Please Tell Me This Gets Better...- Houston, TX

Had medial thigh lift (in groin) 7 days ago with...

Had medial thigh lift (in groin) 7 days ago with lipo. my feelings are up and down. The fat rolls between my legs are gone but my thighs are sooooo swollen I can hardley walk and when I do walk, they rub together leaving pink on my skin. its so numb, i cant feel a thing. I can stand and lay, but it gets so uncomfortable to lay the same way in the same spot. Oh what I would do to lay on my side (the soreness from the lipo stops me real quick). Somebody out there please tell me this gets better. And how long am I going to have to deal with this tight, swollen uncomfortableness? All I can do is lay here and hope I didn't make a mistake :/

thigh update

its been 2 weeks since my surgery and i have to say, each day theres a new sensation. my thighs are still very swollen and they still rub when i walk so i guess i still need more time. i will admit its discouraging. before the pain was unbearable and now its mainly just uncomfortable. i am doing more and more around the house each day and trying to stay moving. maybe thats helping. i go to doctor next tuesday and he will probably tell me to get some sort of girdle or something but we will see.

3 week thigh update

ok so it has been 3 weeks since my surgery and I have to say this recovery has been really hard so far. the swelling in my thighs is horrible and causes me a lot of pain. Went for my 3 endermology treatment and it seems to help a little. I have several more treatments scheduled. Started wearing spanx yesterday, but to soon to know how much it will help. Thighs are so swollen they still rub together when i walk. So annoying, but trying to be patient. Please GOD let the final result be worth all this pain and discomfort

thigh lift update (1 month)

Its been a month now and I can see (some) of the swelling going down. But unfortunately I have a infection. I've been doing all the right things, but my body is rejecting the stitches and spitting them back out so that leaves little holes. My doctor says not to worry, gave me Oral and topical Antibiotics and already there is improvement. So I continue this journey and wait...and wait...and wait...I will definitely let you all know if the end result was worth it.

now just getting frustrated...

ask me in 6 months and i may say it was worth it, but ask me today and i would say hell no. i am so frustrated. i have been on hard core antibiotics for 10 days now and the 3 little holes did close up. i went to the doctor yesterday and he said i could start scar cream and so i did and today i have some oozing of blood right above where the (stitch) infection was. i am not afraid because i know my body is reacting to the stitches, but this is ridiculous. now i have another week of antibiotics. i still cant wear panties which means i dont go far from home and i am so tired of sitting and laying around the house. i went to the mall yesterday for awhile (in panties...lol) and then today the oozing starts. uugh...i wanna pull my hair out! anybody else experience this?

I have to have it redone because my body rejected the stitches and when all the swelling when away it left my legs saggy. So now he will be doing about a 3" cut down my legs to cut away my saggy fat rolls. Other than that I am happy with everything else. (Arms and TT)
Why do you have to have the thigh lift redone? or just scar revisions?
Hi Mrs. Impatient! Would love an update from you!
Do you have any pictures showing the difference in size of the legs? I'm so sorry you too have had to go through all of this, I know it takes a emotional and financial toll on us...Do you have any plans to have another surgeon take a look and give you another opinion?
I don't have any before pics and Honestly I have to muster up the courage to put after pics on here. I spent alota lot of $ to have this done and all the pain now to have to have it redone. I'm not a happy camper right now. I see him again at the end of the month, and yes I will be getting another opinion before I go thru all this again. My body rejected the stitches, and although WE didn't expect that, I am curious how much he will charge me to rectify this situation. I will let you know more when I find out.
Thanks, you are in my prayers, and I know about the $$$ just so unfair...There must be other types of stiches they can use, right? Keep us posted.
How's your recovery now???
Please upload some pics
2much....I'll try to get a pic or two taken and uploaded within the next couple of days.
Mrs...It will get better. I had my medial thigh lift 16 days ago and I'm still swollen and bruised. It's one of the most complex surgeries there is and one of the longest recovery, but is worth it! I had a medial thigh lift/mons pubis/tt. My mons is very swollen still. It's important to set realistic goals and it's NORMAL to have the ups and downs. I still feel numb is some areas and "tight". It much easier for me to sleep in the recliner, but hoping by next week I can go back into the bed with my husband! I keep looking down at my inner thighs and to NOT see the EXTRA handful of skin seems like a dream...lol...Mine is in my groin area and had to do a little suturing around my buttock. The day after surgery I had about 4 sutures rip and had to have it re-sutured so it's been quite sore, but not regreting this surgery at all! Just be patient :) make sure you're drinking plenty of water and try to stay away from salty things because that also causes swelling. Wishing you the best!! Hugs!
Liv, thank you for the encouragement. So far I haven't had any problems with ripping or tearing of the stitches. I think I am overly careful to be honest. I am able to move around and i get up and walk or stand as much as iI can, just cant do it for very long. I have had a TT w/lipo and arm lift too. But for some reason this surgery seems more emotional for me. i think because i cant see a difference. My legs still rub when i walk and they are huge. My mind knows its the swelling and its a process, but i guess my eyes want results NOW! Hence...Mrs. Impatient...LOL...
Oh, your so welcome Mrs :) I still can't believe it happended to me and I'm extremely careful! Everything is moving upwards now :) Gosh, my ps said that my next surgery (arm lift) will be a piece of cake, actually any surgery since this is the hardest surgeryy to recover from! I'm wanting an arm lift with lipo under the bra area, but prob won't be for at least a year or so :(....If there was a way to do it soon, ha I would do it.Timing is perfect right now since I'm not working, just hope it can happen for me in the near future! Keep me posted on your progress! Everything will work out just fine **wink wink**
Liv, now that i have had the TL, arm lift, TT and lipo of arms, hips, thighs and flanks (bra line) iI would have to say...for me...the arms were/are the hardest. I had them done on may 1st and they are still so very tender and sensitive. But I just wear my compressions on the days I over do it and it keeps the swelling in check. On the bright side..at least for now the pain in my legs make me forget about the pain in my arms...LOL..that's funny
Hi, Can I ask a question? Please... I am planning my after care for my upcoming surgery.... and wanted to ask.. isnt it difficult to get in and out of the recliner?
I didn't sit in a recliner because it would be painful to get up and put stress on the incisions. I stayed in the bed. Sat up to watch tv and laid down to sleep. After about 3 weeks I could sit on the couch for a little while then back to the bed. And I did get up at least once ever hour or so during the day and walk around
My apologies.. I must have gotten you confused with someone else... I saw someone said they sat in a recliner... Ok point well taken.. I plan on setting up a station on my couch where I can elevate my legs infront of me... and its a recliner but I will have someone push it closed and pop it open .. hopefully that will work
I didn't sit in a recliner either my bed was the right height. Thank God
Hi...I sat/slept in a rocker reclincer....don't think I could have done it without it. .my mother and husband had to push/pull the lever for me for the first month maybe a bit sooner..I had a tt and medial thigh lift in groin wrapped a little under buttocks...I. could not ly down in the bed thank goodness my husband was a big trooper;)
I hear ya! My bed is hip height so getting into it will definitely be an issue after I get up the 17 stairs to my second floor... So I think I am going to camp out in the family room LOL... Will get someone to push the footrest down and pull it up when I sit... that way I wont put any strain on the incisions.... I am sooo excited... What about pain??? I know there is going to be some... I have a pretty high tolerance but anyone wanna share their issue with pain? please
I don't have a high tolerance for pain like I did when I was much younger and I made it ;)) I think it's very important to set realistic goals and I always keep a positive outlook regardless. I never had the mood swings and I never got depressed I did cry a few times which those tears were happy tears because of the outcome and I actually have curves now something I've never seen before..get all the help that you can and don't try to do anything on your own expecially in the early stages I'm so thankful that my mother was here to help me and glad that I had my shower chair and my stool riser! and don't forget to keep your feet elevated and as soon as you can walk and walk more to get that circulation going and do everything your PS tells you to do and I think you'll have a great outcome!! good luck and keep us all posted wishing you the best!!
OMG I completely know how you feel.. After my TT in the first week I actually looked at myself in the mirror with drains, oozing incision, swollen body and asked.. What in the WORLD did I do to myself.... and I cried for a few days off and on... then.... just as fast as depression came.. it left.. Yes I am making a plan this time * becuz i didnt listen with my TT* to do exactly what my PS tells me... Thank you so much!

Hi there, welcome!

Have you spoken to your doctor about the swelling and pain? You've onbiously been through a pretty intense surgery and there's bound to be a lot of swelling. However, if you're in a lot of pain I would definitely consult the doctor and get their opinion. Maybe they can give you some tips on how to reduce the swelling a little.

Also, check out some of the other Thigh Lift reviews. You might get a few tips from other people's stories.

Please do keep us updated with your progress!