I've hated my nose since I can remember. It has a...
My surgical date is October 1st. I trust the surgeon and am looking forward to the operation. Hopefully taking 10 days off to recover will be long enough!
There's not really much else to write at this point. I'll update y'all after the pre-op appointment!
Things I'm looking forward to
2. kissing my boyfriend without poking him in the face with my nose
3. ability to try more diverse hairstyles
4. less mouth-breathing
5. not having to "turn to my good side" for every photo
friggin' insurance woes
This sucks but it looks like I'm going to have to have only the cosmetic aspect done at this time.
Has anyone else been in this situation?
my doc is so considerate
I am so very grateful for everything he and his staff have done to accommodate me. It has gone above and beyond what I expected.
one more week
pre-op done, 5 more days!
I must say, I feel so much more prepared for everything after joining this site and reading all of your reviews. So thanks everyone!
done and done
The last thing I remember is laying down on the operating table. The nurse said she was going to give me some Versed and then I woke up in post-op.
I felt hot and nauseated. They gave me some Zofran, which seemed to help. Then I had to stand to move from the stretcher to the recliner, nausea and dizziness hit me then. I was fine after some Phenergan.
Then I ate some yyogurt and took a pain pill. Nausea, again. I almost tossed my cookies but it stayed down thank goodness!
My mom, sister and boyfriend are all taking excellent care of me and I'm very grateful for their help.
I haven't looked at myself yet, figured there's nothing to look at right now.
The pain is very tolerable, maybe a 3/10, if that. My throat is sore from the breathing tube and that's the worst part, a 6/10 when I swallow. I think I'm gonna live :)
Anyway, it's nap time. Nighty night.
day of surgery
and more bruising
Other than that I feel pretty good. Can't wait to get the stents out of my nostrils on Friday!
hopefully this is as bad as it gets
The purple really brings out my eyes, don't you think? Ha ha ha
The dreaded splints are gone!
Happy as a clam so far :)
Anyone wanna see the splints? I have a picture...
The doctor did his whole exam before he gave me the mirror.
What a relief! I still look like me, just better!
Oh, my left nostril is bigger than the other one. I'm tossing it up to swelling and not gonna worry about it. The incisions for the septoplasty were done on the left so it makes sense.
So far I love it.
The doc gave me some nasal exercises to do, where I pinch and apply pressure to my nose in different areas. It's supposed to keep the bones narrow. It's definitely sore/numb/sensitive right now.
I go back in one week for another follow-up.
Anyway, I'm a happy girl. So happy. I'm so glad the big unveiling wasn't very shocking.
Here's some photos!
swelling is going down
BTW, Aquaphor is the shit. I've been using it on my lips and inside my nostrils and it's been the only thing to actually keep those areas moisturized.
Happy healing, everyone!
so much better
1) My nose was very swollen, greasy and the skin felt weird for 3-4 days
2) The skin peeled like it was shedding from a bad sunburn
3) Zits, zits, zits...everywhere, probably from not being able to thoroughly wash my face for a week. The skin on and around my nose was the worst, go figure.
Here are the good things:
1) I don't feel like I'm pecking my boyfriend in the face anymore when we kiss. I don't think he ever noticed but I did. The kissing experience has improved for me, yay!
2) I don't really have a good side/ bad side anymore. Yay! Had some photos taken with family and I willingly participated. This is huge for me, I used to refuse and then get grumpy when forced to have my photo taken. Not anymore!
3) I find myself looking in the mirror LESS now than before I had the operation. Confidence is liberating.
4) The swelling has decreased substantially in the past week.
I'll post some photos in the next few days.
I very highly recommend this surgeon. He is an experienced ENT with a fantastic aesthetic eye. I have felt at ease with him since the first consultation because it is easy to tell he is confident in his skill. His staff is professional, courteous and consistent. The surgical facilities he utilizes are also fantastic.