Lower Body Lift, Breast Lift Without Implants, and Side of Chest Lift -Houston, TX

I am scheduled for the first of two surgeries on...

I am scheduled for the first of two surgeries on January 7th, only two more weeks to go! I'm nervous as hell but excited also. This has been a very long journey for me. I have been obese most of my adult life. I had lap band surgery several years ago, lost a minimal amount of weight, and had a ton of problems with it. I had it removed January 3rd 2013 and lost a little over a hundred pounds in eight months!! I found THE surgeon who specializes in resolving the issues that happen with your body and skin when you go from being severely overweight to being at a healthy weight. I know I will be in the best hands possible and cannot wait!! The first surgery will be a breast lift, side of chest/upper back lift, tummy tuck, and buttocks lift with fat injected to fluff the cheeks back out. Then, hopefully about six months later I will have an arm lift, thigh lift, and neck lift (different surgeon for the neck lift), and POSSIBLY implants. The implants depend on how the girls end up size and shape wise after the lift.

I forgot to add

I had gastric sleeve surgery when I had my lapband removed.

Before photos-Yikes!!

Ok, we are getting down to go time!! Only a week and a half to go!! I had the hubs take some before pics. Partially so I could post them here and partially so I have something to look at while I'm healing. I never thought I would post naked pics of myself online but if this helps someone else make the decision to go forward with getting the body they want, especially after being obese like I was, then it's worth the embarrassment, lol. I have my pre-op appointment in two days with Dr. Lomonaco, I can't wait!

Had my pre-op today :)

I had my pre-op today. We did a medical history and went over what would happen the day of surgery. I was very relieved and impressed to find out how proactive Dr. Lomonaco and his team are in managing pain and post op nausea also. I have severe nausea issues after surgery and the last thing you want after getting your stomach cut and sewn back together is to dry heave. Dr Lomonaco impressed me yet again with how informative and reassuring he was while going over the surgery day. He also made it clear that my post op nutrition needed to be paid close attention to since I'm a bariatric patient. I think I will be adding three high protein and carb loaded snacks a day to my eating routine.

I made it!

I can already see the new me Dr Lomonaco created. We got to the hospital at six and I very impressed when they took me to preoperative and it was a private room. The anesthesiologist was very nice and made me feel very comfy. I again explained my nausea issues and she said not to worry. The last thing I remember is being wheeled into the operating room. It felt instantaneous. I had no nausea what so ever did not wake up in screaming pain as I feared. Dr Lomonaco and his staff kept all their promises to keep me comfy and nausea free

Day one post op pics

Day 3 post op

Well, I'm not in nearly as much pain as I thought I would be! It really only hurts getting up and down and even that isn't horrible. I know understand what everyone else was saying about the drains though, boy it smarts if you pull on them by accident. I cannot believe how perky my beautiful new boobies are and how flat my tummy is. He ended up not doing the side of chest lift, once he lifted the breasts a lot of that skin came forward. We still have our second surgery to do so I'm not worried about it. I will try to get some pics taken today and post them :)

More post op pics!

I managed to snap a few this morning. I'm in love with my new boobies and flat tummy with a cute little bellybutton. I'm super swollen right now so I can't wait to see how it all looks once the swelling is gone. I also no longer have accordion skin on my butt! Dr Lomonaco is awesome. He came to see me several times at the hospital and has even called me today at home.

Pics!

Butt pics :)

I was finally able to snap a few pics of the new booty. He smoothed it out considerably. I wish we could fill it out a bit more but like Dr Lomonaco says, there is only so much fat for him to harvest. He was able to get 200cc in each cheek.

Free at last!!!

Lol, those god awful drains came out today! Wasn't really painful except on the outer area of skin that kept being hurt and irritated by them but didn't feel it inside at all. I felt so good I went to walmart, I lasted about 20 minutes and then had to go. I'm now officially in a 36C sports bra. I also found out he removed twelve pounds of skin!!!!!

Swelling going down!

Just wanted to post an update pic. The swelling in my midsection is getting better and the girls swelling is better too.

Went back to work!!

Still nursing a very nasty head cold that unfortunately my toddler and husband now have. I'm doing half days though so it's not bad. I really did not expect anyone to notice anything, at least those who did not know why I have been out the last couple of weeks :) I had several ask me if I'd suddenly dropped a lot of weight, lol. I had one guy ask me where my new hourglass figure came from hahaha. One of my close coworkers who knows what I had done told me she couldn't believe how well I was getting around and how amazing I looked. It was nice to hear it from someone other than my husband lol.

Feeling good!

Well, I'm still swollen but those work pants I couldn't button a week and a half ago are now loose! I was in a twelve prior to surgery and I'm now in a ten. I cannot believe it!

Really?????

Ok, really bad day at work today, and not because I'm in pain or anything. I had two different women that I work with tell me I'm too skinny today. The first one is not someone I'm chummy with but we work in the same group. She looked me up and down with a disgusted look on her face and told me I was getting too skinny. She is very overweight like I used to be and has always almost made it a point to NOT say anything when others would tell me how great I was doing after my sleeve surgery. The coworker she said this in front of chewed her ass for being rude later when I was gone. The second lady is a friend of mine and said it in a nice way but was like you really need to gain about ten pounds. I don't understand why people think it's ok to tell someone they are too skinny. Also, I'm NOT!!!! I'm six foot one and I weigh 165. Good lord! It really upset me, it's like I can't win.

One month pics

Well the swelling has gone down but there is still some there, especially in the lower tummy mons area, I'm sure in time it will go away. My boobs are still a bit sore but still healing well and I'm still in love with them lol. My butt thankfully has seemed to have fluffed out a tad too.

Had my one year follow up with my bariatric surgeon yesterday

It was more like a year and a month lol. I felt very emotional driving up to the hospital, my dr moved his practice inside the hospital and it was the first time I had been back since the day of my sleeve surgery. I cried walking in and had to duck into the bathroom. All those emotions I felt the morning of my surgery came flooding back. I was so scared I would die on the table or have a major complication later and leave my toddler without a mother. She was the reason I was doing it though. I wanted to be around as long as possible for her, I wanted to be able to play with her, I wanted to enjoy life with her. It's silly, but I also didn't want to be the fat mom she would be embarrassed of as she got older. I felt so much of all those feelings it was so overwhelming. I checked in and got weighed. Dr Marvin came in and said I looked great, asked if I was having any trouble eating lol! I looked at him like he was crazy and he told me I was on the low end of the Range for my height but still a good weight. It's unusual for us bariatric patients to get there apparently. He also asked if I would be interested in being interviewed by a TV crew about my experience going from a lap band to a sleeve, I was like hell yeah. I think it's for the videos he shows in his office. I wonder if they will actually call me!

Surgery number two scheduled!

Well my dear friends, June 10th I will be letting Dr Lomonaco finish the job! I will be having an arm lift, thigh lift, and side of chest lift. I am so excited!

Two month pics!

Very pleased with swelling, mostly in mons area now.

Here we go again !!!

I am three weeks away from my thigh, arm, and side of chest lift! I will creat another review when I get some time. For all my peeps, did you use any kind of compression sleeve after your arm lift?
Houston Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Lomonaco is amazing. He listens to you when you meet with him and he's great at empathizing with the issues, physical and emotional, that you go thru from having been obese. His staff has been great about handling everything that needed to get set up prior to my surgery. I cannot wait to see the results he gives me! Updated five days postoperative: Dr Lomonaco has been wonderful. He came to check on me several times in the hospital, as well as his staff. The level of attention and care you get from him never wanes. The results of the lower body lift and breast lift already look amazing and I still have a lot of healing to do so it's just going to keep getting better. If you are considering surgery, he is definitely the surgeon you want changing your body!