Full Face Phenol Peel - Houston, TX

Im on my first day in a lot of pain my surgeon was...

Im on my first day in a lot of pain my surgeon was great I'm 42 years old I had a lot of wrinkles I looked like I was in my sixties versus my 40 so I really hope the outcome is good .
Im really hoping the pain doesn't last to long right now I'm just 6 hours post op so can't tell you much yet. But even with the pain I would do it again

Day 3 had the tape removed feels like a bad...

Day 3 had the tape removed feels like a bad sunburn today .Have a lot of drainage when I lie down making it hard to sleep because I have to keep wiping it off I haven't had to take any pain meds at all since day 2

Day 6 feel like myself but still look like I have...

Day 6 feel like myself but still look like I have a bad sunburn its very itchy its only painful if the ointment dries out so you have to keep it on.

Just about healed still need to keep the ointment...

Just about healed still need to keep the ointment on but took pictures with out it I still have some swelling. Im posting some pictures one is before and after

Im on day 11 and my face is already healed I don't...

Im on day 11 and my face is already healed I don't know what the surgeon used on my face but i don't believe it was the phenol peel now that its healed I can see all the wrinkles come back so I know what i payed for I didn't get . Im so very depressed now it took me months to save up to have it not be what I got because if it was the right peel I would still look sunburned I have very slight red skin .

I looked into a lot of different dr in this area he was the most caring of them all I was really low on cash so was going to do just around my eyes but he went and did the whole face for the price of my eyes

OMG! It looked bad enough. You say the wrinkles came back? On your day 8 you looked good. I just canceled a Phenol peel & got my money back. I am still going ahead with the facelift in Aug, but with my job I couldn't avoid the sun completely. So sorry.
I do look alot better now I think I picked a Dr that didn't know what he was doing I should of did more checking into him before I let him touch me I made the mistake of going with the cheapest price . I will go back to another dr and have my eyes done the dr I had wouldn't go near the eyes and that is where I had the most wrinkles
I think based on the pictures you look GREAT! I am considering a peel but am very concerned about all the swelling I see patients having since I cannot take prednisone. But I think from what I see in the pics you look wondreful :)!
How are you feeling now?

I'm so sorry to hear that you are not happy with what you are seeing at this point. :( Since you are questioning if you had the right peel done, have you called the office where you had this done? I would definitely encourage you to do that.

Here is a Q&A that you might find helpful:

Deep Phenol Peel - When Will I See Results?

Also, Here are some before and after pictures that doctors who volunteer on RealSelf have shared with us. Of course I would assume these were some of their best outcomes, but still could give you something to compare to.

I went back to the Dr he has no clue as to why i didn't work he want to see me again next week if there is no results he is going to do the peel again at no charge they said it was the deep phenol peel done every one in his office couldn't believe that my have reverted right back to post peel . So its not in my head that it didn't work I think maybe it was a bad batch used on me I have no clue what happened.
You can put itch cream on I found out what is making it itch so bad is the ointment i went without it on today and didn't itch I just put it on for the night and I'm itching like crazy
Yeah, the itching would make me a little crazy too. Does the ointment help with the itching or just the feeling like it's on fire? The difference in the before and after is amazing!!! You look so good, especially for 8 days out!!
Nothing really helps with the itching only some people get the sever itching I take benadryl helps a little .
Oh, that has to be hard to deal with, benadryl knocks me out when I take it. Did your Dr. say how long the itching usually lasts?
He said it should stop when Im done healing but I've been rubbing it a lot so I have some more swelling today .
Are you allowed to put any kind of anti itch cream on it or does ice help? I'm assuming the itching is from the skin tightening as it heals?

I'm glad to hear you were feeling better. Are you still having to keep the ointment on now, or has that changed at all over the last couple days?

Still can't go without the ointment it feels like its on fire if I don't use it . I just can't get over the itching it is really driving me crazy!!

Oh no, sorry to hear! Yes, itching can be so irritating, can't it?! I do hope that improves soon, and hope you will keep us posted on how long the itching lasts so we'll have an idea of how long that phase is.

Wow,what an improvement in healing in just 3 days! How are you feeling?
Im feeling a lot better still have some healing to do just posted some more photos

I saw that you changed your rating to Worth It - I'm glad you feel that way so soon, and still in the midst of healing. I hope your skin is feeling ok today. :)

I did swell up I do have a picture it was on the second day I will try and post it later . But I didn't follow the rules I took a motrin and stayed upright so the swelling went down very fast they say not to take motrin but the swelling scared me and the only way I know to bring it down was motrin and ice . i was scared about not being able to see as long as the dr doesn't go past the eye bone the eyes won't swell shut . I take 1 nap a day the rest of the time i do everything I normally do because lying around makes healing slower being active speeds it up.
I appreciate all the information, anything you want to share to help prepare for what it's like is priceless for me, I'm a bit of a chicken and it helps to know what I'm in for. Everything I've seen has all been positive to the results and I'm sure yours will be as well. Take care of yourself and post when you can! Thanks!!
I had the baker gordon version . He had me taking a lot of vitamins 3 weeks before the peel so my body would try to heel faster . Most of the burn skin came off with the tape I still have a lot of healing to do but I think I should be fine by the end of next week to go out with make up on . I will post a picture a day so you see the progress.
Thank you so much! You look better than I had imagined it would be as far as swelling. That is the part that scares me the most I think is maybe having eyes swell shut. The pictures and posts are great :)

Thanks for letting us know that you didn't have to take anything for the pain after the second day. Its always nice to know what people experience with that. Did it hurt when the skin came off with the tape, or was it just basically lifting off and no big deal?

It hurt really bad when the skin came off with the tape I don't think it was ready to come off yet put the tape only stays on for 2 days.

Oh ouch :( I was wondering if that was the case. Thanks for being honest about it - always better to know about these things.