Mommy Makeover - Houston, TX

I knew i wanted a TT before I got pregnant with my...

I knew i wanted a TT before I got pregnant with my 3rd child. my stomach has always been in terrible shape. I was not one of the fortunate ones to have a flat tummy. What I decided at the last minute was the breast lift and breast aug. having a mommy makeover is an emotional and physical experience. no lie!! it comes with pain for sure. If you gave birth to children, you are fully capable of doing this procedure. I am figuring out that this requires a great deal of patience! Take 3 weeks off of work, not 2, 3!!! 21 days! I'm not completely through with PS, but for the next 5 years definitely. Surgery is tough! I want to do a face lift in 15 years and maybe some lipo in my arms and legs. My motivation and perseverance thought this recovery process comes from all the wonderful people on this website. I couldn't be more grateful for this forum. Thank you.

4-1/2 weeks PO not happy

I'm a little pissed off right now because I'm still waking hunched over. I mean this is ridiculous. I'm starting to wonder if sewing me this tight has the same results for someone who wasn't sewn tight and can walk straight after 2 weeks. The longer I sit the more hunched over I am. I am feeling a great deal of pressure at work because my back pain lie is fizzling out. They are doubting me now, therefore my integrity is on the line! What a stupid lie to tell. I should've listened to my hubby and told them I had surgery on my csection incision. Just something else that would've lasted longer because I'm still walking like a 100 year old women. I swear I'm going to freak out if I'm not walking straight by my 6 weeks PO. That date is supposed to be a turning point but honestly I seriously doubt it at this point. I feel no different than 3 weeks ago. Sorry to be a Debbie Downer but this is how I feel at the moment. Uggh come on muscles heal!!

6 weeks PO and walking straight enough :) yay!

I am 6 weeks PO, and I never thought this day would come! I feel like its Christmas or something. I am feeling a lot better. I realize on my earlier update I was PO’d about not walking straight. Well since about 5 days ago I am walking straight. I define walking straight by not walking hunched after getting up from my desk several times at work late in the afternoon. At night, I’m a little hunched. Some days I feel extreme tightness in the abdomen area, and some days I’m more swollen than others. I am trying to assess what makes me most swollen; activity or FOOD! I think its FOOD! If I cut my meals by 2 x’s a day and have some unsalted popcorn (or something equally light) at night I feel a lot better the next day. We have so many activities at work and a lot of celebrations at home it’s hard to avoid eating out. I paid a lot of money for this transformation so I don’t want to continue with my old eating habits. My opinion why some people are against plastic surgery is because they feel the majority of patients don’t change their lifestyle habits after the surgery. I don’t want to be the majority! I know as soon as I can get back in the gym FULL FORCE is when I can control my food intake. I was an avid gym rat prior to the surgery. My BA and BL are healing but the right breast has healed slower than the left. They are still very sore and I still can’t lift my hand over my head without it pulling. I was told I would endure 3 months of discomfort. Around my 6 month TT anniversary I will have lipo done on my back to accentuate the TT. I told my husband that would be the last thing for a good while. At the moment I don’t feel my back or side view is proportion to my frontal view so therefore I need the back lipo performed. The lipo will most certainly hurt but it’s a fast recovery and I want my back to look arched. Also because of the BA & BL I don’t think I’ll ever lift weights for my back again because I don’t want my chest pulling at all. I am still very happy with my doctor and his staff. They are so informative & very helpful with this process. They never make me feel that I'm bothering them at all. I was worried that after I had the surgery, paid the money, they would distant themselves from me but that is not the case at all. Everyone listen to your doctor. When they tell you that 6 weeks is a major turning point, IT IS. If they tell you to watch your sodium intake, DO IT! If they tell you your skin will loosen a little, IT WILL. This surgery has tested and probably strengthens my patience level.
My next wish: To get strong enough to get back in the gym and work out again. There's no way I can do it now.

7 weeks PO

Went to PS yesterday complaining about my right breast. Been doing too much I open the bottom incision. Geez. I was happy that he told me no signs of CC. I bought a bed wedge today. It's time to start sleeping in the bed. Enough of the recliner! The Dr says I should be able to lay flat in the bed but no way am I ready. My breasts are preventing me from doing that. I guess I'm a slow healer in that department. I long for the gym! I can't wait until I can go back. Hopefully in December I can go back. I want to start making this TT look good.

9 weeks PO

Very happy with everything. Struggling with eating sensibly. Only wearing the CG off and on. I love that I can wear a lot of clothes that I couldn't before. My PS said he can give me a waist and he did. I think I look pretty hot at my age. Lol just kidding. Still can't wait to go to the gym but my life is in an uproar right now.
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I gave my doctor 5 stars so far because honestly that's what he and his staff deserves. He does cost a little more but you definitely get what you pay for.

Hi Gingerbear I am schedule with Lyos for TT , lipo, and MR on 3rd Dec - can you post up dated pic ? I like to see the waist - Lyos said he could give me a waist too - I'm nervous but ready to have the TT Did you have the procedure done at west side hospital ? If so how was the experience? Thanks for sharing :)
Sorry to hear about your incision opening. That's a bummer. I"m glad I didn't do both at the same time - the TT has been hard enough for me. But then when I do go for my breast revision I will be starting at the beginning again!
Thanks for that update gingerbear. Seems like we're still on the same path. I still swell like a sponge and can only say that less food does seem to help (and less alcohol, but I never photograph that because I'm still shattered by evening). But a shape has now emerged that I love when I'm not swollen. I still have pains at both my stitch sites and that sunburn feeling all up my abdomen at times. And the skin still feels uber tight at times and has a limit to how much I can stretch it - try this one - after you get to stand up straight most of the time - can you reach the top shelf in your kitchen cupboard? I hadn't noticed before, but I only get there by standing on point like a ballerina!! I've decided to go for my implant reworking when my PS says I can, as my left boob has capsular contraction that will only get worse. And it's a good time to do it - as I will get ten good years and I'm currently in between boyfriends. B.t.w am I the only single girl on here?!
Oh no! You have CC? My good friend just had her reconstructive surgery on her boob due to CC. It was her 3rd breast surgery. It cost her $9000 to fix them. As for standing up, I can't reach the top of my cabinets bc of the BA&BL incisions. Right now my incision on my right breast is open. So you drink beer or alcohol? I can't imagine how I'll feel after having some alcohol in me.
Yes a couple of evenings a week I have a drink and I do swell a little, but it goes away. I was up late last night with my dance partner. I had to throw him out because he wanted to talk all night! The CC isn't that bad, but I've decided to go ahead before it becomes noticeable. It just means the skin around the implant has tightened. they say that breast surgery needs revising every ten years so I'm overdue!
You look really good! Glad to hear about the 6 wk mark! It gives me something in the comfort to know soon this skin will loosen up a bit! :)
Yes it will. It does loosen a little.
Wow lookin mega ;-)
Thank u!
Fantastic!
Thanks BritTuck!
At least you know you got sewn thight :) I was a little worried, because I was able to walk straight like a week PO.
Yes I wAs sewn very tight. The doctor told me himself that as well.
Looking god! I hear you on the wanting to walk up right! Im only 12 days PO and my back is killing me!
Oh I remember the aching back. I walked hunched for nearly 5 weeks then finally at 5-1/2 wks I could straighten up. I'm glad my doc sewn me tight though.
Hi seems that we are in the same boat - I'm 3 1/2 weeks, but don't feel any gradual improvement in being able to stand straight and I have become a recluse to avoid awkward questions and stares. Sitting is difficult so I spend a lot of time in bed at my laptop. And at night I get pains in my legs from having them in unnatural positions all day. There is no guideline as to how or when the standing upright should get better. My doc just said 'you'll know when it's right' - but so far it isn't right and I'm bored and fearful. Plus I have what looks like a stretch mark appearing at the tightest spot, which I sure as hell DON'T want after a TT!!! I didn't have any before and this will be above my bikini line. Boy, this IS an emotional roller coaster! If anyone out there has had this long before standing up and is past this point, then PLEASE SHOUT VERY LOUDLY as ginger bear and I could use some reassurance on this one! Something I find odd is how much tightness there is vertically compared to what seems to be looseness horizontally. Anyone else think this?
Well I started standing mostly upright some time during week one. My PS encourages you to stand up right away. He says hunching just causes back pain, why would you want to put yourself through that? But man, there are so many different opinions. Some people's doctors are telling them not to stand straight for weeks! I'm starting to realize that there just is no standard way of doing things. Anyway, what I did was when lying in bed I made an effort to spend a great deal of the night with my legs straight. No curling, no pillow under the knees.... it stretched me like a mofo, but after about ten minutes, my body would adjust and it stopped feeling so weird. When I was standing at first, I would squeeze my butt muscles to push my hips forward, that way I could stand straighter. Again, the stretching and pulling feeling in my abs is uncomfortable and very weird, but not exactly "painful" anymore now after a week. I just stand up, stretch to my full height and away I go. I hope that helps. Maybe you guys had more muscle repair than me, and that is why you are having a harder time, in which case my advice might not work. But if you are really miserable, then this might be the ticket. :)
Thanks for the reply BritTuck
That's good advice Fineliner- thank you!
Hi there, What does your ps say? Is it the same for all his patients? For what it's worth..you do look great!!
I see him on Friday so going to ask again. I want to know what's the average time from his patients who had muscle repair started walking straight
Your bb looks great. Congrats!
Thank you so much!

Thank you so much for paying it forward and sharing your experience. I agree that 3 weeks seems to work best for most ladies. We'd love to see your "before" photo if you feel comfortable sharing it. :)

I will try and get them from my doctor and post them. Thank you!