Huge Disappointment - Houston, TX

Went for a consult for endoscopic brow lift and...

Went for a consult for endoscopic brow lift and how to 'fix' drooping left side of face and ended up going for rhytidectomy(face lift). endo brow lift, sub mental lipectomy and neck-lift, fat-transfer (bill says periorbital/temporal/nasolabial) and Buccal fat pads removed. Add to the total almost $300 for the Aqua cool system that stopped cooling during the 3rd night. At that time the swelling started. It would have been better to save that expense and just use ice packs
read the reviews of ultherapy which is a procedure whose results are a long time coming and most aren't that noticeably impressive. Ultrasound is known to reduce facial volume and so would it be a good idea given your facial structure to lose volume even if the ultherapy tightened skin as well ..or do you need volume? I would seek as many free consults from driving-area PS as you can for recommendations on how best to "fix" your issues. Another brow lift, another neck lift, more fat transfer whatever just to see if there is any consensus among PS on what additional needs to be done. Ever heard of Dr Kridel in Houston? He seems to have a good rep and seems fairly low-key but competent. And the brow lift...are you sure it was endoscopic b.c that timeline sure doesn't seem to fit the description of anything but a fairly superficial "lateral brow lift". In addition to Dr harley's site pls do read the entire "journey" of renaissancelady46 . and the price is the whole procedure cost not just the surgeon's fee. grace60
I don't see how anyone could do an endoscopic brow lift in 15 OR 17 minutes. It would take that long just to make the 5 incisions, stop the bleeding, and get the endoscope ready. Are you numb from the procedure at this point? And you had fat transfer...still there? So, you spent 19K and, to get the result you thought you were purchasing, you now need to spend 11K more? I know he must have taken post op pictures at about 4 months so was there the improvement you wanted at that point or not at all? Just for comparison at the 3/4 month mark go to a RS profile called Renaissancelady46 and see what 6,200K buys in Ashville, NC. No one knows what result she will have at 2 yrs post but it might do well to see what those $'s can buy. Her doc is Dr David Harley and you could also visit a dr review site called Vitals to see what 80 other patients have to say. Comparisons are always good. grace60
That is what he told me in conversation.. There is still mild numbness around my ears. Odd thing is that my lower ear lobes were also reduced in size. The only real good thing is that the scars from the lift are practically nonexistent. When I was there last week and telling the intake tech about all the issues I said that I wasn't even really sure the transfer was done. I am sure they are trained not to make any comment but she said yes it looks like it didn't "take". I have requested the photos so we will see how if I will have to do more then just 'request' them. I thought I would check into what Ultherapy cost and results since a reply from Lupe/Dr. Mentz said that would be what I would see Renee a RN for but she was the one who did the Botox which left me with the lid droop when she put it where I told her not to. OMG after reading the Ultherapy review I feel even worse. I don't know anyone who really has had a facelift to tell me all the things I guess I should have picked up through osmosis (that revisions have a 1 year limit, still not sure if the Botox Dr. Mentz kept talking about using with-in that time frame was also covered. I was having problems with the neck lift at 4-6 months. I told them that when I vacuumed the stairs that my neck loud terrible for at least a day after and started to wear the chin strap from post-op. You know what he said? Well the solution is don't vacuum the stairs. We did converse as friends with a lot of similar interests but he just kept telling me to wait. Little did I realize how naive I am. I have seen the city cost comparisons. Oddly enough I just finished telling my mom that I would love to live in NC! Thanks I will look at doc.
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Two weeks after surgery the brow lift was gone. Extremly strong '11'muscles due to 25 years of low vision. Thought doctor understood after explaining that it took 30-40 units of Botox to weaken that area. At my 6 month follow-up he suggested using botox in the outer area below the corners of my mouth to weaken the downward pull. Said he does that for his sister. This might return the upward youthfulness to my mouth. At my follow-up visits I kept hoping he would say he could do better but that never happened. When I kept mentioning the 11's he would say it was too soon for him to do anything. I felt that I needed to stop being so nice and tell him how unhappy I was at my 2 yr follow-up and his remark was that these lifts don't last forever! He asked what would make me happy. He told me he would work up a list and it came to almost $11,000. Since I wiped out my savings with the original procedure I am out of luck. I think my mistake was thinking that Dr. Mentz 'got it' on how strong those muscles were and that I was not a 'standard' case regarding a brow lift. I also brought my mom to my 2nd consult (1st in 2008 was just to discuss a brow-lift) to show the direction my face droop was heading. Sadly after today's pic (11/14/13) I am showing sagging under my jawline on the right side. My suggestion is that anyone considering a procedure take notes and review them with the doctor. Honestly I think he forgets discussions we have had but he seems so personable that you don't realize it until it is too late. Not a perfectionist as his beautiful assistants tell you.