Mommy Makeover - Houston, TX

I'm 44, 5'4" and 205 lbs. Im overweight but this...

I'm 44, 5'4" and 205 lbs. Im overweight but this is my stable weight ans since my husband prefers a thicker figure, I'm having my procedures done to correct the parts of my body hit hardest during pregnancy and a sedentary lifestyle.

I'm having a full tummy tuck with lipo of my abdomen and flanks, breast lift with 450cc silicone implants and well as lipo to my inner thighs and knees.

Even as a relatively thin teenager I had thick, muscular legs and my thighs were similar to those of a linebacker. I also have a large stomach that hangs down over my underwear and looks disgusting even in clothes. I don't have great issue with my breasts but they could use a lift. I'm a full B or small C. They're not deflated but I have always wanted to have more cleavage and thought that I might as well get it done at the same time.

A change of heart

I've been having some doubts as to whether or not I should go forward with the liposuction of my knees and inner thighs. My legs are big and I have a lot of excess fat and I'm concerned that once the procedure is completed I'll just have a lot of saggy skin and then I'll need to have additional procedures performed.

I feel pretty sure at this point that I'm not going to have it done. I think I can put that money towards a personal trainer and work on tightening up that area.

Pre-op Photos

Well, I finally took a couple of photos and trying to come to terms with posting them for the whole world to see.

The mister thinks I should go forward with the thigh lipo saying he thinks I'll regret it if I don't. And says if I need a lift afterwards then we'll get it taken care of. I'm back and forth because I know he's right.

Dr. Coretes says 450cc should do good for me. I'm wondering if I need to ask him for 500cc since he's doing a submuscular implant. I do have concerns about a birthmark I have on my right breast. It's fairly large now and I can't imagine how big it'll be when it's all said and done.

Making Preparations

Surgery in three days! O.M.G.

Spent the day running errands and trying to clean house to make sure it's spotless before the big day. I have all my meds, heating pad and ice pack, wedge pillow for my legs, and other random comfort items.

I've been getting feedback and it seems that I'm getting a lot of encouragement to go forward with the lipo on my inner thighs. It looks like it's back on. Although, I'm pretty confident that I'll end up with a lot of saggy skin and need a thigh lift at the minimum. Luckily it's winter time and not too many shorts/bathing suit days so maybe I'll have some time to evaluate the skin situation.

Seems like there's just too much to do and I know I'm going to forget something important. What am I forgetting?! Ugh.

We really are all the same on the inside, aren't we?

I keep reading review after review looking at everyone's photos and it's funny how we all have the same insecurities or unhappiness with our body. I look at so many women on here and would be thrilled to have their pre-op body yet they say they hate it. Others I feel so much empathy for them and they're so strong! So inspirational.

I didn't realize how much reading all the reviews and following other people's stories could help me and my frame of mind. Y'all help ease my mind and the encouragement is amazing.

I'm looking forward to my transformation and following the progress of so many others.

Twelve Hours To Go!

I can't believe I have to be at the hospital in less than 12 hours! Even though I just created my profile on here a week ago, the information and support I received from others has been incredible. I appreciate being able to follow everyone's story and lessons learned.

I'll update as soon as I can. Prayers are welcomed!

A Few Recovery Pics

Five Weeks Post-Op

Been battling an infection in my right breast as well as in my belly button. It wasn't terrible looking but the breast pain was really bad. Looks like it's clearing up nicely now with the help of some powerful antibiotics from my doctor.

So far my biggest challenge is keeping this compression garment on like I'm supposed to. I feel like I can't move around enough to get anything done and I've woken up several times in the night and had to strip out if it as quickly as I could due to severe panic attacks and feeling like I couldn't breathe. Hate. This. Thing.

Overall, I'm feeling really good. I still have pain, numbness and a couple of hard swollen lumps in my thighs from the lipo but it's getting better every day.

I've been doing lymphatic massages twice a week and I want to say they're working but It's a slow process. I read an article today about dandelion root tea that's supposed to be great for ridding the body of toxins and I plan to pick some up tomorrow and give it a shot.

I'm confused as to whether or not I still have swelling. I'm hoping I do because I will like my abdomen is a little thick up top. Lord knows, anything is an improvement over what I had previously! Just wondering how you know when you've reached that point.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cortes seems very confident and knowledgable. He listened to my concerns and desires and made suggestions based on my body type. I have high expectations but I believe Dr. Cortes can deliver the desired results.

Dear patients: I want to thank you for being part of my practice. First of all, I want to apologize for any inconvenience you might have had, if at any given time, you have not been able to communicate by phone with my office. Our practice has undergone an unprecedented growth. For this reason, we have implemented a new text system where you can communicate during business hours to one of our live operators. The number to text any concern or question is 936-760-2696. I hope to serve you in the nearby future to satisfy your desired cosmetic needs. These include the hourglass tummy tuck, the wonder breast lift, the wonder breast reduction, and buttock augmentation with high volume fat transfer, among other techniques that I have invented. Thank you for being part of my practice and God bless you all. Truly yours, Wilberto Cort├ęs Plastic Surgeon
How are you doing? I've been following your journey! Any updates?
Wowww what a major difference! You look really good! I just love how Dr.Cortes gives his signature, "hourglass". I was comparing your before and after pix, he REALLY cinched that waistline! I'm praying that get gets me as close as possible to my wish photos. However, I know I'm going to be happy with just getting this apron off of my thighs...Anyway, if you can commit yourself to a rigorous waist training routine for 6 months (wearing Squeems, cinchers and other compression garments) you will see several more inches drop from your waistline. I know you are probably at the stage now in which the mere idea of staying in your garment for another day is a nightmare!lol but seriously, consider it because you have invested too much financially to not come out with stellar results. Dr.Cortes has done his part, now the results can be maintained through good eating habits, exercise, compression,and massage. Have you seen Suchaladie (Another Cortes patient or bigbootytinywaist)? The latter has a very detailed waist training program that she has shared with plenty of photos of her results, which are unbelievable! You are right when you say we are all the same in regards to having those negative self image demons riding our minds. Regardless, of our size or shape, we all struggle with our imperfections. Well wishing you a smooth recovery and happy healing. Enjoy your new body!
Dr. Cortes is amazing! Love him. I truly hate the garment and find myself making excuses to be out of it. However, I ordered a couple more from amazon and I'm looking forward to receiving those tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll be a bit more comfortable. I'm sure he will do wonderful things for you! Best of luck!
Looking really good. I am still a bit thicker at the top and I've decided its not related to swelling. I'm just going to keep compression and working out at the gym and hope it goes away.
That's what I'm thinking. I was big all over, except my breasts, to begin with. I'm trying to eat better and be more active. Too much money to spend to not do everything you can to look and feel your best.
You look fabulous !!! How must be thrilled with your results. I haven't had my procedure yet but the doctors and I have read from RS ladies that it takes months for the swelling to completely go away.
Thank you so much! I'm very, very happy. I look in the mirror a lot. Ha!
Wow lovely results I kove that little black dress! Have you got your garment on under black dress?
No. No garment under there. I just tried it on because it looked good on before surgery but I was definitely lacking up top. Much better now!
Looking really good!
Congrats! Looking good!
How many hours was your surgery?
I think it was six hours.
Looking good :-)
You look fab
Thx for the update. I've been thinking about you. Hope you are feeling well. You look awesome. Love love the curves.
Hope all is well. Ant wait to see more pics
Good luck
Good luck tomorrow. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. Keep us posted :)
Thank you so much! My surgery is at 12:30 so I don't expect to get to my room until 7 or 8 p.m. but I'll update as soon as I can.
Sending best wishes for your big day tomorrow!
Thank you! Thank you!
Good luck with your sx, I am having my bbl in two months and just like you have my doubts on the inner thigh lipo due to the sagging. I will do it but hopefully not aggressively and after I will follow the aftercare LadyB2011 did....wrapping n keeping the thigh area compressed at all times to give the skin a chance to contract....eventually Thigh sx can be done later. Have a great surgery!!!
I guess I missed that part of ladyb2011's profile. I'll have to go reread it! My legs are just so huge and touch all the way down to my knees. I think I'll need a follow up procedure. Thanks for the info!