Mother of 2! Hernia Repair and Panniculectomy - Houston, TX

Hello everyone! This is my first post concerning...

Hello everyone! This is my first post concerning my journey. I have had 2-c sections and on my 3rd hernia Repair Surgery within the last 8 years. I'm having the hernia repaired ( component separation technique) and a Panniculectomy. I'm excited and can't wait! I have my pre op visit next week. Will chat again soon! God Bless!

Getting nervous!!

So I go for my pre-op on Monday and I just hope that everything goes well. This will be my 3rd hernia surgery. I want a flat tummy! What do you guys think? Do you think that i have a good shot at a great outcome?

This has been a good day!!!

Well today I actually got a chance to eat! This hernia has been quite painful especially after every meal. Been eating like a bird, for the past couple months because of the path that the food has to go through during digestion. The stool softener has helped to keep things steady moving. I can't wait for all this to be finally done. Hopefully back to my pre pregnancy figure!!!!! One more thing having some trouble with the posting from my phone. I'll get the hang of this soon ;)

Night before Pre-op with PS

Well I'm still up thinking about my Pre-op in the morning, and that I will be catching a flight at 6:00 am!
Lol I think I will just take a power sleep before I have to leave home at 330am to be at the airport in time. Got lost of questions for the Dr, thanks to all you ladies that I have been reading about and the info that you post has helped a lot!!!!! Well I will post more pics that I took this evening, seems like my hernia/ tummy is huge tonight for some reason . I just want to put this all behind me and be on the flat side!!!!!! Hugs and Kisses TTYL!!!!!!
Dr. Christi Blakkolb

Hello sweetie, How did everything go? I pray well.
I had my hernia of 10 years repaired on the 16th. I pray it doesn't come back. I'm not having more children, so hopefully it sticks. Good luck!
Had mine on June 9th! Hope to see an update soon! Heal up well!
Good luck having my panniculectomy on the 23rd
Hey, just wanted to let you know that you are in my prayers this morning...may your surgery and recovery be a success. If I can be of any help to you , feel free to messege me. We are all in this together:)
Prayers to you on a speedy recovery :)
Wow...bless your heart...I pray you get the results you need and desire this time around. Be strong!
Prayers up. Keep us posted. ..
What is a CG?
Short for Compression garment.
Yes, my Dr mentioned putting some surgical covering/ dressing but I have my pre- op in the morning, I can get a better understanding of exactly what she along with the General surgeon will be doing.
Oh I hope this is the last time you need a hernia repair! You have been through a lot this year.

Will they be covering your incisions with something, to protect them from the CG?
Thanks Mom of 6! I'm excited! And staying prayed UP!!
Thank you so much for sharing ur story with us, will b with u step by step , best of luck
I'm having my panniculectomy and lipo on July 10 :) I'll be following your story! Hope you get great results!
Thanks!!! I will be sure and post every chance I get. I'll be checking in on you as well. :)
is insurance helping pay for? if so, what was the criteria for?
Welcome and thanks for sharing your journey with us!

Not long now until the big day! Are you all prepared?

You mention that you've had two hernia repairs in the past. Are the hernia's coming through in the same place each time?
Yes! I'm almost there! I had my first hernia repair in 2006 after the birth of my first child; then the second I had last September. The last surgeon I had didn't do a good job and I was in the hospital a while recovering. By November of last year the hernia was back and much more painful. So I found a Dr team that would do my hernia repair with mesh removal and extended panniculectomy . But I will have a vertical and horizontal scar. Praying for a good outcome, been though a lot the past year.
I still need to get my cg but I'm a little worried about how it's going to feel on my incisions...... :( I heard in so of the other posts that some had to return them because hod how they felt. My Dr mentioned that she would put one on me after the procedure. I go for my Pre-op on Monday. I live in the Phoenix area but I will be flying into Houston for my appointment. I will get everything else next week. Other than that I'm just nervous as heck! I will probably be asking her for a couple of RELAX pills!!!!!!! Lol!