My Results from Lip Augmentation (Perma Facial Implant) - Houston, TX

6 months ago I received the perma facial implant...

6 months ago I received the perma facial implant in my top and bottom lips.

I thought it was the answer to thin lips (especially my top lip), but after 6 months, the implant is still in "mustache area" and has not dropped. Not sure why or what to do.

Has anyone out there had the same result??? My top implant has not dropped. The last time I went to the doctor (at 4 months), he said he was still at the "between where the wet and dry part of my lip." I don't think it will drop anymore. It is very obvious when talking to people that I have an implant in my top lip because it is not actually in my lip - it is still in "the mustache area."

My doctor suggest taking it out and putting it back in, but I bruised quite a bit and was swollen, so I would probably have to miss a few days of work (again).

Has anyone had a lip implant that did not drop? Is it from scar tissue? I'm considering having it removed permanently. Any suggestions or answers for me?

At 6 months post surgery, I don't see any difference and don't think it was work $2,500

Most of the time physician uses Juvederm for the Lip Augmentation. As generally seen that Juvederm side effects are mild in nature that usually resolved in a weeks. common side effects that may resist are redness,pain,swelling,lumps,itching,risk of infection.
Oh I am so sorry, but it sounds like the doctor didn't know what he was doing. There should be no 'dropping' for this implant, as the dr. creates a tunnel where the implant resides. It's not like breast implants. I would seriously check with a lawyer but I would definitely have it removed.
Please send some close up front and side views for evaluation.....per surgery and as they are now.will the evaluate.
how do i post picts so you can view? let me try to figure this out
im set to remove my lower lip permalip implant next week. Cant wait and i hope it works out well. My top one is not so bad since it was a smaller one, i will give it another month before i decide if i want to keep or remove top one as well. I picked a new doctor to help me with this process (also hoping he is better than my first pick who btw had many diplomas and was recommended by other doctors...) My new doctor is highly recommended by public. I hope removal doesnt leave me looking even worst. After 5 weeks these implants def feel better than first 4 weeks however you cant predict the results. My bottom one is way off pass my lip line. My natural lip ends and implant doesnt..Its placed uneven, higher in right corner and lower in left corner which looks like my mouth is sloping down on one side~ lopsided. My appearance is deeply disfigured bc of the bottom implant. I guess i have what may bc considered a nice face and i just wanted my lips to look little fuller without having to get temp fillers all the time. Wish i never did it. If anyone is considering this i would read more customer reviews about this product bc for every good one there are 10 bad ones. I know i would NEVER put implants in my lips again. I would also never use a doctor who would recommend this product.
thank you!! (i just saw your last post) im still little sore from the surgery but i can not wait to get this out of me. Its been a month and i can tell this looks horrible , doesnt feel good at all. I hear different opinions about how long to wait till i can remove. Dr says 2 months, another dr tells me i can remove now (anytime) , some tell me 3-6 month. Funny doctors recommend permalip yet cant agree on a simple answer! i found one dr in NYC who told me he would never use these, and i think ill pay him to remove this for me. He has enough brains to know to stay away=) i cant wait for this to be over
for me as well. Now i cant even get an appmt to remove it, dr says he is booked ! this whole thing is a nighmare and im sorry i did it. Would like to know if anyone here had it removed and if it was painful. Also how long did it take to feel normal again.
If anyone is thinking about getting the permalip surgery, DONT! It was a horrible experience for me.
did anyone here have their implants (permalip) removed? i had mine done a month ago and my bottom is also out of place and too big . I want to get rid of them but im nervous it will be as painful as putting them in..i cant take time out of work. Is the recovery the same as when they put them in?
Hello, This is Sweetgirl84 (See my post below). I had my permalip implants removed after 4 months. I wish I would have gotten them removed sooner. I thought I would need to take time off for the recovery but I was wrong. After the removal, the smelling was minimal. I was able to go out the next day, nobody could notice. If you get them removed on a Friday, you will be fine by Monday. They also use the clear disolvable stitches. The removal surgery was painful, but worth it. I've noticed that my lips get dry more often than they did post surgery. They also become sore occasionally. If you have any more questions let me know. I remember being in your shoes a few years ago. It wasn't fun. Good luck!
I just had my lip implants removed 6 days ago. They didn't use the dissolving stitches, go in back in 10 says to get stitches out then can start stretching exercises. Did your lips go back to how they looked before the implants? What about the scar tissue? Dr says it'll dissolve but I've never heard of that and I'm worried my lips will still be somewhat restricted
HI CADAMS 1101: I STILL HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY PERMALIP DONE.I HAVE A BUBBLE ON MY LIP FROM AN ACCIDENT I HAD.IT'S SCAR TISSUE. I WAS TOLD IT WOULD LEAVE AND IT'S BEEN 6 YEARS NOW. IT'S. STILL THERE. THIS IS Y I WANT THE PERMALIP;THEY LOOK GREAT!!! SORRY 2 HEAR ABOUT UR SITUATION.SO R U GOING 2 GET THEM RE DONE? ???
Hi Kay, Sorry to hear about your bad experience? Who was your Dr. in Houston? And did you end up getting them revised or removed?
First, if you are unhappy with your results and have specific issues, talk your plastic surgeon. That's what I would do. Give yourself time to heal, though. Even though it's cosmetic, placing lip implants is surgery. Everyone heals and recovers at a different pace.

I had Perma Facial Implants inserted in my top and bottom lip about 3 months ago and I don't have the problems others bring up in this blog post thread. My implants are the medium-size diameter, because my lips have a good amount of tissue and I wanted a very natural look, and the longer length, due to the natural length of my lips. Each implant was placed, from what I can tell, right at the vermilion border (the demarcation between the red-colored lip and the adjacent normal skin). This givens them a lovely projection, which is a trait of full, youthful lips.

It took my top lip a while longer than my bottom lip to become normal-looking again. After my experience with facial rejuvenation (brow lift, face lift, eyelid surgery), I knew not to become overly concerned until I had healed. Some slight swelling remained in my top lip longer than the bottom lip, and in the lip area, even the slightest swelling can make things look strange!

A couple things I have noticed... before the implant my top lip wasn't perfectly symmetric. I really hadn't taken much notice of it before. Of course the implant didn't correct this. After I got the implants I really scrutinized my lips, looking for imperfections and problems. When I had healed to the point where it was ok to pucker my lips, at first, the upper lip puckered on one side and not the other. After a few more weeks, now both sides can pucker.

Bottom line, what I ended up with is my lips changed back to the way they looked when I was much younger. The slight asymmetry is still there, but it's subtle, as it has always been. I've said it in other comments on this site...I love the results. My lips look so much better than they did before I got the Perma Facial Implants.
Hello Lonestartgirl! I have gore tex lip implants and I hate them. I was thinking to remove them and get the perma implants. Do they feel soft? Mine are hard and the upper got displaced. When I smile, its shows. My plastic surgeon said its one of the complications. I don't know what to do.
Permalip implants are horrible. They do not feel natural at all (see my postings)
If you have any questions, let me know.
I had my permalip surgery about 2 weeks ago. Before the stitches were taken out I noticed that part of my lip was slightly transparent. It looks like the implant is pushing and stretching out a small section of my lip on the right side. I thought that once the swelling went down it would go away but it hasn't changed at all. My main concern is that the left side of my lip rises higher than the other when I smile, it's uneven! I'm not sure if anything can be done or if I will have to get the implants removed. I am really upset and now I just wish that I had my thin lips back.
I feel the same way! I had the gore tex lip implants and I wish I have never done it. I thought that the permalip was better though....
ok so it's been 10 days since my permalip surgery and it is starting to look better but still not even but I was hoping to see more of my top teeth and I still can't we shall see how it will look in another week.
I did my permalip only in my top lip 3 days ago and I'm very swollen and a little bruised on the left side of my mustache area but not on the lip!! but when I smile it is totally uneven and I look like a freak :(. did anyone have an uneven smile when they were healing from the permalip?
I had Perma Lip done 13 days ago and am also concerned that my top lip was placed either too high or is too big, as I look horrible. Doctor swears it is still swollen, but until I read your posting, it seemed to me, that I was the ONLY one that was possibly swollen and unhappy with the results after 2 weeks. I am sorry I do not have any helpful advise to you, but do you mind sharing with me how how long it took for the majority of your swelling to go away? Currently, I look like a duck and the Perma Lip (for some reason) really accentuates the appearance of my smile lines (those between my nose and corners of my mouth). If I were you, I would probably consult with another doctor, if there are any in your area that perform the same type of procedure.
seems to me like perhaps your surgeon placed the implant too high in the lip. I had mine done and since the first day they were in place. swollen, very swollen but in the right vecinity!