Please Tell Me This Gets Better...- Houston, TX

Had medial thigh lift (in groin) 7 days ago with...

Had medial thigh lift (in groin) 7 days ago with lipo. my feelings are up and down. The fat rolls between my legs are gone but my thighs are sooooo swollen I can hardley walk and when I do walk, they rub together leaving pink on my skin. its so numb, i cant feel a thing. I can stand and lay, but it gets so uncomfortable to lay the same way in the same spot. Oh what I would do to lay on my side (the soreness from the lipo stops me real quick). Somebody out there please tell me this gets better. And how long am I going to have to deal with this tight, swollen uncomfortableness? All I can do is lay here and hope I didn't make a mistake :/

Mrs...It will get better. I had my medial thigh lift 16 days ago and I'm still swollen and bruised. It's one of the most complex surgeries there is and one of the longest recovery, but is worth it! I had a medial thigh lift/mons pubis/tt. My mons is very swollen still. It's important to set realistic goals and it's NORMAL to have the ups and downs. I still feel numb is some areas and "tight". It much easier for me to sleep in the recliner, but hoping by next week I can go back into the bed with my husband! I keep looking down at my inner thighs and to NOT see the EXTRA handful of skin seems like a dream...lol...Mine is in my groin area and had to do a little suturing around my buttock. The day after surgery I had about 4 sutures rip and had to have it re-sutured so it's been quite sore, but not regreting this surgery at all! Just be patient :) make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try to stay away from salty things because that also causes swelling. Wishing you the best!! Hugs!
Liv, thank you for the encouragement. So far I haven't had any problems with ripping or tearing of the stitches. I think I am overly careful to be honest. I am able to move around and i get up and walk or stand as much as iI can, just cant do it for very long. I have had a TT w/lipo and arm lift too. But for some reason this surgery seems more emotional for me. i think because i cant see a difference. My legs still rub when i walk and they are huge. My mind knows its the swelling and its a process, but i guess my eyes want results NOW! Hence...Mrs. Impatient...LOL...
Oh, your so welcome Mrs :) I still can't believe it happended to me and I'm extremely careful! Everything is moving upwards now :) Gosh, my ps said that my next surgery (arm lift) will be a piece of cake, actually any surgery since this is the hardest surgeryy to recover from! I'm wanting an arm lift with lipo under the bra area, but prob won't be for at least a year or so :(....If there was a way to do it soon, ha I would do it.Timing is perfect right now since I'm not working, just hope it can happen for me in the near future! Keep me posted on your progress! Everything will work out just fine **wink wink**

thigh update

its been 2 weeks since my surgery and i have to say, each day theres a new sensation. my thighs are still very swollen and they still rub when i walk so i guess i still need more time. i will admit its discouraging. before the pain was unbearable and now its mainly just uncomfortable. i am doing more and more around the house each day and trying to stay moving. maybe thats helping. i go to doctor next tuesday and he will probably tell me to get some sort of girdle or something but we will see.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

3 week thigh update

ok so it has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have to say this recovery has been really hard so far. the swelling in my thighs is horrible and causes me a lot of pain. Went for my 3 endermology treatment and it seems to help a little. I have several more treatments scheduled. Started wearing spanx yesterday, but to soon to know how much it will help. Thighs are so swollen they still rub together when i walk. So annoying, but trying to be patient. Please GOD let the final result be worth all this pain and discomfort

Please upload some pics
2much....I'll try to get a pic or two taken and uploaded within the next couple of days.

thigh lift update (1 month)

Its been a month now and I can see (some) of the swelling going down. But unfortunately I have a infection. I've been doing all the right things, but my body is rejecting the stitches and spitting them back out so that leaves little holes. My doctor says not to worry, gave me Oral and topical Antibiotics and already there is improvement. So I continue this journey and wait...and wait...and wait...I will definitely let you all know if the end result was worth it.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

now just getting frustrated...

ask me in 6 months and i may say it was worth it, but ask me today and i would say hell no. i am so frustrated. i have been on hard core antibiotics for 10 days now and the 3 little holes did close up. i went to the doctor yesterday and he said i could start scar cream and so i did and today i have some oozing of blood right above where the (stitch) infection was. i am not afraid because i know my body is reacting to the stitches, but this is ridiculous. now i have another week of antibiotics. i still cant wear panties which means i dont go far from home and i am so tired of sitting and laying around the house. i went to the mall yesterday for awhile (in panties...lol) and then today the oozing starts. uugh...i wanna pull my hair out! anybody else experience this?

I have to have it redone because my body rejected the stitches and when all the swelling when away it left my legs saggy. So now he will be doing about a 3" cut down my legs to cut away my saggy fat rolls. Other than that I am happy with everything else. (Arms and TT)
Why do you have to have the thigh lift redone? or just scar revisions?
Hi Mrs. Impatient! Would love an update from you!