Perlane and Botox - First Time! - Houston, TX

With my 50th birthday around the corner, I (in the...

With my 50th birthday around the corner, I (in the past year) really began to get bothered by the typical signs of again - nasolabial folds, marionette lines and brows. Surgery is not my thing. After reading countless reviews, my game plan was Perlane filler for the lines and a botox brow lift. It take seeing a handful of terrible "after" photos to know that choosing the best dermatologist available is an absolute must. The only dermatologist I would consider is Esta Kronberg.

I thought it was interesting that she took breaks in between adding filler to take a moment to step back, look at the over picture and speak to me. She explained that she wanted to watch me while I spoke to see my facial movement - all before moving on. She explained that a face at rest, is very different than while speaking and you must see both to be sure to keep the look natural.

Pain throughout the procedure? Virtually none. Oh, and I think I forgot to mention that the one thing in this world I absolutely hate is needles!

It has been 8 days and I could not be happier. A few tiny dots of bruising were all that appeared.
The best thing is that to me I see a world of difference, but the change was so subtle, so natural, so perfectly done that no one could see "the work". It truly gave the appearance of nothing more than erasing years of aging. No "she got something done" signs. Exactly what you want!

This being my first time, I thought it would be quite expensive, but was pleasantly surprised it was not at all. To be treated SO well, to receive flawless procedures, virtually pain free and at such a reasonable rate, I will definitely be a repeat customer.

The product (Perlane and Botox) were the right choices for me, but no product can be right if not administered by a dermatologist with experienced hands with a perfect eye. Esta Kronberg is the only dermatologist I will allow to do this!

Typo; typical signs of aging

Typo; typical signs of aging
Your post has helped me pretty much decide what I'm going to do. I've been doing Botox for about a year, and last spring I had my lips done with Juvederm XC which I have really liked the improvement. Barely any lips before. I'm turning 47 soon and like you,the smile lines around my mouth are really becoming bothersome. I was looking into Radiesse at first because of its lasting power and all. But after seeing a lot of reviews, I'm thinking I should stay away from Radiesse. My injector I go to is AWESOME and sweet and steers me in the right direction. She's ok with Radiesse but said if I'm nervous about possible side effects then look into Perlane. I didn't even think of Perlane, but now I'm thinking in a month, that is what I'm going to do, and your post has helped me with my decision. Thank you for posting!!!! Very much appreciated!!
I'm so glad I could help! I wanted to give a very detailed honest review as this site and all the info from patients helped me so much. It's interesting that you hear so many conflicting reviews from the final look to the bruising to the pain. I believe that extensive experience and skilled hands will deliver the best results in all categories. I also believe that doing a beautiful job is an art and not everyone has the eyes and the vision for it. I'm still so happy with Perlane as my filler of choice and what I chose to do. I'm actually looking forward to my next visit. It sounds like you're in good hands and I'm sure you'll be very please with the results, as I was. Again, I'm so glad to have helped you. :-)
I will be sure to let you know how my experience and look turn out!!!! Nov. 26th I go in!!! Thank you again!!! :)

It's now May of 2013 and I went to Esta Kronberg...

As I've said before, the only dermatologist I would consider is Esta Kronberg.
UPDATE: It's now May of 2013 and I went to Esta Kronberg for my 3rd visit - this time to try Dysport (no filler needed this visit). Again, as always she is incredibly patient, generous with detailed answers to any questions and concerns I had and incredibly thoughtful and precise with everything she does. The results from all 3 visits have been fantastic. I am not a "shopper" spending hundreds of dollars on clothing or cosmetics, but I feel every dollar spent during my last three visits could not have been better spent! Every time I look in the mirror I love what I see, which makes me happy, happy, happy on the inside! (No $125 pair of jeans could come close to that.) I must stress that the reason I feel the results are so incredible, is due to the exceptionally knowledgable and talented dermatologist that discusses the best products that will give me the results I seek and flawlessly administers them. As I've said before, the only dermatologist I would consider is Esta Kronberg.
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Every part of my first visit was exceptional. Dr. Esta Kronberg's extensive knowledge, gentle and skilled hand and experienced eye allowed for a perfect procedure and experience. The office location, check-in, wait-time, numbing process and assistants were all wonderful. From the moment she entered the room, Dr. Kronberg is so kind and relaxed that you feel like you're her only appointment of the day. She agreed with my "to-do list", offered product options, answered any questions and explained the procedure before starting and throughout. I thought it was interesting that she took breaks in between adding filler to take a moment to step back, look at the over picture and speak to me. She explained that she wanted to watch me while I spoke to see my facial movement and expressions - all before moving on. She explained that a face at rest, is very different than while speaking and you must see both to be sure to keep the look natural. I was so happy to hear this explanation as I didn't want to look different, just better. :-) The results were incredible and virtually pain-free, with only a couple tiny dots of bruising that didn't even require make-up. No matter what the procedure or product you choose, the result can only be as good as the eye and the hand of the doctor you have chosen. This happy client would never consider going to anyone else!