have to push back to next week as I have some travel. Decided to wait until wk 6 PO to start full gym/cardio/weighs just do I wouldn't exhaust myself or worse, hurt! Swelling is still an issue. I weighed myself a coulle pf days ago and im now 117, my weight from Nov 2011 so i was felling good getting out pf the 120s. Pics to post shortly.
Kristi Sumpter