No Regrets - Houston, TX

I am extremely pleased with my Life Lift! I felt...

I am extremely pleased with my Life Lift! I felt that my neck had aged faster than the rest of my face and results of my operation proved that to be true. My friends all are amazed and swear I look 15 years younger.

One thing I will emphasize...I had no pain. I took the meds faithfully and followed instructions during the healing process. Within a week I resumed going out to dinner, playing bridge and visiting. Within a month I was playing golf again, to rave reviews about my 'new' neck and face.

I would say to anyone considering it...go for it if you are healthy. It is worth the cost and inconvenience.

Palmer

Dr. P has extensive experience doing lifts. He was professional and friendly. I believe he is artistic in shaping the surgery.

NTherapy, who did your lift? Dr. who?
I had the Lifestyle Lift about 2 yrs ago. I was pretty satisfied with the results, so no complaint there. However, my doctor behavior was less than professional. He was just down right mean to me and his assistants! Before I tell my story, I will say that I have had several other types of surgeries and no doctor has ever treated me this way. While giving me around 50 shots in very fast succession, I started to cry...I could not help it, as it hurt so badly! Just tears were running down my cheeks...I wasn't sobbing; although before it was over I thought I was going to die! Well, when he saw the tears, he said to me ( very loud & gruff ) "Why are you crying"...I managed to get out that it hurt..wow, that set him off,! After he proceeded with the shots, and started to cut, I could feel the actual cutting...PAINFUL...I raised my hand and he said WHAT? I then told him I could feel the cut...oh boy, more shots and was I ever in trouble! During the whole procedure, he was repremanding the nurse and another guy that was staff..going off about if his schedule wasn't posted by such & such time, he wasn't going to show up or something to that effect. The Nurse ( can't remember her name now ) was very sweet and she kept patting my hand trying to comfort me. I felt sorry for the staff that was assisting him! As a child I was severely emotionally abused, so Dr. P took me right back to my childhood and felt like if I cried or showed pain, I would be cursed at and called names...OMG, it took me this long to finally write some of this down. The emotional abuse by this doctor was awful, not only to me, but the staff! I did of course go back to have the stitches removed and saw the nurse...she said I am sorry he treated you that way! He never came in to check on me, no one ever called to take "after" photos. I talked to 3 other women that he did their surgeries and all complained about pain and his emotional abuse. If I ever had a lift done again, it won't be with him.
I know this is something I really want. I guess my biggest concern is how long the procedure lasts. So many have said within 2months to a year their skin is already starting to droop again. Then again, as someone said, 'It's mostly the people that have had problems that write about it. Not as many write about their GOOD experiences because they're out there enjoying the success'. I'm beginning to think there is a lot of truth to that statement. Best of luck to you with your procedure and I'll be watching for your posts! :)
Being the subject of reviews also I can assure you that people are more apt to complain than they are to praise. When you pay your money and you get the job you expect you're happy and you go on your way. When you're not you do everything you can to say negative stuff. I know I do from 3000 to 5000 good jobs to every bad job. But with the happy people, I get possibly one good review. With negative people it's about 1 in 10 go online and say bad stuff.
Your consultation is free and your not obligated to go through with it unless you want. They talk to you about pricing and the work you would need done and then you watch some videos on different people that has had it done.
My surgeon has already made contact with me and I meet him in 3 weeks (1 week prior to surgery) to go over everything.
Since i have signed onto Real life, I have found a few people whom have had this this done. It has helped me. I will stay in touch.
I ended up cancelling my consultation. I'm not sure of what to do. Would you stay in touch and let me (us) know how you do with the procedure? I really want to have it done but too nervous to do it yet. Where are you finding people to talk to about it that are sounding so positive? I'd love to talk to some of them.
I can relate to you on how nervous you are after reading all the horror stories. Im scheduled to have my LSL next month and the more i talk to people that has had this done the better I feel about it. Im getting really excited!
Hello! Did you have the procedure done? My mom is scheduled for next month. I'm kind of nervous. How did it go for you?
I had a neck lift (just lower face not eyes, etc.) 2 1/2 years ago. I had no actual pain, was just uncomfortable I followed instructions to the T and had good results. Everyone thought I looked 10-15 years younger and I still do. I am 80 now and peoplel say I look 65.
I'm going for my consultation this Friday and am very nervous after reading as many bad things as good about this procedure.
I read all those good and bad comments before I had the surgery, also. My reasoning was and is that a greater percentage of people having bad experiences would naturally write in; however, those with good results wouldn't feel the need to write---they were satisfied. It has been 5 months and I'm completely healed, can't tell I've had the procedure. My neck was extremely tight at first and is now relaxing and showing a few minor wrinkles, hope it doesn't all go back the way it was. I will make final judgement in a year when I turn 80. Still worth it!
Please keep us informed of how you're doing in a year. I'm curious as to how long this procedure lasts. Thanks!

Welcome to RealSelf, 259844Houston, and thanks for posting your experience!