IPL Burn! - Houston, TX

I bought a groupon for 1 IPL photo facial. I...

I bought a groupon for 1 IPL photo facial. I expressed to the assistant and dr. Siegel my concern about being burned as I had in the past. Both assured me this positively would not happen. Guess what! At least it wasn't on my face! Too soon to tell if the treatment is a success. He said I may need more treatments on my dark spots. Maybe, but should I go back to dr. Siegel?
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

He burned my arm. We'll see if the IPL worked on my face. At least he didn't burn my face.

Thank you ruralgirl I wish more providers used your approach. I am also thinking machine malfunction could be an issue in some cases.
If you get a burn from a diode laser for laser hair removal, it is a burn. Getting burned from IPL (as long as no blistering occurs) is not so bad and quite common actually, very superficial and will heal up perfectly.
I have been going to Dr Siegel and I have had ALWAYS a wonderful experience. My suspicions are on that burn this person says she got from IPL. Very hard to believe. I think you trying to tarnish his practice, cause a person was fired around that time, so seems very suspicious, why would you do an arm? Ipl is mostly for face and problems areas above neck. Hummmm?!!!!
I'm so sorry to hear you were burned by the IPL. I've had many IPL treatments on my face, and I am very lucky to always have a positive experience. I just wanted to ask how your arm is now, and if you're planning to have future IPL treatments. Hope you are healing well, and thanks for sharing your experience.

Thank you for posting and sharing your experience.  Home long ago did you have this done?

I had it done on Thursday, may 16, 2013. The photo was taken about 2 hours after treatment. It was painful as I was leaving the office, but the burn did not appear till abou an hour later
Did he do a consultation first. I do IPL and always do an intensive consultation. Then I start on the lowest level and move upwards until the client feels like pins pricking, this is the level you should be using. This way you have the setting and write it on the client crad so you know what it is next time they come. There is absolutely no excuse for burning.